Grant Equals Mourinho Record

BlueLion.

That's what I was trying to say thanks Elliott.

Look I don't want to get into a Grant v Jose pissing contest or annoy anyone because it's silly do that the past is the past. However, this thread is about comparing the two sets of results - the 28 games of Jose's v Grant and deciding how impressed we are or not by what Grant has achieved.

warnie seemed to be suggesting that the buys of Jose which he bought as cover for such an event we are experiencing now have either hardly helped at all or been total crap or have not played. Well I argue that over the period of Grant's reign they have indeed all proved useful - Alex and Belletti have been vital, Pizarro has chipped in the odd vital goal or assist, even Sidwell whom I would suggest has been the least used has been of help. TBH has okay not been stellar but he has not been Bhoula and has had reasonably good solid matches at times. If I have confused the Christmas period and just generally over the term when trying to explain my points then I'm sorry to warnie.

However, I stick by what I say in that Grant has benefitted from Mourinho's planning over the summer, finally getting the go ahead (too late for last season) to make vital squad purchases and Grant has been able to get through his time here much more favourably because of that. If these players were not available to Grant who would he be playing please tell? Would he be like Mourinho having to find someone or may be two players to play out of position? Would he possibly be struggling having to think about dipping into the youth squad? The same youth squad that Arnesen keeps working on but apparently baring no real fruit year after year?

If that is seen as taking away some of the credit unfairly by some fans from Grant then so be it.

I realise Mourinho did not do well over the Christmas period I'm not suggesting he did and Grant has done much better but I think there are reasons why Grant has seemingly had so much better results at some points in this season and especially over Christmas.

Fair enough Pluto, I for one think only Alex and Belleti have been usefull of all the buys during out cristmas period, rest have given bits and pieces performaces. And Malouda was injured during that period.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Elliot....coming back to Anelka, Pluto said tha Grant had the liberty to buy Anelka. I said fair enough. But you gotta see our team during the Christmas Period....Dint we win our matches then>? Wasnt that our most toughest period to cope? Did we have Anelka then? NO!!!...Anelka has come now, even against Tottenham game which was on 12th of January he came on as a sub. And we have played what? 3 games since then?....I never undermined Anelka's quality..you got that totally wrong buddy...My point was we coped during the Christmas period, without any NEW BUYS.....this when every one wondered how Chelsea's depleted squad would cope during the tough christmas period. Hence, Pluto's comment that Grant had the liberty to buy Anelka cus of which we have won games seems hollow to me.

Rant Ended....PEACE!!!!

Right, okay, fair enough, but it wasn't just those three games in the Christmas Period that we've had players missing. Grant has done pretty well considering the injuries we've had, but that is a lot down to the signings we made in the summer. Now whether that was Mourinho, or someone else (and I suppose it could have even been Grant) we don't know, but it was that foreplanning, that we learned to avoid the hard way, which has helped us out in the last 6 weeks. Credit where credit's due, and Grant has performed no miracles.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I dont believe Grant has equalled anything that Mourinho has done.

There have been at least two managers that have managed our team at work that have at best been ornamnetal, and at worst been a hindrance. Either way they needn't have been there. They inherited an experienced team who knew what they were doing, and in essence became number crunchers. Myself and colleagues have actually helped them do their job, and that is WITHOUT two experienced assistant managers helping them.

The main thing is that Chelsea FC are doing well.

I think Grant would be clueless, just from what his previous colleagues have said, and from his press talks and bodylanguage, trying to manage anything other than a newspaper stall.

I think Grant would be clueless, just from what his previous colleagues have said, and from his press talks and bodylanguage, trying to manage anything other than a newspaper stall.

I guess my doubts are based on similar factors to those Fulham mentioned.

Taking over a team like Grant has and apparently making it continue on being successful people subscribe to this as some kind of miracle and hence Grant himself is brilliant, well like Fulham said, I have a tough time getting my head around the idea that Grant is equal to Mourinho or a Fergie or Wenger or Benitez for that matter.

I'm not about to give the guy a bunch of flowers yet. How people can compare him to Mourinho in terms of quality based just about these stats I'm not sure. It's a guide to nothing too fundamental quality wise in my view just yet.

May be in a season or more we will know more.

We are successful right now and that's the main thing!

I would have refused the job, if it had been offered to me. Why?, because I aint got not experience, yet I've been trawling round the wee grounds following Chelsea for fuck knows how many years, what qualifications has he got that I haven't? I have one that he aint....Moral fibre, If he was half the man he would have accepted that, in no way was qualified for this position, But he bit and took the wedge, shouldnt be surprised, yid after all.

Esk, I'm starting to worry about you, a person who's glass is always half full. Cant see the wood for the tree's.

