How Are You Feeling?

epicsarah-ous

Got 3 Advanced Placement Exams coming up in May, and wishing somebody could save me!

Got them in: AP Physics AB, AP Calculus AB, and AP Macro-economics.

Scores based on College credits so they range from 1(worst) to 5(exceptional).

Got a 4 on practice tests on both Macro and Calc which is great, but im pushing for that 5 on Macro-economics and hopefully, just hopefully in Calc also.

But Physics looks like a lost cause man, it just hasnt worked out at all! But with pressure from my parents i gotta somehow pull out a 3 (average).

I've never been this stressed/anxious in my life.

After these tests im finna collapse cuz next year in all likelihood i'll be takin 4 AP classes as a Junior in highschool.......... :fainthv9:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 3 Advanced Placement Exams coming up in May, and wishing somebody could save me!

Got a 4 on practice tests on both Macro and Calc which is great, but im pushing for that 5 on Macro-economics and hopefully, just hopefully in Calc also.

But Physics looks like a lost cause man, it just hasnt worked out at all! But with pressure from my parents i gotta somehow pull out a 3 (average).

After these tests im finna collapse cuz next year in all likelihood i'll be takin 4 AP classes as a Junior in highschool.......... :fainthv9:

I am taking the SATs to see if I can transfer to an USA University! :P

Good luck mate, wish you all the best! :)

AP's overrated. I took Calc AB exam last year and got a 5, but I retook Differential Calculus at UBC anyway like most other people who'd done AP, which I think was a good decision. It doesn't really make sense to not do any math at all for an entire term, and AP's really a dumbed-down version of university first year stuff, so you actually miss out on a few things. I don't know what your plans are, but try not to stress yourself over that stuff because you'll probably have to redo it in the future anyways. By the way, if you're entering high school next year, that means you're in grade 9 or 10, doesn't it? That's really early for AP.

AP's overrated. I took Calc AB exam last year and got a 5, but I retook Differential Calculus at UBC anyway like most other people who'd done AP, which I think was a good decision. It doesn't really make sense to not do any math at all for an entire term, and AP's really a dumbed-down version of university first year stuff, so you actually miss out on a few things. I don't know what your plans are, but try not to stress yourself over that stuff because you'll probably have to redo it in the future anyways. By the way, if you're entering high school next year, that means you're in grade 9 or 10, doesn't it? That's really early for AP.

Blue-- good luck! The best thing you can do is get a good nights sleep the night before the exam and eat a healthy breakfast. Cramming at the last minute does not help.

Don't wait too long to take your SAT and Don't weigh yourself down with AP classes that will only add stress. 4 AP classes is a lot and not necessarily beneficial. You might be better off dropping one in favor of picking up an extracurricular service club that will look better on your college application.

NMR: he still needs to do well on the exams or it will look like he did not try or his grade in the class is not representative of his knowledge. I agree with you on the AP being overrated for Maths and science. Students who will major in those topics will need to take the college level majors courses anyway. Those who won't however might save themselves from having to take some math and science.

Btw he is a sophomore in high school meaning the 10th grade or year 11 in the UK system. He will graduate in May or June of 2015 and then to University.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am taking the SATs to see if I can transfer to an USA University! :P

Good luck mate, wish you all the best! :)

Best of luck!

you know what, as i may or may have not said, After a break up i find one of the damn best things to do is absolutely treat yourself, go to town or whatever buy that shirt you always wanted or anything like that, try a new food, or hell go learning up that damn subject you always wanted to do, I'm pretty over the "things not what used to be" thing and you know what i wanna conduct fandom studies, i will say here i am a scaley wishing for peace with bronies and all that, so i wish to sorta learn a lot bout all the sides, and definately put one in for peace :D, stuff like that are hell of a lot better than being heartbroken about it

As i saw a saying, the past is a place of reference, not residence.

@Naked Mole Rat, yeah Blues-Chick was right about my age and grade. And also yeah understand that APs are first year college work and dumbed down, UCLA did a study where they took all the people who took a 4/5 on AP Calc and gave them their own version of the test and more than half of the kids failed so Colleges are starting to become more strict in terms of accepting College credits earned through APs.

But however next year im going to be taking AP Calc BC and then senior Level Multi-variable Calc, so i'll have been 2 years above my grade level in maths and colleges will surely notice that and give more props than say a senior who took calculus (which is the norm). Also im specializing in Business so next year is AP micro-economics so i feel i put my self in a good position to stand out.

@BluesChick, agreed (with the 4 APs being a bit much). I have/(want) to take a third year of Mandarin (looks good for colleges) so i may end up taking only 3. But what i really really need to do is bump up my after school activities (sports and volunteering). My grades aren't any-where near spectactular (but not bad) just B's across the board so i hope dropping the AP and doing those volunteering/sports can get me over the hump as well as great SAT scores.....just got to wait and see. :D

@Naked Mole Rat, yeah Blues-Chick was right about my age and grade. And also yeah understand that APs are first year college work and dumbed down, UCLA did a study where they took all the people who took a 4/5 on AP Calc and gave them their own version of the test and more than half of the kids failed so Colleges are starting to become more strict in terms of accepting College credits earned through APs.

But however next year im going to be taking AP Calc BC and then senior Level Multi-variable Calc, so i'll have been 2 years above my grade level in maths and colleges will surely notice that and give more props than say a senior who took calculus (which is the norm). Also im specializing in Business so next year is AP micro-economics so i feel i put my self in a good position to stand out.

@BluesChick, agreed (with the 4 APs being a bit much). I have/(want) to take a third year of Mandarin (looks good for colleges) so i may end up taking only 3. But what i really really need to do is bump up my after school activities (sports and volunteering). My grades aren't any-where near spectactular (but not bad) just B's across the board so i hope dropping the AP and doing those volunteering/sports can get me over the hump as well as great SAT scores.....just got to wait and see. :D

Although we are American, I teach and my kids are in a British school so I am used to talking about education in both US and UK terms at the same time. :)

Given the upper level classes you are taking the B's will look better than a kid with lower level classes and all A's. filling out the picture by being active in sports and volunteering makes you look more well rounded and able to adjust to college life. Those straight A bookworm kids can struggle in college because their social skills are lacking. I would also continue with the Mandarin, 4 years of a language looks good and gives more depth to your schedule.

My son (also year 11 or 10th grade) will not be doing any AP courses because he is at a British school. He is taking his iGCSE exams over the next month, then he will begin his pre-IB program; Interlochen Fine Arts Camp for Visual arts in the summer, and then he will start his IB program in the fall. He is bummed because he wanted to take two sciences and math at the higher level so he had to give up art. But, he can take classes out side of school to help fill his CAS requirement. He also plans to get his gold level international award (used to be the Duke of Edinburgh Award) next year.

Anyone ideas about a constant feeling of fatigue, headache and lack of energy/laziness? Organically I am perfectly fit, doc was unable to find anything unusual, but I am carrying this lack of engine for months now...

Anyone ideas about a constant feeling of fatigue, headache and lack of energy/laziness? Organically I am perfectly fit, doc was unable to find anything unusual, but I am carrying this lack of engine for months now...

How are you sleeping? As that could be an explanation if you are constantly not getting enough sleep...

Just a guess, i am in no way any sort of medical person lol.

How are you sleeping? As that could be an explanation if you are constantly not getting enough sleep...

Just a guess, i am in no way any sort of medical person lol.

yup. I am defo getting enough sleep. at least 9 hours daily, often more. My guess is, that my sleep quality is shit, cos I usually fall from the desktop into my bed, but usually this should not cuase such problems.