Terry reappointed as England captain

Milan

Dear John, Frank, and Ashley

You are three of the best players of your generation and some of the most-respected footballers in the world - but only outside of England. Lampard's goalscoring form has always been valued by the Italian and Spanish giants, Terry's defensive prowess has earned him European recognition and the fact Real wanted Cole shows his footballing status. But in England, you're treated like shit and without respect by all bar Chelsea supporters.

So in other words, retire you old bastards.

The fact that Ashley Cole won the England player of the year award which was decided by public votes, means things aren't all Doom and Gloom..

More than whether the other fans care abt or appreciate them, it is about a person as a player wanting to win/achieve great things with his own country..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. it was public votes, so there are some objective observers out there, and not just wankers who have some misguided loyalty to his geordie racist ex.

As far as JT is concerned, i've watched England for many years, and no one comes close to the sense of occasion and pride he has. from singing the National anthem to wearing the 3 lions.

He has more pride in playing for England than Chelsea, -now whether that is misguided or not, is open to much debate -but the fact is, there is no better candidate to be captain of his country.

Even if it's one game, i'm really looking forward to see him lead England out against Wales. And what a game to do it, Wales, Millennium Stadium, Euro Qualifier, sweet.

I really hope he gets named on a permanent basis. He's purely the ONLY man for the job.

Thing is if Rios out for the season then it makes sense..not to take anything from Lampard cause he can do the job but just think JT's a bit more vocal..

Though be treated like utter shit but everyone poor guy.All that 'oh he thinks he's captain' after his yap in Africa..he was put as spokemens!! And Capello did what JT suggested anyway but nooo he was in the wrong for saying what most were thinking

Should never have been taken off him in the first place and if I was him I would have told Capello and the F.A to fuck off for the way he was treated but ultimately I'm pleased for JT as we all know how much being England captain means to him.

Actually I think it did JT some good to have the captaincy stripped from him. Personal life or not, you can't be the leader you need to be when there's an air of distrust and resentment even if if it's just amongst a few in your team. There's a Machiavelli quote I love which basically says it isn't titles that honour men but men that honour titles. I think it's quite apt in this case.

But lesson learnt I'm sure and I am glad he's gotten it back.