Also, has anyone ever bothered to notice that it seems the older guard are against the handbrake, whilst the newer ones are coming round to him? One can only wonder, perhaps they think they know best eh? :lol:

I just find it utterly unbelievable that lowlife scum like antisemitic racist remarks like this guy wrote here above could be left posted here or could be ignored without any protest by the operators & the rest of the members here in the forum.

it is one thing liking Grant & his management style or not, than using racist & criminal remarks against him, or anyone else for that matter,(& its not much better ignoring it & carrying on chatting casually with the criminal sick guy that wrote it to).

Well his Israeli counterparts have said he knows nothing about football and everything about positioning himself amongst the wealthy and powerful to increase his bank balance. He did this with Gaydemark , and then sidled up to Abramovich when in Israel.

OK you say its not Clarke and Ten cates because I ''dont see training sessions every day''. No but I've read the reports. ''Players know more what he doesnt do than what he does'' Conversely what evidence do you have he's doing a good job? Do you see the training sessions ? Do you fuck.

Ok the managers I've seen deserve some respect -Sexton, Neal, Hoddle, Bobby Cambell, Gullitt, Shellito, Blanchflower, Bobby Gould, , Vialli, Ranieri, Mourinho even fucking Porterfield, Geoff Hurst and Rix. This is the first cunt that deserves zero. You're what 18 ? From your blind adoration of the charlatan, it would be easy to label yourself as laughable, and pathetic as well. But I wont.

Anyone can buy a McDonalds franchise for £200 000+ and make a profit, yet know fuck all about manageing it. You have managers and staff to do that.

Grant is a shyster. The main thing is that Chelsea FC are doing well, we have two lynch pins with a Toad croaking in the middle, a void, which could be filled with someone who knows what they're doing. But it's Romans money and he can squander it on a fraud if he wants.

Apologies for not replying earlier but I've been away. Mr FB may resent me for being a scottish cunt but me and him?, we are brothers, almost telepathic

I just find it utterly unbelievable that lowlife scum like antisemitic racist remarks like this guy wrote here above could be left posted here or could be ignored without any protest by the operators & the rest of the members here in the forum.

it is one thing liking Grant & his management style or not, than using racist & criminal remarks against him, or anyone else for that matter,(& its not much better ignoring it & carrying on chatting casually with the criminal sick guy that wrote it to).

I'll treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve. Its your first time on here, I'll give you a chance

I'll treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve. Its your first time on here, I'll give you a chance

Frankly my (....) I don't give a damn..how you intend to treat my remarks or not, and lets just make one thing clear I don't receive from you "chances" or anything else for that matter, & anyway I wouldn't ever except anything from you or anyone else that writes or talks in a similar fashion like you did there, for anything in the world.

I think that people that make any kind of deliberate offensive racist remarks like you did should be kicked out and shunned from any possible forum(virtual or not), just like certain fans would be banned from the stands of any given stadium & sometimes could be even criminally charged if they would use racial & offensive language & actions in their chants & behavior,

there shouldn't be any exception here just because its an anonymous virtual type of forum,

And just to remind everyone what was that racist antisemitic "yids" remark you made there,

here it is again..-

- "If he was half the man he would have accepted that, in no way was qualified for this position, But he bit and took the wedge, shouldnt be surprised, yid after all."-(end of quote),

I think that anyone that would except & not feel any need to protest words of that sought probably should also go & get him/er checked for their sickness.

Frankly my (....) I don't give a damn..how you intend to treat my remarks or not, and lets just make one thing clear I don't receive from you "chances" or anything else for that matter, & anyway I wouldn't ever except anything from you or anyone else that writes or talks in a similar fashion like you did there, for anything in the world.

I think that people that make any kind of deliberate offensive racist remarks like you did should be kicked out and shunned from any possible forum(virtual or not), just like certain fans would be banned from the stands of any given stadium & sometimes could be even criminally charged if they would use racial & offensive language & actions in their chants & behavior,

there shouldn't be any exception here just because its an anonymous virtual type of forum,

And just to remind everyone what was that racist antisemitic "yids" remark you made there,

here it is again..-

- "If he was half the man he would have accepted that, in no way was qualified for this position, But he bit and took the wedge, shouldnt be surprised, yid after all."-(end of quote),

I think that anyone that would except & not feel any need to protest words of that sought probably should also go & get him/er checked for their sickness.

Mate....build a bridge eh.

Stop trying to make something out of a 3 letter word.

Yid is short for 'yiddish'. end of.

Dont start having a pop at me either as I also,.... aswell as 99.9% of this forum hate racists too.

Chillax and have a beer mate. ;)

Peace CP.

