Mario Gómez

LDN Blue

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take a good finisher above someone that misses easy chances but improves the team's overall play.

Gomez is an old fashion centre-forward, his technical ability is limited but he'll get you goals.

Cavani should be our #1 priority...but Gomez for 15-20 mil isn't a bad option.

There is a reason why he went from being Bayern's No.1 ST that scored 41 goals in 52 appearances in 11/12 season to being a second choice ST behind Mandzukic last season.

There is a reason why he went from being Bayern's No.1 ST that scored 41 goals in 52 appearances in 11/12 season to being a second choice ST behind Mandzukic last season.

Yeh there is a reason...and as a second choice ST...he played 18 games (21 as substitute)...still managed to score 23 goals this season.

As I said, Cavani should be #1 priority..but Gomez isn't a bad option.

For something like 15-20 mil, it would be interesting to see how Jose uses him...

• 3 weeks later...

According to BILD, Fiorentina and Bayern have reached an agreement for Mario Gomez. Thee fee according to them is 20 m euros (16 m directly and 4 in the next years)

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario-gomez/transfer-zum-ac-florenz-perfekt-31082962.bild.html

PS: His agent and the press spokesman of Bayern confirmed the deal.

Gomez has officially joined Fiorentina, as confirmed by Bayern.

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2013/43542.php

Google Translate...

Bayern have agreed in principle with the Fiorentina to a transfer of its players Mario Gomez. On Monday met Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, CEO of FCB, an appropriate consultation with the President of Fiorentina, Andrea Della Valle. In the coming days, the contracts will be finalized and signed. "It was the desire of Mario Gomez to leave Bayern Munich to Florence. We have his wish is now fulfilled, "said Rummenigge.

Gomez was changed from VfB Stuttgart to Bayern in 2009 and has scored in the next four years in 172 games 112 goals for the German record champions. "He has thus made a major contribution to two German championships and two DFB Pokal victories. The highlight was of course the Champions League victory and winning the triples in the last season, "said Rummenigge about the Bundesliga top scorer in 2011.

Rummenigge added: "I would like him for his performance, he has brought for Bayern, thank you. On behalf of Bayern, I wish him luck and success in Florence! "

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You