How Are You Feeling?

epicsarah-ous

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help.

I can't stop procrastinating.

I have a lot of work to be doing and a hell of a lot of time to do it. i have 5 weeks to do 2 assignments and revise for an exam. I have all day of everyday. I know what I have to do. Even if i managed 5 hours a day of work all of this would be done in no time and it would be a great quality. I cant do it though. Ive watched the lion king all the way through 5 times this week. Ive watched a couple of other films, ive been on thei nternet literally doing nothing. just going through the same stuff. I know what i have to do, but i literally refuse to do it.

the thing is, i need my computer to do the work, its how i have access to the library, even then, i need to write my assignment on it. I would even resort to doing it by hand, then that just gives me a case of writing it up which is a simple task, but like i said, i will ahve to use my computer for references and to make sure im not talking crap.

this is really big as well. if i mess these up i come out of university with a useless 2:2 degree, three years of my life and £15,000 spent. These are the last things i ahve to do. and keep telling myself its all ive got left, once they are done, thats it, no more work! but its not enough to keep me going.

i noticed this at the beggning of this year, and as its got on ive got worse. i just need some motivation and a kick up the arse. I literally spend my time doing nothing. i just sat on the sofa the other day for about an hour and a half in silence, just to avoid my work.

i need tips to what i can do. i know i can sit in a room with no distractions, but my computer will just be the distraction. i need some motivation. anyone who has experienced anythign similar that has any tips would be muchly appreciated.

I need help.

I have a lot of work to be doing and a hell of a lot of time to do it. i have 5 weeks to do 2 assignments and revise for an exam. I have all day of everyday. I know what I have to do. Even if i managed 5 hours a day of work all of this would be done in no time and it would be a great quality. I cant do it though. Ive watched the lion king all the way through 5 times this week. Ive watched a couple of other films, ive been on thei nternet literally doing nothing. just going through the same stuff. I know what i have to do, but i literally refuse to do it.

the thing is, i need my computer to do the work, its how i have access to the library, even then, i need to write my assignment on it. I would even resort to doing it by hand, then that just gives me a case of writing it up which is a simple task, but like i said, i will ahve to use my computer for references and to make sure im not talking crap.

this is really big as well. if i mess these up i come out of university with a useless 2:2 degree, three years of my life and £15,000 spent. These are the last things i ahve to do. and keep telling myself its all ive got left, once they are done, thats it, no more work! but its not enough to keep me going.

i noticed this at the beggning of this year, and as its got on ive got worse. i just need some motivation and a kick up the arse. I literally spend my time doing nothing. i just sat on the sofa the other day for about an hour and a half in silence, just to avoid my work.

i need tips to what i can do. i know i can sit in a room with no distractions, but my computer will just be the distraction. i need some motivation. anyone who has experienced anythign similar that has any tips would be muchly appreciated.

I've only got experience with lots to do in a tight schedule but number one thing is just to start doing it, stop daydreaming and start typing in the lines - in no time you will be succumbed in the work. It might be hard to do but it's a great way to test your self discipline and motivating yourself - things you can't learn from books but are very, very important in your future life. And like you said it dumps, if you fuck this up you have dug yourself a hole by yourself so get cracking. Yard by yard - life is hard, inch by inch it's a cinch.

I've been studying for different tests for months now without rest and I refuse to give in to the pressure. The harder the better, bring it. Try to adapt the same mentality and I know you're hardcore in training, be hardcore in mental strength.

I need help.

SinineUltra is right. I often find myself procrastinating but if I start doing the work, i get sucked into it. Also, try and cut down your distractions if it is possible. I clear my laptop of Movies and TV Shows before exams so as to not get distracted.

I need help.

This happens to me all the time. The thing is, if you try to do your work while doing other stuff, you'll never do it in time. You have to set for example a couple of hours in the morning and a couple in the evening just for your work. During this time, turn off your TV, the music, TC and everything not work related on the internet and even your phone. Every time you see yourself trying to turn one of those things back on, just slap yourself and continue your work.

Just found out my uncle died. Distraught. I can't think of a month in the past year where someone I cared about hasn't died.

Terrifying.

Kieran mate, I am so sorry to hear. Two of my best mates both lost an aunt and and uncle in the same week and have both been really down. Hope you're doing ok and if you need anything let me know!

I AM FEELING VERY ANGRY!

I WAS ONLY ABLE TO BUY 9 OF THE 15 TICKETS I NEEDED FOR ROCK IN RIO, I SPENT 2 HOURS HITTING F5!

I WILL PUNCH SOMEONE, MAYBE MY STUPID BROTHER ONCE HE GETS BACK FROM SCHOOL!

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Lonely and rather sad

Why? :cry:

Homesick, well, sort of. I miss my parents. My dad is not well and I only see them once a year. Plus I am sad that we have been in China for almost two years and have only had two people visit (one was here on business so it was as if she came to see us) and the other was a former student of mine. I guess I am feeling a little jealous since my friends (who are from Europe or Australia) have people visiting all the time. My family and friends don't even pretend like they want to come, they just ask if I will drive or fly to see them when I come back to the US. As if my time means nothing and I have all the money in the world (flying within the US is expensive!) I just don't get why they expect me to wear myself out in the month I am back when they have no interest in me the other 11 months of the year. Yes, I know I sound like a petulant child, but for 2 years I have kept a smile on my face and told everyone it did not matter...well, I lied!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Homesick, well, sort of. I miss my parents. My dad is not well and I only see them once a year. Plus I am sad that we have been in China for almost two years and have only had two people visit (one was here on business so it was as if she came to see us) and the other was a former student of mine. I guess I am feeling a little jealous since my friends (who are from Europe or Australia) have people visiting all the time. My family and friends don't even pretend like they want to come, they just ask if I will drive or fly to see them when I come back to the US. As if my time means nothing and I have all the money in the world (flying within the US is expensive!) I just don't get why they expect me to wear myself out in the month I am back when they have no interest in me the other 11 months of the year. Yes, I know I sound like a petulant child, but for 2 years I have kept a smile on my face and told everyone it did not matter...well, I lied!

That is sad! :(

Well, how long will you have to stay there? China is not that bad (according to my parents), it is a great vibrant place. People just get caught up in the bad propaganda other countries make. If you explain how good it is there, dont you think some family members will get interested in paying you a visit?

Can't you try to travel to see your dad by yourself, a week or so?

I hope everything ends up more than fine Kerry! :D

Feeling good. Last 2 weeks my team that I play for (as bad as we are hahahaha) have had 3 games and with the summer league coming up soon I'm feeling good as you cannot beat a bit of sun and football :D

Dude, do you live where you say you live? Wick?

This is close to Santa Claus mate, how cold does it get? How can you play football with negative temperature?

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9: