How Are You Feeling?

epicsarah-ous

In the United States it is customary to tip. No amount of excellent service will make a poor student feel to tip me. And bar jobs here are minimum wage.

The difficulty also is I am unemployed because the bar I worked in closed down, as is the case with so many drinking establishments at the moment (feels like a new one closes its doors every week). The truth is there aren't even bar jobs going now either, and there are scores of people with bar experience now also unemployed for competition.

Yeah, I'm 1992. I understand that everyone is struggling really, and it could be a lot worse for me, but it's still pretty disheartening. It's been seven weeks, and I feel too ashamed to sign on but I might have to soon.

That sucks man. I'm sure it'll turn around. I just found a job at FedEx, I'm a student and theybpay me 15 an hour. Just hang in there.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the United States it is customary to tip. No amount of excellent service will make a poor student feel to tip me. And bar jobs here are minimum wage.

The difficulty also is I am unemployed because the bar I worked in closed down, as is the case with so many drinking establishments at the moment (feels like a new one closes its doors every week). The truth is there aren't even bar jobs going now either, and there are scores of people with bar experience now also unemployed for competition.

Yeah, I'm 1992. I understand that everyone is struggling really, and it could be a lot worse for me, but it's still pretty disheartening. It's been seven weeks, and I feel too ashamed to sign on but I might have to soon.

1993 here, the struggle is real.

It's been around 1.5 years since i've had a job, this shit is unbelievable. If i haven't had a rich father I would be starved right now. I just hope that i can get a job after i finish uni next year or else i have to start to learn how to slang some drugs :P

1993 here, the struggle is real.

It's been around 1.5 years since i've had a job, this shit is unbelievable. If i haven't had a rich father I would be starved right now. I just hope that i can get a job after i finish uni next year or else i have to start to learn how to slang some drugs :P

:blink: A year and a half?! Jeez. I guess I should stop complaining!

What are you studying? Hopefully your degree will open a few doors for you.

:blink: A year and a half?! Jeez. I guess I should stop complaining!

What are you studying? Hopefully your degree will open a few doors for you.

I'm studying MBE(Managment, bussines and economics). It won't do shit to be honest i am gonna finnish this damn uni and head straight to Germany. Weird enough, i am a German citizen but still live in this shithole.

@Roquila,@CeleryFC, you're not alone guys. The issue is more or less global. I've been unemployed for 7 months.....and I have a masters degree in engineering!

WOW , Masters degree and no job? What has happend to the world?

Ditto. I've been interviewing for more than a month now. Applied for upwards of 100 jobs. Vowed to break out of the bar industry, but its starting to feel like it's the only place that will have me.

If I wasn't for the fact I'm stuck dealing with hospital appointments with no foreseeable end for the time being I'd probably move away from this soul-destroying city.

Southampton is soul destroying? I'm living there for the next 3 years

Economy in Lebanon has really gone bad the past year or so. There are no jobs in anything, really, unless you have connections.

Tbh most of the jobs I've ever got are from who I know, and not what I know...

Economy in Lebanon has really gone bad the past year or so. There are no jobs in anything, really, unless you have connections.

How does someone with a master's degree not have connections? Surely you would have kiss the brass ring of the faculty?

Tbh most of the jobs I've ever got are from who I know, and not what I know...

I think that is fairly normal for students and undergraduates, the problem starts when people technical knowledge and university degrees are needed and are hired based on connection over competence. That is a serious problem of efficiency.

How does someone with a master's degree not have connections? Surely you would have kiss the brass ring of the faculty?

Connections in Lebanon are political which really means sectarian. Basically I have to have connections inside the political party of my sect which I don't and refuse to have, anyway. Lebanon is very effectively designed to keep sect leaders in power and in control of everything.