Grant Equals Mourinho Record

BlueLion.

On a serious Note...I really dont care who manages as long as we win the League or the Champions League. But occasions like the Liverpool match or the Man utd match made me litrally pull my hair out of frustration watching Grant's tactics. Cmmon, It looked like Grant was playing for a draw.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

& if we were already talking about Israeli & dutch football here's an interesting result from

the 2004 Champions leauge..Maccabi Tel Aviv 2-1 Ajax

while it was not more nor less..Ronald Koeman himself that was the

manager of Ajax at the time..

I think if I'm not mistaken that on the 2-leg Ajax beat maccabi 3-0,

anyway as I said before there is still NO place for serious comparison between Dutch & Israeli football..but they are not hardly as far from each other as in the far past or as some people would maybe imagine..

On a serious Note...I really dont care who manages as long as we win the League or the Champions League. But occasions like the Liverpool match or the Man utd match made me litrally pull my hair out of frustration watching Grant's tactics. Cmmon, It looked like Grant was playing for a draw.

First of all I agree with you entirely-"I really don't care who manages as long as we win the League or the Champions League."

but I don't think he played for a draw, I really don't think he has reached any kind of stable position yet in the team or as a top premiership club coach, that he could start allowing himself to play such doggy ugly "games" such as losing crucial title points on purpose ext..& think he would still manage to get away with it somehow,

He played to win, he needs to win!..no one is going to forgive him yet like at other teams, as for example they have forgiven Wenger & Ferguson several times for not performing well in previous seasons & not earning any silverware..

he's still very far from being in such a comfortable position like those two & others..

from what I saw yesterday Liverpool were one of the best sides we've played for some time

they had their strongest players on the pitch & with a good bench available to..

& as I have said previously. they are a frustrated hungry team that need positive results at any cost..

& now lets see who we had.. Lampard wasn't really there, Malouda went lost to & Swp wasn't at his best either..so who's left to "throw" forward when nor Drogba or Sheva are around ?what other options did Grant have?..personaly I cant think of many more in this case,..

can you?.. what?.. :doh::)

Edited by Cracker

& Just one more thing...that for some reason seems to have raised quite a bit of interest & controversy here in the forum lately,..

I don't know or remember who it was here that "decided" for some obscure reason that I'm a Spurs fan & started also to spread the ridiculous rumor around..

But the truth is that it didn't really bother me what he or others said at the time..so I couldn't be bothered to respond & deny their stupid claims either..

& the truth of the matter & the funny thing about the whole thing is..that I don't think I know the name of even one of spurs players, except that Berbatov or something..(& I know him only because there were talks of him moving to Chelsea last month..) & I know also that they had for a few seasons an Egyptian player named Mido that was very good at the time, but I think they got rid of him after some time for some reason to,..

Anyway I thought it was clear enough there when I wrote that I cant wait for Chelsea to beat spurs at least 6-0 in the CC final, but maybe still saying that, wasn't explicit & clear enough & still was a bit to "witty" for some.., ^_^:lol::lol: ..

Edited by Cracker

Israel year on year is cited as having the most vile, racist fans by Kick It Out. No wonder the surrounding countries wont play them and think they're cunts.

I find it a little odd too that they were so eager to give him a four year contract but that's Roman world for you!

After watching Grant and how he operates on and off the pitch and from what I've read about his life in the Israeli league what we are seeing now is pretty much what you would expect. He was renowed for his dull, safety first, try to get a win and if not then don't lose no matter what style of football.

Hence many Israeli journalists stunned surprise when he was put forward as the attacking balm to Mourinho's pragmatist age.

Grant is no risk taker that much is certain, he is no risk taker because (a) it is not in his nature and never has been no matter what he might spout forth to you, me and Roman (b)because he is simply scared of losing, losing the fans respect (which he has never really had yet if full measure), losing any support he had from the press sick of the Mourinho ego trip as certain journos saw it and © worried about losing his job if the results get bad - the dream job he has assiduously worked his way towards getting by arse licking anyone who had power and influence to get him this far.

The one thing I do disagree with you on is the intelligence aspect. Grant is intelligent, he was intelligent enough to spot that Roman had a hankering for a change of coach and insert himself into his circle in time and convince him that he was the man - he was intelligent enough to not change anything at the club when he came on board - again smart and he was intelligent to not allow his ego to get in the way and agree to Ten Cate coming on board and Clarke staying (a Mourinho cohort lest we forget) because he probably knew deep down he needed the support.

