Man United 2-1 Chelsea

i think Anelka has weak concentration, when the team are making runs and he gets a pass he takes to long to decide who to pass it to or play through to,

Agreed. He's indecisive on the ball. Brilliant players already have a mental picture of where they want to pass the ball, they're aware of what their next move is even before they receive the ball themselves. With Anelka, his thinking is a bit muddled when in possession. He's almost always unsure about what do to with the ball and takes up too much time in making a decision. The opportunity is lost by then and defenders have scampered back. He's one of the most useless players to have in a counter-attacking situation. Which is a shame really because off the ball he's absolutely terrific and has great positional instincts.

I'd still play him behind Torres for the second leg though. I think Kalou is better suited to that role but he's not 'all there' mentally at the moment, courtesy the situation back in Cote d'Ivoire.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boom, Sit the fuck down TX!

Hardly.

Essentially, it's a very poor quality photo manipulation, on a very basic pre-school level, that is all.

However, I won't indulge in this further, due to the inevitable 200 MILLION pages of potential bickering.

Agreed. He's indecisive on the ball. Brilliant players already have a mental picture of where they want to pass the ball, they're aware of what their next move is even before they receive the ball themselves. With Anelka, his thinking is a bit muddled when in possession. He's almost always unsure about what do to with the ball and takes up too much time in making a decision. The opportunity is lost by then and defenders have scampered back. He's one of the most useless players to have in a counter-attacking situation. Which is a shame really because off the ball he's absolutely terrific and has great positional instincts.

I'd still play him behind Torres for the second leg though. I think Kalou is better suited to that role but he's not 'all there' mentally at the moment, courtesy the situation back in Cote d'Ivoire.

Yes that's what i mean, Anelka even with his experience with the club still doesn't have the confidence with his decision making, unless he is just generally slow with it. But he has mucked many things up before so that could trigger a reason. Now we've got defence sorted out we may have a chance, we honestly have to hope Lampard and Essien will have this against United, and will actually play well. Also like Ancelotti said this isn't about Torres getting his first goal this is about Chelsea. I would rather have Anelka behind Drogba, i think it will offer more, benayoun behind Torres, could it be both?, might be on to something here.

Hardly.

Essentially, it's a very poor quality photo manipulation, on a very basic pre-school level, that is all.

However, I won't indulge in this further, due to the inevitable 200 MILLION pages of potential bickering.

How dare you fade your writing, i actually went past that.

Really very little confidence of qualification. I guess this'll make it easier when we don't qualify, I won't be too angry if I anticipate it.

Yeah big reason why i don't be confident, cause you feel like a right dick if you lose.

I don know how, since Ancelotti is our coach...but I get the feelling that we will go through, and I also believe that Torres will score if he start the game...am I dreaming ?

Yes, but may be it will be a dream come true

I don know how, since Ancelotti is our coach...but I get the feelling that we will go through, and I also believe that Torres will score if he start the game...am I dreaming ?

Yes You are big time.

Is hard to Belive with a team like united with so much experiece in all lines. But there is no imposible in fútbol, Chelsea can do it if they really do The best game of The season, if we score when we have a chance, and everyone

Perform at The very best.

Sorry i didn't express it well enough, i don't check what i say so i'm just talking out of my head most of the time only what i can understand. When i meant not fast enough as in, thinking, i think Anelka has weak concentration, when the team are making runs and he gets a pass he takes to long to decide who to pass it to or play through to, if you get what i mean, sorry i need to check what i say more often.

We all do that sometimes mate :)

Agree with the Anelka part

If Henrique is being optimistic about the game, we have to win :D