Man United 2-1 Chelsea

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not meaning to tempt fate. but if it does go 2 penalties. who would you want to take them??

JT to win it. ;)

Nah - Lampard and Drogba to take the first two, not sure about who else though.

Don't want to jinx anything but the ref for this game is a shit ref from Portugal...Benquerenca. He's horrible, but in general he's universally horrible as opposed to favoring one team so hopefully the ref element is a wash. I don't understand how UEFA picks these refs, what standards they use, cuz if they asked any fan from Portugal they could name 3-4 better refs ahead of this guy. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there.

I have a quiet confidence about this game, I don't know why but I just have a feeling we'll have our game of the season and win 2-0 with both goals scored in the first half. We can hope can't we? blue%20scalf.gif

Don't want to jinx anything but the ref for this game is a shit ref from Portugal...Benquerenca. He's horrible, but in general he's universally horrible as opposed to favoring one team so hopefully the ref element is a wash. I don't understand how UEFA picks these refs, what standards they use, cuz if they asked any fan from Portugal they could name 3-4 better refs ahead of this guy. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there.

I have a quiet confidence about this game, I don't know why but I just have a feeling we'll have our game of the season and win 2-0 with both goals scored in the first half. We can hope can't we? blue%20scalf.gif

On Tuesday we won't get robbed. Officials are under pressure now. I believe that they will give us ANY penalty, unless it's obvious and if our players dive. We won't get robbed, we did in 2005, 2009, last week, but we won't on Tuesday. They'll be more careful than we all think.

Yeah, and Torres never takes penalties anyway.

He used to back in his Atletico Madrid days, but I haven't seen him take one for years. But God, please don't let it go on penalties. I don't think we'd win in front of 70,000 Manchester United fans.

I'd rather lose 3-0 in regular time than lose on penalties. Losing on penalties is heart-breaking, I just can't take it.

1 - Lampard

2 - Drogba

3 - Essien

4 - Alex

5 - Ramires/Benayoun

Torres under great pressure, would never make it. Neither JT.

I think Kalou is our 3rd best penalty taker on the team. Always seems calm under pressure and always put its out of reach.

I think Kalou is our 3rd best penalty taker on the team. Always seems calm under pressure and always put its out of reach.

Good shout. ;)

Kalou has scored twice against Manure as well, both in CL final and the winner in the 2009 Community Shield final. Sent the goalkeeper wrong way both times.

Torres took penalties for Atletico for years and also for Spain (though he wasn't the main guy). But I think he went through a bad patch, lost his nerve and hasn't taken them since coming to England. You won't see him fighting a teammate to get a penalty kick.

I'm hoping we win more than expecting it, But I have a sneaky feeling that we can do what we did to Barca, If the lads are fired up in the dressing room, Go out hammer and thongs, and get 2 early goals, That would be fucking brilliant.

Don't talk about penalties, we will not need them, as we will go through after 90 minutes (technically after 99 if you add Fergie Time lol).

However, if this ends up 1-0 for us and the game will go to extra-time, we better start attacking with all the men, including Petr Cech :lol: as our stats in pens are laughable.

I expext our fans giving their best, like always, and hopefully it will drive our boys.

we have all seen how can we expose the 4-4-2 formation by having a Shadow striker , who can link between midfield and forward line , kalou is unfortunately our only player who is capable of falling deep and still play direct football , the other one is anelka but his decision making is so slow and he is not direct at all . rooney has done that with perfection for united and i hope carlo has noticed .

that's why Drogba must not start and kalou should , and Drogba will be a great addition come the 60 min. mark .

Anelka isn't fast enough, he slows the team pace down when ever we are going for a counter attack, or when there defenders are running back he holds the ball till they are all back. Kalou might not be in the state though, but i'm confident Drogba can do a good job, well i hope he can anyway, he just needs to know he has to drop back and assist more than shoot, and i expect Torres to at least take 6 shots at the goal when ever he can find a gap. I'm not confident at all we are going to go through, but please Chelsea give them a good game, i would cry to see if we failed even more.

I've thought of a few points;

We need 2 early goals then atleast that will then rule out penalties.

Our away form isn't the best, away in the champions league is even worse (over the years).

Manure haven't lost at home this season.

There's only 4 occassions this season where we've won away and kept a clean sheet;

Copenhagen, Bolton ,Spartak Moscow, Wigan.