Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Guest justin_3d

Ill copy and paste the article i read a few weeks ago Carlo should stay for me not only has he only been in the job 2 years and has done fantastically Who is there better that is also available? Jose is not coming back – sorry to burst the dream, but he won't leave Madrid until he has won La Liga and that wont be happening this year. Furthermore, do you honestly think Roman will admit he was wrong and say 'there you are, Jose: unlimited funds you take control?'There's more of chance of Patrick Vieira and Roy Keane getting a civil partnership.

Also I think its fair to say we can kiss goodbye to any hope of seeing some of our Youth Cup players breaking through to our first team any time soon. McEachran will be the only one that would even get a sniff if Mourinho came back. You can bet that the rest will be gone for the good of their careers. You can say what you want about Carlo with the youth set-up, but he has at least given them more chances than any other manager weve had since Vialli.

Hiddink isn't the answer either. Yes, he did do well during his brief reign, but remember it was merely four months. That's the equvilent of a rich vein of form; and if he was Superman then why are Turkey struggling, and why did Russia fail to reach the World Cup? Granted it was all good under Guus because everything was going our way, but if things start to go against us, how do you know he won't be walking around wondering what to do.

I think its pretty fair to say his job was made easier because of the fact he came after Scolari, and most of the players were just happy a new face was in. I would have liked to see how he would have fared if he came in straight after José – I love Guus and he is a great man, but if you think he will come back in and have us ruling English football you are sadly mistaken. You can also add that to the fact he has said he doesn't want to go back to club football management either.

Who else is there around? Rafa Benitez?! We do this we will be out of the top four, playing on Channel 5 at best, and he will leave us with a squad full of expensive flops. People say Jose is about the here and now, but name me one thing Rafa did at Liverpool that was building towards the future? That being said, with Roman's obsession with the European Cup and Rafa delivering it to Merseyside in 2005, I honestly wouldn't put it past Roman to make a attempt to get him. Perhaps then all the Carlo bashers will suddenly realize that one average season (where we can still finish second) isn't actually that bad after all.

Who else then? Lippi? He is in his twilight years we will get 3-4 years as manager before he moves on. Rijkaard? Please, he got a dutch club relegated. Van Basten? Well, he got sacked from Ajax for failing to qualify for the CL. Pep Guardiola? He has one of the best ever teams at his disposal, fair play for making the best out of them but if we comes here he will have to build a team and his transfer record leaves a lot to be desired. Zola or di Matteo? Sorry but no, legends as players but that doesn't qualify them as great managers as well.

Villas Boaz seems the only realistic option if the unthinkable happens this summer – but considering his commitment to Porto, wrestling him away will be an expensive option. So basically the only realistic target is Benitez and if Carlo leaves I would not put it past Roman to appoint him (because of his CL record) – and do you really want that?

Basic rules with football management… you need…

• 1st year – to assess the situation (which Carlo did, winning a Double with players that weren't even 'his').
  • 2nd year – to make changes (again, something Carlo has done and in the long run the players he has brought in will have a positive effect on the team).
  • 3rd year – to really stamp your authority.

At least give him that year to do that and see where it takes us. As far as I'm concerned this has just been '2nd season syndrome' for Carlo and despite all our troubles we could still end the season in 2nd place despite a couple of months ago looking in danger of dropping out of the top four. Yet Carlo has still helped to turn our fortunes around when things were going against us.

Could you imagine Rafa doing that? Because if Carlo leaves, his face in the hotseat is a real possibility. So for those who want Carlo out, be very careful what you wish for…

Great article there men.

The only potential target Chelsea should aim after Carlo are Pep, Villa-Boas and Marcelo Bielsa.

Out of these 3 only Bielsa is free. But would Bielsa fancy a job where he works with Roman? Absolutely not!

So that leaves Pep and Villa-Boas. It's a toss up between them 2, but i don't see them coming this summer. Maybe next season or after 2 years.

It is why i don't see a better option out there other then Carlo. Carlo must continue, simple as that.

And if Roman and the board realize this, they will keep Carlo for the immediate term. Heck you can even do exactly what Pep does, just get some small extension on the contract.

So let Carlo do one more season, and if he does good, just do an extension for one more year, and on and on, till he decides to leave or we can get Pep/Villa-Boas.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

...Bielsa?...Who?

ANY manager that would join us will at least have to have experience in both CL and european leagues. This also rules out Villas-Boas i'd imagine (for the time being anyway).

Will have to wait at least till next season to judge how well he does, then.

And Bielsa is one of the best coach in the world. Better then Mourinho and Carlo himself.

So that means a no for Boas then cause he has no experience in the CL?

Will have to wait at least till next season to judge how well he does, then.

And Bielsa is one of the best coach in the world. Better then Mourinho and Carlo himself.

