Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helsea have been offered a glimmer of hope in their bid to sign Wayne Rooney.

Mirror Sport understands Jose Mourinho has been told that Manchester United ARE prepared to do business - but only if they can find a replacement for the ­unsettled striker.

The Special One has made clear his intention to make a third approach for Rooney before the transfer window slams shut, with sources close to the club suggesting it would be at a ceiling of around £30million.

Champions United have already made contact with the west Londoners to make clear their position, but without ­slamming the door totally shut.

Manager David Moyes is becoming increasingly irritated with the constant chatter linking his centre-forward with the Stamford Bridge club, and increasingly frustrated at having to deal with the issue.

He wants to concentrate on his own search for the new signings he promised to make before the window shuts, and United have made clear his feelings in conversations with the Blues' hierarchy.

The situation is complicated because Rooney wants a new contract if he stays, and United are determined to wait to see if he deserves a new deal - and a pay-rise on his already eye-watering £250,000-a-week salary.

Moyes though, knows he can’t allow one of his biggest stars to leave before he has a marque signing lined up to appease the fans and offer a serious ­declaration of intent.

The problem though, is two-fold.

The Scot has failed in a ­succession of bids to get new signings in, the latest becoming an embarrassment when Everton called the slightly bizarre £28m double offer for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini “derisory and an insult”.

Moyes is preparing another, improved bid for the pair, but he also wants an attacking midfielder who can play in the role he planned for Rooney -behind Robin van Persie.

It's the Mirror so open mind....

Jose wants ethical with manures, why ?

Just read Rio´s clueless comments on Chelsea. Then talk about ethics.

Rio isn't really worth paying attention to TBH, I mean, the guy spend most of his free time arguing with Piers Morgan on twitter. The man has no class

Anyone remember that lad I spoke about who works for a huge company in Liverpool? Well he has just text and bare in mind he is a United fan and said this...

"Now mate, had Coleen in here yesterday and whilst she didn't say direct I asked her about Wayne and Chelsea, she said "Wayne's waiting for the nod, the teams are in discussions, we hope the outcome is the one we want"

Make of it what you will, and like I said I have no reason to lie and nor does he. I share this info as it creates discussion, so if you want to call me a bull shitter etc do it via PM and don't derail the thread.

Anyone remember that lad I spoke about who works for a huge company in Liverpool? Well he has just text and bare in mind he is a United fan and said this...

"Now mate, had Coleen in here yesterday and whilst she didn't say direct I asked her about Wayne and Chelsea, she said "Wayne's waiting for the nod, the teams are in discussions, we hope the outcome is the one we want"

Make of it what you will, and like I said I have no reason to lie and nor does he. I share this info as it creates discussion, so if you want to call me a bull shitter etc do it via PM and don't derail the thread.

Rofl... Bro you get around dont you!!!

united had yesterday a lunch with the whole team including rooney+coleen. so how could she have been in Liverpool to talk to your mate?

Rio isn't really worth paying attention to TBH, I mean, the guy spend most of his free time arguing with Piers Morgan on twitter. The man has no class

Yes, I know he has no class. Although, I hope Chelsea´s players get motivated by his remarks on Monday.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens to see if he is starts or is on the bench. I would be gutted if he comes off the bench to score and slides on his knees toward their fans and lauds the applause, that would all the indication we would need to know it ain't happening.

If he does start on the bench and remains there I have a feeling Rooney and Moyes only know one thing will happen. If he's left out he's on his way IMO.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens to see if he is starts or is on the bench. I would be gutted if he comes off the bench to score and slides on his knees toward their fans and lauds the applause, that would all the indication we would need to know it ain't happening.

If he does start on the bench and remains there I have a feeling Rooney and Moyes only know one thing will happen. If he's left out he's on his way IMO.

Even if he scores I don't think he will do a knee slide unless it is a late winner. He will probably high five his team mates and smiles butcertainly not running toward the fans to celebrate. Actually if he scores MU knows he still give his all to them even though he is unhappy so they will keep him and that mean our pursuit come to an end.

The only indication that it will go the final day is if he isn't included in the squad or being left on the bench for the entire match. Actually if he comes on I don't think he will try his hardest and probably will finish the match mandatory with out making any mark on it.

Even if he scores I don't think he will do a knee slide unless it is a late winner. He will probably high five his team mates and smiles butcertainly not running toward the fans to celebrate. Actually if he scores MU knows he still give his all to them even though he is unhappy so they will keep him and that mean our pursuit come to an end.

The only indication that it will go the final day is if he isn't included in the squad or being left on the bench for the entire match. Actually if he comes on I don't think he will try his hardest and probably will finish the match mandatory with out making any mark on it.

I agree, there is a lot of scenarios in this. After his two assist cameo v Swansea it should be hard to leave him out of the team, but I just have a feeling he will start on the bench.

United could really fuck us here if they really wanted to, and I wouldn't put it past them either.

Say we put in a final bid in the days following the match and United don't accept or reject it. What's to stop them from just waiting until the deadline night and then reject it then leaving us with no one?

Think we should either move on to someone else now or make that bid something they'd seriously consider like £40m. Only thing that would make me confident in this happening again is if he picked up an "injury" between now and Monday that would keep him out completely.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You