Those are not actions of a stupid guy, but unfortunately there is that kind of intelligence and then there is the kind of intelligence which allows you to read a game in an instant, smell the mood of the crowd, sense the players mood at any one moment and the opposition's to boot and make your move at key moments with key players, willing to turn a formation around in a moment by not necessarily replacing like with like. It's this kind of intelligence that I don't think Grant has in any great abundance. I say "think" because I need to see him operate a few more times against a really big club not an Olympiakos or a Liverpool in bad form but a Man Utd, Arsenal, Barca, Milan - that kind of team.

He may surprise me and prove that he has climbed a steep learning curve and what Mourinho had - that tactical nous and intelligence - is something Grant can acquire but I have my doubts.

Beating Wigan, Derby, Sunderland, QPR and the like or crushing Man City or even beating a soon to implode Valencia have not convinced me that he's got what it takes there.

Hope he proves me wrong, despite the fact I can't say I've warmed to the guy one bit.

I think we will still be stuck with him into next season no matter what happens this - Roman has put his faith in this guy and there is no way he wants to look a mug for all to see. So Grant had better get things right at the sharp end of the season because the prospects for next season if he stays (but wins no silverware) seem very uncertain to me.

Sorry P, I cant have made myself clear. I don't think he's not clever in a general sense, then again some people who are rich aren't the brightest -it's as you say he doesn't seem to have any get up and go, no tactical awareness during the flux of a game.

If we take Sunday, he started a clearly unfit Lampard in a game that needed midfield dominance and fresh legs, while Mikel who's been playing at a very high level in Africa, and has had a week off sat on the bench.

He made no adjustments to formation or style throughout the game, made the blandest and most obvious of substitutions, and still hasnt beaten a top 4 side.

With our financial foundations we should be doing better - results don't seem quite good enough for us to be champions.

Grant is a manager who did ok in an Israeli league, (hijacking another managers team as he did Chelsea) and below average in International football.

At the end of the day the club has been built up to monumental proportions thanks to Abramovichs cash -it is his plaything if he wants -and he has in place a Yes man/puppet that will allow him to control all the way down to team selection if he wants.

First of all I agree with you entirely-"I really don't care who manages as long as we win the League or the Champions League."

but I don't think he played for a draw, I really don't think he has reached any kind of stable position yet in the team or as a top premiership club coach, that he could start allowing himself to play such doggy ugly "games" such as losing crucial title points on purpose ext..& think he would still manage to get away with it somehow,

He played to win, he needs to win!..no one is going to forgive him yet like at other teams, as for example they have forgiven Wenger & Ferguson several times for not performing well in previous seasons & not earning any silverware..

he's still very far from being in such a comfortable position like those two & others..

from what I saw yesterday Liverpool were one of the best sides we've played for some time

they had their strongest players on the pitch & with a good bench available to..

& as I have said previously. they are a frustrated hungry team that need positive results at any cost..

& now lets see who we had.. Lampard wasn't really there, Malouda went lost to & Swp wasn't at his best either..so who's left to "throw" forward when nor Drogba or Sheva are around ?what other options did Grant have?..personaly I cant think of many more in this case,..

can you?.. what?.. :doh::)

Sorry Cracker, But Jose proved his worth in his very first season with his tactics on field.

Secondly, Liverpool always have their tail up when they play us but they'll go on to lose against shitty sides like reading.

Thirdly, Playing with 4 defenders and a holding midfeilder for 90 mins, and you say He wasnt playing for Draw? well then he wasnt playing for win either.

Jurgen Klinnsman got the Germany job without having much experience. He did pretty well. Can Grant prove us wrong? Lets wait till we get to the end of the season, analyse our trophy haul and see how well he did in hindsight.

Israel year on year is cited as having the most vile, racist fans by Kick It Out. No wonder the surrounding countries wont play them and think they're cunts.