Exactly. I'm expecting Villas-Boas to stay with Porto for at least another season.

Well that's your opinion, and as much as I respect that, until he has managed a major club in Europe and experienced CL games, he would not even be on Roman's radar.

Guest justin_3d

Exactly. I'm expecting Villas-Boas to stay with Porto for at least another season.

Well that's your opinion, and as much as I respect that, until he has managed a club in Europe and experienced CL games, he would not even be on Roman's radar.

Exactly why Bielsa won't come, and Boas nor Pep will be available in the summer.

It will be stupid from Roman and the board to fire Carlo and get a lesser coach.

No better then these 3 right now.

The most logival decision that could be made, by Roman and the board, would be t give Carl his final year on his contract and then wait and see the overall conclusion. I cannot see how a manager can make his own mark on a team that has relied upon the same back-bone for nearly half a decade in less thena season. We have signed players that looks set on having magical careers at Stamford Bridge - David Luiz, Sturridge, Ramires - and have some talented youngsters waiting in the wings,

We still have three or four that could be sold in order to garner more possible legends, but this is all about time. We are in a transition, and even though, yes Carlo has made mistakes over the course of the season, so has Roman, the sacking of Ray is one example and the reluctance to offer Borini a new contract will be another if it isn't shaped up.

Give Carlo another year, if you want his head, and then we can see this supposed 'Jose mark two' in the Champions League and see who is available then. At this point in time, i am only lookig forward to the last remaining games and the possibility in seeing the youth playing with the first team in pre-season like last year - which, since when last happened with our previous managers?

Guest justin_3d

Bielsa the "next scolari"

Big disrespect.

I hope he does comes to a European team. Most likely it will be in Spain, and i hope it's a team that has potential.

P.S. I heard a rumor that Sevilla wants to get him. Let's see how that goes.

Big disrespect.

I hope he does comes to a European team. Most likely it will be in Spain, and i hope it's a team that has potential.

P.S. I heard a rumor that Sevilla wants to get him. Let's see how that goes.

even in South America Bielsea is considered an average coach, I still dont get why you you think he would do good for us.

Guest justin_3d

even in South America Bielsea is considered an average coach, I still dont get why you you think he would do good for us.

No you are wrong.

Maybe in Brazil, but other then that, the majority of other countries see Bielsa is one of the best in the world.

Hopefully we will see him soon coaching a team in Europe.

Ancelotti's last game at Stamford Bridge ?

'I don’t know what is going to happen about my future, but I’m not nervous. I’m quiet. I’m calm. I hope to stay - I’ve said a lot of times - but if something’s changed, I will find another solution without problem.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1386783/Carlo-Ancelotti-says-game-Stamford-Bridge-thank-yous-goodbyes.html#ixzz1MFXltrXj

No you are wrong.

Maybe in Brazil, but other then that, the majority of other countries see Bielsa is one of the best in the world.

Hopefully we will see him soon coaching a team in Europe.

how are you so sure about that ?

Guest justin_3d

Ancelotti's last game at Stamford Bridge ?

'I don't know what is going to happen about my future, but I'm not nervous. I'm quiet. I'm calm. I hope to stay - I've said a lot of times - but if something's changed, I will find another solution without problem.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1MFXltrXj

how are you so sure about that ?

Sevilla is talking to Bielsa, and trying to get him to coach them.

But Bielsa, is not called, "Mad Men" for no reason.

He is also putting some demands before being accepted.

And the majority, because i talked to a lot of fans from Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, and Venezuela, and almost all of them have told me that Bielsa is a great coach, and would like to see him coach at a team like Chelsea or City.

Big disrespect.

Argentina had the mist disastrous world cup campaign under him. Prio to that he was always an average coach and Argentina stint didn't do him any good. His only decent managerial stint was with chile. That's it.

Atleast scolari had great stints as international manager but struggled with week after week of management something I won't rule out with an average manager like bielsa

Guest justin_3d

Argentina had the mist disastrous world cup campaign under him. Prio to that he was always an average coach and Argentina stint didn't do him any good. His only decent managerial stint was with chile. That's it.

Atleast scolari had great stints as international manager but struggled with week after week of management something I won't rule out with an average manager like bielsa

Bad world cup, but not a bad qualifier!

The best team in south america from the qualifier, and one of the best in the world.

Ironically, Scolari won the WC with his team....

Irony here, but you can't take away the brilliant campaign he did with Argentina for over a 4 year period. And then to do the same with Chile. Especially Chile, because it's not a Argentina or Brazil team. It was a team that was dead last in the WC south American qualifier.

Very few can do such a thing.

Guest justin_3d

Has any-one got a profile of this Bielsa beacuse i aint got a clue who he is?

I posted articles about him in this post pages back. Won't do the same thing again.