How Are You Feeling?

epicsarah-ous

Awful. My mom had a stroke at 54 years old. The doctor says there's a good chance she'll be back to normal but not without months and months of therapy.

Worst day of my life.

Sorry to hear that Kieran. On the positive she has age on her side so recovery time is better than someone in their 60s or 70s

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is fairly normal for students and undergraduates, the problem starts when people technical knowledge and university degrees are needed and are hired based on connection over competence. That is a serious problem of efficiency.

True, although even when I was doing Mechanical Design at university it was only through the connection of a family friend that I was offered a job (on condition of graduation) in San Diego. I ended up dropping out before completing my degree though.

@Roquila,@CeleryFC, you're not alone guys. The issue is more or less global. I've been unemployed for 7 months.....and I have a masters degree in engineering!

Thats fucking shocking mate.

Here in the US, a degree in engineering, let a lone a masters and your looking at $60,000/$70,000 easy. No joke. (The better the college can even be $80k./)

Idk if you'd ever leave your homecountry, but damn it, thats just so horrible to hear. Money isn't everything, but getting a masters should reap some financial benefit, idc what the circumstances are. Especially in engineering when you've got regular graduates making that type of money.

Thats fucking shocking mate.

Here in the US, a degree in engineering, let a lone a masters and your looking at $60,000/$70,000 easy. No joke. (The better the college can even be $80k./)

Idk if you'd ever leave your homecountry, but damn it, thats just so horrible to hear. Money isn't everything, but getting a masters should reap some financial benefit, idc what the circumstances are. Especially in engineering when you've got regular graduates making that type of money.

Tbf, it's a masters of science in engineering which would be more or less equivalent to a bachelor in engineering in the US.

It is frustrating but there is nothing you can do about it. Immigrating is not much of an option for me except for Africa, maybe. Near impossible to US, Europe or other Arab countries under the current political climate.

Southampton is soul destroying? I'm living there for the next 3 years

Honestly the few good things about Southampton are it only takes 20 minutes to walk from one end of town to the other.

And the sirens from Marchwood have the novelty of making you feel like you're in Silent Hill.

Otherwise its a crime-ridden, over-expensive cesspit with an awful nightlife and next to nothing to do.

And the sirens from Marchwood have the novelty of making you feel like you're in Silent Hill.

Otherwise its a crime-ridden, over-expensive cesspit with an awful nightlife and next to nothing to do.

:D Would be a great review on Tripadvisor or Tourist information. Used to enjoy trips to The Dell, but then thats different from living there.

Honestly the few good things about Southampton are it only takes 20 minutes to walk from one end of town to the other.

Not good to hear. But I'm only there to search for shipwrecks and other remains , and I can spend 1 year in another country if I wish. So hopefully it will be bearable.

Not good to hear. But I'm only there to search for shipwrecks and other remains , and I can spend 1 year in another country if I wish. So hopefully it will be bearable.

Well it took me a couple of a years to see it for what it was, so I guess it wasn't all doom and gloom.

But honestly, get contents insurance. I've been broken into and burgled in three separate houses. Once they stole my Dyson. Was not happy.

absolutely amazing just got an unconditional offer to study architecture at my first choice university!!!!!

congrats!

Me... Well, let's just say it's been little over 3 months since my dad died and now my mum is in hospital.... Not a good start to 2015....

absolutely amazing just got an unconditional offer to study architecture at my first choice university!!!!!

Well done. Have a mate who stuck it out for 7 years (1 year unpaid working at a practice). He now earns in a year what I earn in two.