Man United 2-1 Chelsea

Personally Id like

Cech

Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Kalou(?)

Benayoun

Torres

But in reality I think we will see Malouda play on the left wing with Drogba or Anelka playing alongside Torres up top, also Im 50/50 as to wether I think Alex will start or not, I really hope he does because I dont want to see Bosingwa play against Man Utd again.

A huge, huge game and in all likelyhood, Ancelotti's job is probably on the line.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I firmly believe we will score at Old Trafford, and hopefully more than just once. Then any win will send us through. United players are not so strong, just like us at the moment but we have one thing that will prove as the key factor - the players must use all the pain and make from it our weapon. Then I have absolutely no doubts. Any lucky goal, any offside goal, any penalty after Nando's dive (I know, penalties in our favour in CL), any hand-ball resulting in a goal, that would be the sweet coating. COME ON BOYS!

Well this the last chance to make something out of the season.

The boys should play their game of the year now and advance to the semi's

United could win the treble this season it would really be shocking.

No way, love to see United beat Barcelona, English teams have been weak this season, Barcelona would run circles round any english team in my opinion.

forget the whole season , for all i know we are much better than man utd and we are more than capable of winning this game ...

only one out of Drogba and torres should start , i would pick torres because while they both might have the same impact from the start but Drogba might have much more impact from the bench .

i hope :

............cech...............

iva..alex...terry...cole

.....ess....lamps.......

rami...............benayoun

.....kalou.....torres....

we must make better use of set-pieces , manure cab be exposed from corners and set-pieces and we have the likes of terry , iva and alex .

That is a great line up, however i think Kalou is under a bit of pressure with the Ivory Coast civil war, and his dad missing in it. Don't know if he can be played, still Kalou and Ramires could be great, since Kalou would drop back with Ramires, Benayoun behind Torres, and useful on that wing, really that's a very good line up, the only thing we have to prayer for is the fact that Essien and Lampard will play well. Still though that's a good line up, though i Kalou can't play, then shot Drogba on, he could probably do even better to be honest, Drogba kicks out good crosses.

That is a great line up, however i think Kalou is under a bit of pressure with the Ivory Coast civil war, and his dad missing in it. Don't know if he can be played, still Kalou and Ramires could be great, since Kalou would drop back with Ramires, Benayoun behind Torres, and useful on that wing, really that's a very good line up, the only thing we have to prayer for is the fact that Essien and Lampard will play well. Still though that's a good line up, though i Kalou can't play, then shot Drogba on, he could probably do even better to be honest, Drogba kicks out good crosses.

we have all seen how can we expose the 4-4-2 formation by having a Shadow striker , who can link between midfield and forward line , kalou is unfortunately our only player who is capable of falling deep and still play direct football , the other one is anelka but his decision making is so slow and he is not direct at all . rooney has done that with perfection for united and i hope carlo has noticed .

that's why Drogba must not start and kalou should , and Drogba will be a great addition come the 60 min. mark .

Chelsea will score at least 1 goal on tuesday but will united ??

we have all seen that their defense isn't exactly what you would call a brick wall , so we can score but i have a bad feeling about them scoring so it's either 1-1 or 1-2 for me with no extra time anyway.

we have all seen how can we expose the 4-4-2 formation by having a Shadow striker , who can link between midfield and forward line , kalou is unfortunately our only player who is capable of falling deep and still play direct football , the other one is anelka but his decision making is so slow and he is not direct at all . rooney has done that with perfection for united and i hope carlo has noticed .

that's why Drogba must not start and kalou should , and Drogba will be a great addition come the 60 min. mark .

Do you realize that this is a Champions League quarter-final, at Old Trafford, against Manchester United to whom we lost 1-0 at our own ground?

I don't think that Kalou should start. It's not time for jokes. On Tuesday, it's time for either Didier Drogba or Fernando Torres to prove that they're Chelsea heroes.

^We saw how great those 'heroes' were in the 1st leg. Kalou isn't a great player and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but I agree with BLionheart when he talks about Kalou as a second striker.

I think that they both performed quite well actually. One of them hit the post, Drogba had a great real chance one versus one with Van der Sar, Torres' header was saved too, it could have easily been three.

If they had no chances at all then I'd be worried. But Torres must bloody take the opportunities he gets on Tuesday, so must every other player. Don't bloody hesitate to shoot.

Do you realize that this is a Champions League quarter-final, at Old Trafford, against Manchester United to whom we lost 1-0 at our own ground?

I don't think that Kalou should start. It's not time for jokes. On Tuesday, it's time for either Didier Drogba or Fernando Torres to prove that they're Chelsea heroes.

we lost 1-0 at our own ground with Drogba and torres both starting and both had good games according to their recent form but still we failed to score , that was mainly because we lacked this second striker who will fall back at times and play in the hole between the defense and midfield in the 4-4-2 , that is exactly what rooney did for united .

to sum it up , Drogba and torres playing their best match together failed to score . so even if kalou is not a good player but he is our best option as a SS .

I would not start Torres against Man Utd, this game looks like the perfect match for Drogba, the last time we won at Old Trafford, Drogba was very decisive. Here is my line up.

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Essien

Ramires-Lampard

Anelka Drogba Malouda

we lost 1-0 at our own ground with Drogba and torres both starting and both had good games according to their recent form but still we failed to score , that was mainly because we lacked this second striker who will fall back at times and play in the hole between the defense and midfield in the 4-4-2 , that is exactly what rooney did for united .

to sum it up , Drogba and torres playing their best match together failed to score . so even if kalou is not a good player but he is our best option as a SS .

We lost because we Essien and Lampard were playing in the middle, not because Drogba and Torres were on the pitch together. And you still want Essien and Lampard to play but it obviously didn't work last time.

We need to sort out our midfield not front line.