And actually the more that the time goes by & I hear in different Chelsea forums quite a substantial amount of racial remarks, some more hidden carefully between the lines but still unmistakable and a few others much more blunt, like the one that was referred to before, Iam starting to think that this club might really not deserve the likes of Abramovich & Grant (that are both "yids" of course for anyone that may of forgot by mistake),

this team was just another average team before RA took over & massively invested his money into it, & its about time that people here & elsewhere would start to acknowledge that it wasn't Mourinho that actually managed to turn this team around & to turn it into the world class performer it is. but it was actually R.Abramovich's doing, (although I think that Mourinho was a very good coach and he still had his positive part & influance on the change that could never be taken from him of course) .

but I must say, as the time goes by Iam starting to think that maybe all this team deserves is someone like Ken Bates with his kind of financial abilities to invest in the squad and to turn back again into another average mid-table team, & then you can maybe go & bring Mourinho back to coach Chelsea & will see if he would do as good & win as much silverware he did under RA, with his new & much more financially limited owner,

just like if Mourinho for example would of couched the likes of Everton or Spurs, do you really think he could have done anywhere close as well he did with Chelsea?, I doubt it allot! (& that is even an understatement in my opinion).

Mate....build a bridge eh.

Stop trying to make something out of a 3 letter word.

Yid is short for 'yiddish'. end of.

Dont start having a pop at me either as I also,.... aswell as 99.9% of this forum hate racists too.

Chillax and have a beer mate. ;)

Peace CP.

Well Iam really glad to hear that & that you feel that way, & lets try & be as optimistic as possible & hope that your figures of 99.9% are even remotely close to the reality.. for the sake of the future of this club, and the World.....

and by the way the guy's remark there was much more than just saying the word "yid"(that may have been some short of yiddish in the past, I dont know), it was about the whole context & meaning of what he wrote there about those "yids" he referred to, Its a big enough problem he used that word, that as I understand isn't used any more usually in a positive manner or as a short of "yiddish" or anything like that for all I know, but again that wasn't the main point, it was much more about what he wrote about those "yid" people, and much less about the use of that word itself.

here it is again..-

Well Iam really glad to hear that & that you feel that way, & lets try & be as optimistic as possible & hope that your figures of 99.9% are even remotely close to the reality.. for the sake of the future of this club, and the World.....

and by the way the guy's remark there was much more than just saying the word "yid"(that may have been some short of yiddish in the past, I dont know), it was about the whole context & meaning of what he wrote there about those "yids" he referred to, Its a big enough problem he used that word, that as I understand isn't used any more usually in a positive manner or as a short of "yiddish" or anything like that for all I know, but again that wasn't the main point, it was much more about what he wrote about those "yid" people, and much less about the use of that word itself.

You make it sound like he (CM2000) was ranting and using a lot of sentences in a racist way when he was just using a 3-letter word. :huh:

And actually the more that the time goes by & I hear in different Chelsea forums quite a substantial amount of racial remarks, some more hidden carefully between the lines but still unmistakable and a few others much more blunt, like the one that was referred to before, Iam starting to think that this club might really not deserve the likes of Abramovich & Grant (that are both "yids" of course for anyone that may of forgot by mistake),

this team was just another average team before RA took over & massively invested his money into it, & its about time that people here & elsewhere would start to acknowledge that it wasn't Mourinho that actually managed to turn this team around & to turn it into the world class performer it is. but it was actually R.Abramovich's doing, (although I think that Mourinho was a very good coach and he still had his positive part & influance on the change that could never be taken from him of course) .

but I must say, as the time goes by Iam starting to think that maybe all this team deserves is someone like Ken Bates with his kind of financial abilities to invest in the squad and to turn back again into another average mid-table team, & then you can maybe go & bring Mourinho back to coach Chelsea & will see if he would do as good & win as much silverware he did under RA, with his new & much more financially limited owner,

just like if Mourinho for example would of couched the likes of Everton or Spurs, do you really think he could have done anywhere close as well he did with Chelsea?, I doubt it allot! (& that is even an understatement in my opinion).

Are you a Spurs fan, btw? If so, please just f*ck off instead of provoking us. Do also f*ck off if not so.

now now biru, that's not the attitude... cracker is perfectly entitled to state his opinon.

one thing is though that more and more we are getting into personal attacks on members and not dealing with what the site is about and that is Chelsea football club.

back to CM2000 i've had my differences with him and probaly still will, we'll probaly rage at each other but at the end of the day i still respect him "yid hater" or not he like most of us has his own opions and should like the rest of us be allowed to express them.

fucking hell!!!!! i think i just praised CM2000........that cant be right :D

regards:JBD