Well because your not ready to put a lid on it & shut up already Mr "Moderator".. & it seems that some of the others here & even your own staff (that do have the best intentions & I say that as a very positive fact..) although they would very wish to, for some reason aren't able to influence you even to moderate your own tongue, not of Course speaking about the forum at whole properely..,

here are a few links that can explain in a "slightly" more serious & for a change with actual historic facts, some of the main roots of racism & antisemitism in the middle east,

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabs_and_antisemitism

2) http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-21.htm

3) http://europenews.dk/en/node/3488

and another site that shows that in spite of these type of racist literature & behavior's there are still a hopefully substantial amount of Arabs that have chosen a totally different path , & hopefully in time they will be heard much more & louder & will really help to path the way to a to long needed peace in the area..

here- http://www.arabsforisrael.com/

In no way am I saying that this much too long conflict hasn't taken its toll also on some relatively very few Israeli youths, that have made on certain occasions idiotic & disgraceful anti-Arab related remarks & chants at football games ext..that need to be condemned & dealt with in the the most strongest terms & actions,

but I think that a much better & closer look at Israeli "main stream" normal public, media & national sports associations ext'.. will show that they are not in anyway racist or anti-Arab & totally despise such behavior & try to do anything they can possibly to outroot the small minorities that act in such ways..

you would never find in Israeli main newspapers, literature & other formal media such racism like is found in at least some parts of the Arab world, thats a fact.

Edited by Cracker

Jurgen Klinnsman got the Germany job without having much experience. He did pretty well. Can Grant prove us wrong? Lets wait till we get to the end of the season, analyse our trophy haul and see how well he did in hindsight.

Difference here is that Klinsmann has done a hell of a lot in his career, been there done it, got the t-shirt. As has Gullit, Hoddle, And many other managers.....except Bryan Robson :lol:

Grunt has been there, watrched it and bought his t-shirt off e-bay :P

& I Just want to make one thing clear here,

the last thing that I want' is to turn this forum into some kind of political/religious/race discussion(argument) type of forum..

as I have proved in the past when I ignored this guy & others remarks & was ready to put everything that was said behind us & just move on..

& that also after an official compliant I sent to Admin's here, that totally understood & agreed that there have been some serious unacceptable problems here in the forum lately, & promised & insured me that they will do anything in their power to try an deal & stop them,

Anyway I have patients & I know that things can not always change over night,..

but saying that, I'm quite sure that sooner or later may Patience here will start running out,

and if that happens I'm not going to continue standing & eating this crap here almost on my own..{execpt with a few other members & staff-(no names) but I have no doubt that they no who they are..} here that have been very nice & helpful, & I'm going to make sure that many other people that are connected in someway to the this issue will know exactly what has & is going on here in the forum & I'm sure that they will have lots to say & write about here to..

I'm sure that that many of the Israeli Chelsea-fc fans club-http://Chelsea.co.il/ (that by the way exists many years before Grant or even Abramovich had anything to do with the club) would love to know what has been said here by some people about their country culture & religion & I'm sure they will have allot to write about it here to...

If this carries on I Will not hesitate to contact them & other Jewish, Israeli & other

anti-racist football fans & organizations to have a say & write here exactly what they think about what has & is continuing to go on here in this forum..

personally as I have wrote a few times here in the past, I have no interest what so ever to turn this forum into a political "boxing" arena, but if this guy and others similar to him don't stop trying to provoke problems & start to shut up..they will be very clearly the ones that inevitably are going to push this forum into it.

But still as I said already I have quite a bit of patients left & I'm going to wait on as long as possible, & hopefully these problems will be dealt in the appropriate way by whoever can & should deal with them, at last once & for all.

http://Chelsea.co.il/

Edited by Cracker

Sorry Cracker, But Jose proved his worth in his very first season with his tactics on field.

Secondly, Liverpool always have their tail up when they play us but they'll go on to lose against shitty sides like reading.

Thirdly, Playing with 4 defenders and a holding midfielder for 90 mins, and you say He wasnt playing for Draw? well then he wasnt playing for win either.

