Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Put it this way, Mata-Rooney swap wouldn't be as bad as some people are making it out to be.

It wouldn't be a tragedy. And it's realistic. Of course as a Chelsea fan, I don't want to see Mata in a United shirt, I don't want to see him score for them/celebrate with them, and I want him to stay as he's got every chance of becoming a club legend in the future. But at the same time I'm aware of the fact that for some reason Mazcar doesn't work the way it ought to, it's not about one player but about the overall good of the team, we really need Rooney, and we've got quite a few players who can excel in the number ten role. Our signing of Willian is a beautiful move, if a player swap were to indeed take place.

It's realistic that the following could happen:

1. One or two days after the United game, we come in with a bid of £30 with add ons amounting to £35 million.

2. They reject the bid.

3. We improve the bid to £40 million and say they either take it or leave it.

4. They reject it and reiterate Rooney's not for sale this summer.

5. We're forced to go to our plan B, which is player swap. We offer them Willian(I know this is very unlikely) + money, say £10-15 million.

6. They reject flatly reject that.

7. We move to our last resort which is offering Mata in a straight swap, with them perhaps having to add £5-7 million, since Mata is more valuable than Rooney.

8. They accept the offer.

An unlikely turn of events, yet realistic imho seeing the way things have been going so far. The signing of Willian doesn't look bizarre with that prospect in mind.

I don't want to see Mata go, but I'd rather have this line up if the swap does take place:

-------------------Rooney--------------

----Hazard---Oscar/KDB-----Willian

than this line up, if we keep Mata and let Rooney stay at United:

-----------------Eto'o-----------------

---Hazard-----Mata---------Willian

The second line up would also mean KDB and Oscar sitting on the bench far more, and Schurrle hardly ever getting any minutes. If we swap Mata for Rooney, all of a sudden there's a vacant space in the ACM role, and we've got a lethal striker in our front line.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have people been blind for the last season or so. Wayne was very weak at the World Cup ages ago, and last season at Utd he has been very variable. I fear he has peaked, and in all honesty we already have Torres do we need another misfiring striker.

I can only hope if he does come by some miracle he finds his old form and helps but at the minute i think he could be a weaker addition than a stronger one.

I'm one of the posters here who have thought all along that we'd never swap Mata for Rooney, but I actually think it may very well happen now.

Don't think I could watch United play every weekend with Mata scoring, assisting, and celebrating with the enemy. I'd have to unfollow him on twitter as well since he'd be posting pictures of himself with fucking scum like RvP all the time.

I'm one of the posters here who have thought all along that we'd never swap Mata for Rooney, but I actually think it may very well happen now.

Don't think I could watch United play every weekend with Mata scoring, assisting, and celebrating with the enemy. I'd have to unfollow him on twitter as well since he'd be posting pictures of himself with fucking scum like RvP all the time.

No we wont. End of story.

Mourinho has already said that Mata won't be sold under any condition. Chelsea will add players, but some will go on loan. no selling your best players. what are we? Arsenal?

Why?

Because if he really want's to join us, there is no way mentally he'll be in the right frame of mind for the match. Regardless of how stubborn Moyes may seem, I don't think he's that stupid to play him if the chances of his transfer to Chelsea are still likely. It'd be like playing a man down.

Because if he really want's to join us, there is no way mentally he'll be in the right frame of mind for the match. Regardless of how stubborn Moyes may seem, I don't think he's that stupid to play him if the chances of his transfer to Chelsea are still likely. It'd be like playing a man down.

He's a professional. He plays football for a living. He was clearly unhappy against Swansea but he still delivered two assists. He should be able to do it again.

Eto'o's agent, Vigorelli—"I spoke to Jose, who was willing to give Samuel a one-year contract, but Chelsea are waiting for Wayne Rooney."
Eto'o's agent, Vigorelli—"Mourinho only has him [Rooney] in mind & is waiting for the situation with Man United to find a breakthrough."

He's a professional. He plays football for a living. He was clearly unhappy against Swansea but he still delivered two assists. He should be able to do it again.

Playing against Swansea is different than playing against the very team you wish to join.

Playing against Swansea is different than playing against the very team you wish to join.

You mean like Torres who bagged a brace against us days before joining us? :P

Torres' transfer was nothing like Rooney. He wasn't even speculated to join us at that point.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You