Man United 2-1 Chelsea

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not confident at all, but the winner will have a relatively easy semi against Schalke, with the second leg at home. Hope we can go to Wembley, and an early goal will be important. I'd love a controversial last minute winner from Torres, as he goes mad in front of the United fans singing "que sera sera"... ;)

:blink:

not meaning to tempt fate. but if it does go 2 penalties. who would you want to take them??

Kalou, Drogba, Lampard, Ashley Cole, Malouda as the first five. If Terry or Anelka step anywhere near one I'll fucking clobber someone.

I think Kalou is our 3rd best penalty taker on the team. Always seems calm under pressure and always put its out of reach.

Hell yes. He has superb technique with penalties.

I wouldn't mind seeing this team out against United:

-- Cech --

-- Ivanovic -- Alex -- Terry© -- A.Cole --

-- Mikel --

-- Lampard -- Ramires --

-- Anelka -- Torres -- Zhirkov --

Subs: Turnbull, Bosingwa, Essien, McEachran, Benayoun, Kalou, Drogba

-----------

To be truthfully honest, I feel a lot safer with Ivanovic playing at right back, even though he doesn't really like playing there. More than anything else, he's a lot more of a defensive choice than Bosingwa is. We might need a defence that's going to be consistant, and stop Rooney from roaming in and around the 6-yard box and getting a clear shot on goal, so we need to stick him there rather than Bosingwa, who's a lot more lightweight, and is more of a wing back, rather than a defensive one.

I also feel that Essien needs a step down in the team. Maybe bring him on in the second half when things aren't quite working in midfield. Essien's been rather sloppy with the ball in recent games and is due to the odd foul every few minutes or so. I would much rather see a relatively in-form Ramires getting at the United defence and give them something to worry about.

Anelka isn't fast enough, he slows the team pace down when ever we are going for a counter attack, or when there defenders are running back he holds the ball till they are all back. Kalou might not be in the state though, but i'm confident Drogba can do a good job, well i hope he can anyway, he just needs to know he has to drop back and assist more than shoot, and i expect Torres to at least take 6 shots at the goal when ever he can find a gap. I'm not confident at all we are going to go through, but please Chelsea give them a good game, i would cry to see if we failed even more.

Anelka is one of our fastest player, but that's the thing with him - he doesn't always use it wisely

How about this? If one person can make Torres shine, then that's Yossi. He was pretty good against Wigan, and as soon as he was on the pitch there were sparkles of creativity to be seen. Almost made Torres score.

Mikel also instead of Essien.

93582_Chelsea.jpg

Anelka is one of our fastest player, but that's the thing with him - he doesn't always use it wisely

Sorry i didn't express it well enough, i don't check what i say so i'm just talking out of my head most of the time only what i can understand. When i meant not fast enough as in, thinking, i think Anelka has weak concentration, when the team are making runs and he gets a pass he takes to long to decide who to pass it to or play through to, if you get what i mean, sorry i need to check what i say more often.