It would always have been a difficult game in any circumstances & your right they would of had their tails up anyhow against us...but still I think that the combination of their already frustration, Mancity's win over Utd(that surly gave them another boost seeing that no team is invincible..) & the fact that our squad was so dented, made them smell the blood & even go for it harder than usial...& put all that together with the fact that most of their best players were fit & on the pitch just means even extra trouble,

I still don't think that the team played for a draw(at least for sure not at the begging of the match)but after the minutes started to go by & Liverpool had some decent dangerous attempts on goal, & our self realization that we are inevitably the weaker side on the day started to sink in, indeed it probably set us back a bit & we started to play more defensively..

was it deliberate decision to play more defensively or just an instinctive reaction to the situation?..its really hard to tell..

but still even if Grant understood the difficult situation the team was in on the day & decided to play more defensively I don't think it was to play for a draw, but maybe just to play more defensively & wait & hope for situations in the game that Liverpool might lose possession or make some other defensive error & then go on the "fast-break" & hopefully score from it.

anyway lets agree on thing for sure, it was a bad game & the team didn't play well enough for sure.. & lets just hope that it was just one of those offshoots that happen inevitably to every team now & again, & that now as many of our players are on the way back to the team we'll start to see the real Chelsea back live & KICKING....

Edited by Cracker

& I Just want to make one thing clear here,

the last thing that I want' is to turn this forum into some kind of political/religious/race discussion(argument) type of forum..

as I have proved in the past when I ignored this guy & others remarks & was ready to put everything that was said behind us & just move on..

& that also after an official compliant I sent to Admin's here, that totally understood & agreed that there have been some serious unacceptable problems here in the forum lately, & promised & insured me that they will do anything in their power to try an deal & stop them,

Anyway I have patients & I know that things can not always change over night,..

but saying that, I'm quite sure that sooner or later may Patience here will start running out,

and if that happens I'm not going to continue standing & eating this crap here almost on my own..{execpt with a few other members & staff-(no names) but I have no doubt that they no who they are..} here that have been very nice & helpful, & I'm going to make sure that many other people that are connected in someway to the this issue will know exactly what has & is going on here in the forum & I'm sure that they will have lots to say & write about here to..

I'm sure that that many of the Israeli Chelsea-fc fans club-http://Chelsea.co.il/ (that by the way exists many years before Grant or even Abramovich had anything to do with the club) would love to know what has been said here by some people about their country culture & religion & I'm sure they will have allot to write about it here to...

If this carries on I Will not hesitate to contact them & other Jewish, Israeli & other

anti-racist football fans & organizations to have a say & write here exactly what they think about what has & is continuing to go on here in this forum..

personally as I have wrote a few times here in the past, I have no interest what so ever to turn this forum into a political "boxing" arena, but if this guy and others similar to him don't stop trying to provoke problems & start to shut up..they will be very clearly the ones that inevitably are going to push this forum into it.

But still as I said already I have quite a bit of patients left & I'm going to wait on as long as possible, & hopefully these problems will be dealt in the appropriate way by whoever can & should deal with them, at last once & for all.

http://Chelsea.co.il/

This forum was fine until you started stirring all kinds of rubbish with your incoherent ramblings. -just why is everyone of your posts edited ???

It's quite obvious you know nothing about football, you've not made one post about it. -just some shit stirring rambling incoherent defence of Grant.

I've been supporting Chelsea since 1967 and I dont need twats like you telling me what I can and can't post. Elliott was quite right about that. You're not a Chelsea fan -admit it. As far as Israel is concerned it is a despicable state. Many Hacidic jews in London feel the same about Israel and Zionism. As I said Kick Racism Out of Football regularly cites Israeli teams as having the most racist fans in the World.

Anyway, this thread isn't about that so if you wish to discuss that in your rambling illiterate way, I've started a thread in the Football Talk Forum, just so you dont go whining and crying to Admin.

As Fulham Broadway correctly points ouot, this is not a racist debate nor has it ever intentionally been so. It is a topic to discuss to differences between Jose Mourinho and Avram Grant since the latter met the same record set by the former.

Call me what you want here, but anyone with a simple knowledge of football could name you at least half a dozen players from every team in the Premiership and probably quite a few out of the Championship.

Saying that you only know Berbatov as a Spurs player is.....well......suspect ?

Sorry.....back on topic.

Grunts a cunt :P

As Fulham Broadway correctly points ouot, this is not a racist debate nor has it ever intentionally been so. It is a topic to discuss to differences between Jose Mourinho and Avram Grant since the latter met the same record set by the former.

Cracker has a problem everytime FB says "the arabs think Israelis are Cunts". This makes him think tht according to FB Israelis are Cunts. And he gets offended.

Why dont you 2 add each other on an IM and discuss your problems there? :rolleyes: