Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may do well for us if he comes. But I don't think I can handle seeing his ugly mug in our kit. Probably just my Man U hatred being projected......but I would prefer almost anyone else to lead our line than Rooney.

Torres it is.

I think rooney will go for 30 mil or a little less and for that money i think his worth it. Although in the first few games it would probably give me a strange feeling in my stomach watching him lead our line, I'm sure we will get used to it, after all its all about the club and chelsea will be a better team with rooney added, no doubt.

His versatility would work here, he can rotate positions if needed and also giving is a much bigger depth and pool to choose from.

A front four of Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Rooney could be potentially lethal........and Jose too? Wow.

SKYSPORTS CLOCKWATCH

Chelsea are favourites to sign Wayne Rooneywith Sky Bet, and David Luiz says he would be happy to see the Manchester United striker move to Stamford Bridge in the summer. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed on Sunday that Rooney had requested a transfer for the second time in his Old Trafford care

His versatility would work here, he can rotate positions if needed and also giving is a much bigger depth and pool to choose from.

A front four of Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Rooney could be potentially lethal........and Jose too? Wow.

The versatility is a massive plus in my books. People wanting us to sign Benteke and Lukaku confuse me because they're the same fucking player, whereas Wayne can drop off and create from deep.

If the rumours are true then a front three of Schurrle, Lukaku and Rooney just offers so many variations and each one could get plenty of game time. Then there's obviously Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses and possibly Piazon filling the gaps in that front four. There's physicality, pace, height and grace in almost equal measure and more importantly, competition.

The versatility is a massive plus in my books. People wanting us to sign Benteke and Lukaku confuse me because they're the same fucking player, whereas Wayne can drop off and create from deep.

If the rumours are true then a front three of Schurrle, Lukaku and Rooney just offers so many variations and each one could get plenty of game time. Then there's obviously Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses and possibly Piazon filling the gaps in that front four. There's physicality, pace, height and grace in almost equal measure and more importantly, competition.

Exactly, and having the ability and option to call for players like Schurlle, Lukaku or even Rooney from the bench is a massive difference from Benayoun and Marin.

Massive summer for us.

Exactly, and having the ability and option to call for players like Schurlle, Lukaku or even Rooney from the bench is a massive difference from Benayoun and Marin.

Massive summer for us.

The lack of depth and ability to change games been the most notable thing this season and you're right about Benayoun and Marin....even Moses hasn't really changed the shape of many games, but Benitez wouldn't do that anyway.

With Mourinho, he's always happy to shake things up. Say we start with this front four

Rooney

Hazard Mata Oscar

But the opposition does what some teams have managed and crowds us out or simply drops deep so passing through them becomes tough. We could easily change to

Lukaku

Hazard Rooney Schurrle

maybe pushing Schurrle into a front two, and dropping Oscar or Mata into the double pivot so that we can play a more direct game.

Talking to United fans, they agree that he looks a little disillusioned and lost. It's hard to criticise Fergie because he's a great manager but I get the sense that Rooney feels a little taken for granted because he's become this guy that will do a job wherever he's put. I think that if Mourinho did get him and said to him 'you're the man, show everyone what a mistake it was to sell you' then he has a monster season.

United fans know that. They don't want to sell him to an English club because he might come back and murder them. He plays best when he's motivated, when he's got that fire and something to prove and I think he's the best signing we could make to help with the development of Hazard (look at how he played with Ronaldo) and also Lukaku (who still gets 20-25 starts a season).

And just to throw in a minor point....the guy shifts football shirts worldwide. It's not a romantic point to make, but financially it helps.

Massive summer for us.

I genuinely thought we strengthened our bench last year. But a combination of daft sales - Meireles and Essien, injuries - Marin and Romeu and poor form of few others meant that only 12-13 players were the core of the team

The lack of depth and ability to change games been the most notable thing this season and you're right about Benayoun and Marin....even Moses hasn't really changed the shape of many games, but Benitez wouldn't do that anyway.

With Mourinho, he's always happy to shake things up. Say we start with this front four

Rooney

Hazard Mata Oscar

But the opposition does what some team have managed and crowds us out or simply drops deep so passing through them becomes tough. We could easily change to

Lukaku

Hazard Rooney Schurrle

maybe pushing Schurrle into a front two, and dropping Oscar or Mata into the double pivot so that we can play a more direct game.

Talking to United fans, they agree that he just looks a little disillusioned and lost. It's hard to criticise Fergie because he's a great manager but I get the sense that Rooney feels a little taken for granted because he's become this guy that will do a job wherever he's put. I think that if Mourinho did get him and said to him 'you're the man, show everyone what a mistake it was to sell you' then he has a monster season.

United fans know that. They don't want to sell him to an English club because he might come back and murder them. He plays best when he's motivated, when he's got that fire and something to prove and I think he's the best signing we could make to help with the development of Hazard (look at how he played with Ronaldo) and also Lukaku (who still gets 20-25 starts a season).

Yep, that second string line up is exactly what I am saying. It will allow us to rest players but still pose a serious attacking threat and that for me is exactly what we have struggled with and as already seen, Hazard and Mata are knackered and with those options this will be less likely the case.

no they are not, just because they are big guys doesnt mean they are the same, Benteke is more Drogba like and Lukaku likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender more and is always looking to make runs in behind.

I genuinely thought we strengthened our bench last year. But a combination of daft sales - Meireles and Essien, injuries - Marin and Romeu and poor form of few others meant that only 12-13 players were the core of the team

Essien was poor at his distribution but his presence would of been better than someone like Yossi/Marin IMO.

Alright sending out Lukaku on loan for development but not when you start a season with just two forwards and trying to challenge of every front, that was crazy.

Essien was poor at his distribution but his presence would of been better than someone like Yossi/Marin IMO.

Alright sending out Lukaku on loan for development but not when you start a season with just two forwards and trying to challenge of every front, that was crazy

He has adapted to a Right-Back role at Madrid which is good because Ivanovic looks comfortable at CB and Azpilicueta can get some rest with Essien playing few games

no they are not, just because they are big guys doesnt mean they are the same, Benteke is more Drogba like and Lukaku likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender more and is always looking to make runs in behind.

I think they're very similar players who can do very similar things in our team. I actually think Lukaku might have a bit more versatility but broadly speaking they're big guys who like to play on the last man but also use their strength to bring other players into the game.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You