Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

André Villas Boas to stay as Porto coach

• 'My future is completely linked to Porto,' says Portuguese

• Interest reported from Chelsea, Liverpool, Juve and Roma

http://www.guardian....llas-boas-porto

Oh well i guess we shall continue with Carlo.

No better candidate out there, unless Roman wants to go for Guardiola, or Van Basten....

Guest justin_3d

He's only 33 anyway, no rush.

let's see how he does in the CL with Porto next season.

:chai:

I think i can agree on that.

But with Guardiola having won another Liga, and maybe soon another CL, you think the man might look for a new challenge?

Perhaps those rumors about Roman might come true?

Firstly, the team that won 3 Titles and Champions League under Fergie was smashed by us 3-0 at Bridge the day we won the title for second time, and ended their 3rd season without the title. Did they sack Fergie? NO.

Secondly, the team which we beat last season at OT to win the Title is the same team that beat us this season. Did they fire Fergie? NO. and now they are even in Champions League Final. Obviously, if you ask Man Utd fans about those performances they would tell you there was no drive, professionalism, or work ethic on pitch and Fergie has gone soft with age. But when he comes back years after years and wins things they all shut up. All is forgotten.

Thirdly, it wasnt just us who looked like zombies for whole season. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal all three have had their worst season this season after a long time.

We MUST have patience. The Squad will have highs and lows like a player's form.

And I dont get the W---K fest on Guus. He hasnt managed us for one entire season. He managed us for 11 games and we were good. If you look at Ancelotti's first 11 games or even Scolari's first 10-12 games, you will see a similar trend. Also, before someone tells me that he reinvigorated the team after Scolari, I would say, Players raise their game for a new manager to earn the starting place since everyone has a clean slate with a new manager at helm and hence you see the top form during the beginning of Guus stint, Scolari Stint and Ancelotti Stint or even Grant's stint.

WE MUST follow the model of the most successful side in Premier League and give our manager confidence and time to win things and not try to be a JOKE of a club like Real Madrid who fire manager at whim, not to mention we already are a joke of a club but we can save ourself from being the laughing stock of the summer again.

Firstly, the team that won 3 Titles and Champions League under Fergie was smashed by us 3-0 at Bridge the day we won the title for second time, and ended their 3rd season without the title. Did they sack Fergie? NO.

Secondly, the team which we beat last season at OT to win the Title is the same team that beat us this season. Did they fire Fergie? NO. and now they are even in Champions League Final. Obviously, if you ask Man Utd fans about those performances they would tell you there was no drive, professionalism, or work ethic on pitch and Fergie has gone soft with age. But when he comes back years after years and wins things they all shut up. All is forgotten.

Thirdly, it wasnt just us who looked like zombies for whole season. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal all three have had their worst season this season after a long time.

And I dont get the W---K fest on Guus. He hasnt managed us for one entire season. He managed us for 11 games and we were good. If you look at Ancelotti's first 11 games or even Scolari's first 10-12 games, you will see a similar trend. Also, before someone tells me that he reinvigorated the team after Scolari, I would say, Players raise their game for a new manager to earn the starting place since everyone has a clean slate with a new manager at helm and hence you see the top form during the beginning of Guus stint, Scolari Stint and Ancelotti Stint or even Grant's stint.

WE MUST follow the model of the most successful side in Premier League and give our manager confidence and time to win things and not try to be a JOKE of a club like Real Madrid who fire manager at whim, not to mention we already are a joke of a club but we can save ourself from being the laughing stock of the summer again.

Exactly, buddy +1

Sacking managers will only confuse the fans and players, because after every dip in form it's always the managers who gets all the blame on then, not the players. And so is it in our club - Ancelotti here, Ancelotti there, but what we fail to realise that he has been a top manager since arriving, full of professionalism, dignity. Let's not forget that he has had a tough season aswell, he lost his dad 30th September but he came out with guns blazing. When you look at statistics, he has winning percentage of 62.62%, that is the best ratio he has ever had managing a club. We can't be best every year, heck, we cant be best every other year but stability and patience will go a long way, not rash decisions made on assumptions. In the end of the day, assumption is mother of all fuck-ups.

I firmly believe that we have a great manager at our disposal who might not have won over all of the fans but you know, this isn't a dictatorship where everyone agrees to eachother. That being said, I hope the board gets the bigger picture and backs him , because Carlo surely has the full support of the players. Rome was not built in a day...

emo3.gif

NOW youve come back ..don't bugger off again ,,we need posts from you ..real Warne leg breaks and wrong unsblue%20scalf.gif

Great Post !

Changing managers every time we don’t have a fantastic season is not the way forward we need stability , we won’t win the league every year no one does. I think the issue maybe the fixation with winning the champions league , i think Roman feels until he finds a manager to win us the CL he won’t settle with one manager...

i agree with the majority of what you say Warne..we need stability,we need Roman to stop thinking the Real Madrid way of doing things is the way to get what he really craves.

i think everyone will agree that we are heading towards a crossroad in the history of the club though where some tough ruthless decisions are gonna have to be made on the careers of some of our legends and that is where i who am more in the Pro-Carlo camp than out of it, am concerned with what Carlo can give us going forward..maybe because he thinks/knows he`s already gone at the end of the season he just made the everything is fine with the squad remarks out of politeness,class of the guy etc...but if what he said was what he really thinks then coupled with his tactical short comings...i wouldn`t say sack him instantly but i would definately start looking at alternatives.

