Grant Equals Mourinho Record

BlueLion.

More Grant stuff from Reuters newsagency;

Grant's most famous falling out was with the Israel coach Dror Kashtan. In 1996, Grant persuaded Maccabi Tel Aviv and their wealthy owner, Loni Herzikowitz, to reappoint him manager of the club despite the fact that Kashtan had just won a league and cup double there. Unsurprisingly the pair are no longer on speaking terms.

The former West Ham midfielder Eyal Berkovic – famously said that he wanted the Israel team to lose when Grant was in charge.

His coaching skills highlight was to show his players a clip from the Mel Gibson film Braveheart in order to motivate them before a game. They lost.

In a study of Grant's career, one theme recurs again and again: he has always courted influential, wealthy men and placed himself inside the circle of power. His networking skills are legendary and Abramovich is the latest in a series of wealthy businessmen who have been at the centre of Grant's persuasion.

He came to know Abramovich in 2006 when Uzbekistan billionaire Lev Leviev was planning to take over Hapoel Tel Aviv. The club were to be a nursery side for Chelsea and Grant was to be installed by Leviev, another powerful contact that Grant had courted, as manager. When the takeover fell through, Grant complained endlessly, and Abramovich promised his new friend he would find him a job in England

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres more in the Independent today

Not only did Harry Redknapp reveal that he thought about quitting when Avram Grant was foisted on him at Portsmouth – but he added that he had fully expected the Israeli to eventually replace Jose Mourinho when he then moved to Chelsea last summer.

Redknapp's admission again highlighted the intriguing way in which Grant made his entry into English football. A long-standing pallyness with the agent Pini Zahavi, a blossoming friendship with Roman Abramovich – a route facilitated by the Russian billionaire's association with Portsmouth owner Sasha Gaydamak – and suddenly a relatively obscure coach had landed at one of the most powerful clubs in the World

Although i love Cousin Avi yous have narf hit a nerve defending yids so i thought i'd muster up a little reply to send you all into controversial meltdown!

*Idiocy edited*

After posting this 'strong' reply i'd like to send my deepest apoligies to Avram and hes family. This was simply a wake up call to the wankers who have only just started following Chelsea and do not understand the hatred between the two clubs.

Actually,Chelsea's hatred of Rottenham stems from our controversial defeat against them in the 1967 FA cup final where Gilzean(i think) scored a dubious goal.Chelsea only use the 'yids' chestnut to mock the Rottenham fans as Rottenham is a Jewish community,and their own fans call themselves yids.

And when will people wake up?,yes YOU Cracker.Yid is NOT anti-semetic.Yid is slang for the Hebrew language(yiddish).Shyster is more anti-semetic,but that's down for the PC brigade to differentiate :whistling: .

I personally can't understand the Hitler songs,especially when the same people sing anti-German songs when England play the Krauts,also when Hitler came VERY close to acheiving his ambitions,if it was'nt for our canny Mr Churchill and of course our then efficient Armed Forces.

But what would i know,i'm one of those 'wankers' that have only started supporting Chelsea and i've never really seen the sky over Stamford Bridge :rolleyes:

Guys, it wasn't the word yid he was shitting himself over, it was the stereotype that CM2000 made about 'yids', I think it was something to do with greed and money. And when you combine the word yid with the negative songs some sing, its easy to see how it can be construed as a negative word, much as the same as how the and word to describe a black person became so negative when combined with slavery.

It's much a do over nothing though. No-ones going to change some people's views on these things. Why waste your breath?

Guest TheStylishKidInTheRiot
fuck that my friend, you've gone to strong, i don't ever want to see that kind of posting again......i'm a supporter of many years and never seen or heard that kind racism by true Chelsea supporters.......

it comes straight out of the NF and BNP, who i know still have a following at the bridge, but you can count me out of that kind of filth :angry:

You need to open your eyes and clear out them ears of yours then pascal

No true Chelsea fan sings that shit. You don't need to glorify Hitler to hate on Tottenham.

You're in the wrong decade.

Shut up Elliot you look like a fuckin yid as it is with your ben haim barnet turn it in.

On the other hand i do agree send me back to the late 70s 80s era por favor

Shut up Elliot you look like a fuckin yid as it is with your ben haim barnet turn it in.

On the other hand i do agree send me back to the late 70s 80s era por favor

Ben Haim barnet? Don't think so :lol:

You just need to accept things are changing, so either change yourself or prepare yourself for a bit of grief for your old fashioned ways. Take a leaf from jbd's book, he's with it.

and you need to take your racist shit elsewhere

I'm not racist, everyones entitled to their opinion my friend.

All this BNP propaganda makes me laugh myself silly.What they forget is that it's the West Indians and the Asians that helped build Britain and get the economy back in order after Hitler and his cronies bombed it during the War.

Don't get me wrong,i'm certainly no 'namby pamby' leftie,but i certainly don't want ethnic cleansing in the UK.

If the BNP pledged stuff like more care for our OAP's,making the NHS the NHS and not the WHS(world health service),getting lazy cunts off their arses and into work by stopping their benefits,putting young offenders behind bars if they're caught with a knife or a shooter,bringing back hanging or the chair for nonces and all murderer's and rapists in general then maybe,maybe i would have more time for them.

They're just a 'one issue' party and a waste of a vote.

If the BNP pledged stuff like more care for our OAP's,making the NHS the NHS and not the WHS(world health service),getting lazy cunts off their arses and into work by stopping their benefits,putting young offenders behind bars if they're caught with a knife or a shooter,bringing back hanging or the chair for nonces and all murderer's and rapists in general then maybe,maybe i would have more time for them.

You've just named the main policies written on the leaflets they've been handing out all over London over the last few days, funny how everyone is obsessed with the one main policy that the BNP supposedly has, yet ignore all the policies above.

I'll be voting BNP come May the 1st.

You've just named the main policies written on the leaflets they've been handing out all over London over the last few days, funny how everyone is obsessed with the one main policy that the BNP supposedly has, yet ignore all the policies above.

I'll be voting BNP come May the 1st.

May 1st.The day that snivelling left wing cunt Livingstone gets bombed out of office :drunk::woo:

I'm not racist, everyones entitled to their opinion my friend.

Hahaha. If your posts in this thread are anything to go by, you are racist. Yes it is your opinion, and that means your opinion is racist. Stop fooling yourself.