Grant Equals Mourinho Record

BlueLion.

I went to my local PC world the other day, tell you what, you have to be fucking careful what you say in there :D

Too right. I went in there for twin coaxial cable, and four salesmen come up to me at the same time, a black fella, an Asian, A Chinaman, and a Yid.

I said ''What a wonderful concept of racial harmony''. But you've got to be so careful. As for Currys, dont get me started.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have all these headlines in the paper like "Avram as good as Jose" but that really isnt the case.

I can see from games Avram Grant is a poor tactician and he doesnt look as if he can change matches very well... I mean take reading & newcastle at home for instance, both games we won but my god... Reading 2nd half we just invited them to score against us and it was the same vs newcastle, they did score and we got lucky with Kalou's goal. Everton at home is a prime example of probably what would have happened in those games and shows we cant keep using this game plan with Avram uses more or less every home game, score then lock up. At least Jose knew how to hold onto a lead properly... And yes, I know we got the results IN THE END but we seriously need to play better than that.

Good points GZ. I dont blame Grant as I seriously dont think he has any input, hes clueless, but you're right a void is there where Mourinho, at half time fired up the boys. Ten cates and Clarke do their best though. I thought against Pompey we were pretty average a lot of the time.

You have all these headlines in the paper like "Avram as good as Jose" but that really isnt the case.

I can see from games Avram Grant is a poor tactician and he doesnt look as if he can change matches very well... I mean take reading & newcastle at home for instance, both games we won but my god... Reading 2nd half we just invited them to score against us and it was the same vs newcastle, they did score and we got lucky with Kalou's goal. Everton at home is a prime example of probably what would have happened in those games and shows we cant keep using this game plan with Avram uses more or less every home game, score then lock up. At least Jose knew how to hold onto a lead properly... And yes, I know we got the results IN THE END but we seriously need to play better than that.

So you mean to say we never conceded late goals during Jose's stint?...Werent we Fucking Lucky to get a 92nd minute goal against a relegated team like Watford?

Sure we are meant to have off games every now again like Manure did vs Tottenham the other week, but what i'm trying to say is you can see most games you can see we are playing very dangerously, whereras most of Jose's games where considerably safe and solid.

Sure we are meant to have off games every now again like Manure did vs Tottenham the other week, but what i'm trying to say is you can see most games you can see we are playing very dangerously, whereras most of Jose's games where considerably safe and solid.

sorry franco but that's utter bollocks, there was many an occasion under jose when we were 1-0 up and he shut up shop.......and there was me saying for fuck sake jose let go and try and wrap the game up with another goal, so as i can stop chewing my finger nails off :rolleyes:

regards:JBD

As I said i'm not denying that. But can you not see the troubled way we are now playing when trying to lock up. Please someone tell me i'm not the only one seeing the difference...

no mate it is still happening! the point i was making is that jose did it as well..........often :mellow:

As I said i'm not denying that. But can you not see the troubled way we are now playing when trying to lock up. Please someone tell me i'm not the only one seeing the difference...

I agree with you....

The thing Jose installed was if we went 1-0 it was all hands to the pumps....defend that lead with your life. Teams knew that if we got in front they were gonna find it very very hard to penetrate us and get back into the game. Thats why so many teams played to defend against us with 11 men behind the ball........at SB.

Now teams are coming to SB and having a go at us, knowing we will give them more chances than before.

Its more a psychological thing we had over an opponent.

Get out of the Jose Hangover....!! thats all I can say....Future managers be it Grant or anyone wont play the "Score a goal shut the shop" System. You shoudlnt be caring as long as we win.

Our team last season scored soo many later winners...soo many nail biting finishes soo many heart breaking draws...and this happened consistently through out the season....I for once dont see that happening this season apart from a couple of matches here and there...inspite of not having drogba,lamps terry, essien,kalou, etc etc.

Last year..It was Drogba Droga Drogba..Had drogba been injured we wud have panicked.Thats not the case this season.

Do you all agree that last season's matches were more nervy, and nail biting than this season..?

the everton game, wigan, watford..to name a few.

then the heart breakers at Bridge against fulham and reading.

I aint a grant fan by any means..but hate to see blinkered people who care to neglect our pitfalls during Jose's stint.

Edited by warnie_666

Get out of the Jose Hangover....!! thats all I can say....Future managers be it Grant or anyone wont play the "Score a goal shut the shop" System. You shoudlnt be caring as long as we win.

Our team last season scored soo many later winners...soo many nail biting finishes soo many heart breaking draws...and this happened consistently through out the season....I for once dont see that happening this season apart from a couple of matches here and there...inspite of not having drogba,lamps terry, essien,kalou, etc etc.

Last year..It was Drogba Droga Drogba..Had drogba been injured we wud have panicked.Thats not the case this season.

Do you all agree that last season's matches were more nervy, and nail biting than this season..?

I aint a grant fan by any means..but hate to see blinkered people who care to neglect our pitfalls during Jose's stint.

Its a thread about Jose AND Grunt.....sorry if bringing Joses way of doing things into the thread, but isnt that what its about.????

Everton, Wigan, Watford all away games. Unimportant.

I'm talking about playing at home. Yes we had those draws but i'm talking EVERY GAME AT HOME I'VE SEEN WITH GRANT HE MAKES US PLAY LIKE WE ARE PLAYING AWAY TO FUCKING BARCA... DOES ANYONE ELSE NOT SEE THAT.... <_<

I wont make the same point again hopefully that's clear enough now.

Everton, Wigan, Watford all away games. Unimportant.

I'm talking about playing at home. Yes we had those draws but i'm talking EVERY GAME AT HOME I'VE SEEN WITH GRANT HE MAKES US PLAY LIKE WE ARE PLAYING AWAY TO FUCKING BARCA... DOES ANYONE ELSE NOT SEE THAT.... <_<

I wont make the same point again hopefully that's clear enough now.

errrrr..........in a word mate "no".......i think its' your imagination :D

I agree with you....

The thing Jose installed was if we went 1-0 it was all hands to the pumps....defend that lead with your life. Teams knew that if we got in front they were gonna find it very very hard to penetrate us and get back into the game. Thats why so many teams played to defend against us with 11 men behind the ball........at SB.

Now teams are coming to SB and having a go at us, knowing we will give them more chances than before.

Its more a psychological thing we had over an opponent.

I agree that it's more a psychological thing now in that I think teams believe we can be "got at" much more under Grant than under Mourinho.

I too disliked the 1-0 shut downs as it made things incredibly nerve racking - one slip and you risked disaster. That said more often than not we were so secure that the idea that this would happen was rare - that didn't help my nerves though!

Now Grant to be fair is trying to play more expansive football - well he says he is I don't see that much of an enormous sea change - but still even a small change sends signals out that you are more open (literally) to a game where the result is not almost preordained.

Under Mourinho you could almost guarantee the result was going to be a 1-0 or 2-0 victory under Avram I'm never too sure what is going to happen anymore!

Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Any way Grant is now in charge and basically we've all got to put up with whatever is served to us just like we did under Mourinho.

Edited by pluto