Guest justin_3d

Chelsea captain John Terry backs manager Carlo Ancelotti to stay

• Terry defends Ancelotti after season without a trophy

• Says loss of Ballack, Deco and Cole left squad too weak

Carlo-Ancelotti-007.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti has the backing of Chelsea's captain, John Terry, despite a trophy-less season. Photograph: Getty Images

The Chelsea captain, John Terry, has spoken out in defence of Carlo Ancelotti amid growing speculation over the manager's future.

Chelsea are expected to make a decision on Ancelotti's position in the next fortnight, following a season in which the club have failed to win a trophy.

Terry said he is hopeful that the Italian, who won the Premier League and FA Cup double in his first season in charge, will remain to at least see out the last season of his three-year deal.

"He's got my full support. I love Carlo," Terry told the Sun. "He won the double in his first year and this season the injuries and releasing players has been tough for him."

Chelsea released Michael Ballack, Deco, Joe Cole, Juliano Belletti while Ricardo Carvalho left for Real Madrid last summer and Terry believes their departures left the club short on numbers.

"When José Mourinho was here we had a big squad but we miss that. Somewhere in between where we are, and what we had, would be ideal," Terry added.

guardian.co.uk

Guest justin_3d

Quotes from the report Liverpool gave after Kenny signed a 3 year contract with the team:

"I also want to pay tribute to Steve Clarke's input since we started working together as he has brought great experience and knowledge to the role. The players enjoy the training sessions, understand their relevance to our actual football games and have responded brilliantly."

"I'm also pleased we have reached an agreement with Steve Clarke, as his contribution to Kenny's backroom team has been significant over the past four months."

Liverpool got Clarke and Kenny, and are doing good. Notice how much praise the assistant manager also gets. How he helped the team as well.

A certain Ray Wilkings was like that to Chelsea last season, till we fire him. And then everything went down, and it's all Carlo fault.....

Ill copy and paste the article i made a few weeks ago Carlo should stay for me not only has he only been in the job 2 years and has done fantastically Who is there better that is also available? Jose is not coming back – sorry to burst the dream, but he won't leave Madrid until he has won La Liga and that wont be happening this year. Furthermore, do you honestly think Roman will admit he was wrong and say 'there you are, Jose: unlimited funds you take control?'There's more of chance of Patrick Vieira and Roy Keane getting a civil partnership.

Also I think its fair to say we can kiss goodbye to any hope of seeing some of our Youth Cup players breaking through to our first team any time soon. McEachran will be the only one that would even get a sniff if Mourinho came back. You can bet that the rest will be gone for the good of their careers. You can say what you want about Carlo with the youth set-up, but he has at least given them more chances than any other manager weve had since Vialli.

Hiddink isn't the answer either. Yes, he did do well during his brief reign, but remember it was merely four months. That's the equvilent of a rich vein of form; and if he was Superman then why are Turkey struggling, and why did Russia fail to reach the World Cup? Granted it was all good under Guus because everything was going our way, but if things start to go against us, how do you know he won't be walking around wondering what to do.

I think its pretty fair to say his job was made easier because of the fact he came after Scolari, and most of the players were just happy a new face was in. I would have liked to see how he would have fared if he came in straight after José – I love Guus and he is a great man, but if you think he will come back in and have us ruling English football you are sadly mistaken. You can also add that to the fact he has said he doesn't want to go back to club football management either.

Who else is there around? Rafa Benitez?! We do this we will be out of the top four, playing on Channel 5 at best, and he will leave us with a squad full of expensive flops. People say Jose is about the here and now, but name me one thing Rafa did at Liverpool that was building towards the future? That being said, with Roman's obsession with the European Cup and Rafa delivering it to Merseyside in 2005, I honestly wouldn't put it past Roman to make a attempt to get him. Perhaps then all the Carlo bashers will suddenly realize that one average season (where we can still finish second) isn't actually that bad after all.

Who else then? Lippi? He is in his twilight years we will get 3-4 years as manager before he moves on. Rijkaard? Please, he got a dutch club relegated. Van Basten? Well, he got sacked from Ajax for failing to qualify for the CL. Pep Guardiola? He has one of the best ever teams at his disposal, fair play for making the best out of them but if we comes here he will have to build a team and his transfer record leaves a lot to be desired. Zola or di Matteo? Sorry but no, legends as players but that doesn't qualify them as great managers as well.

Villas Boaz seems the only realistic option if the unthinkable happens this summer – but considering his commitment to Porto, wrestling him away will be an expensive option. So basically the only realistic target is Benitez and if Carlo leaves I would not put it past Roman to appoint him (because of his CL record) – and do you really want that?

Basic rules with football management… you need…

• 1st year – to assess the situation (which Carlo did, winning a Double with players that weren't even 'his').
  • 2nd year – to make changes (again, something Carlo has done and in the long run the players he has brought in will have a positive effect on the team).
  • 3rd year – to really stamp your authority.

At least give him that year to do that and see where it takes us. As far as I'm concerned this has just been '2nd season syndrome' for Carlo and despite all our troubles we could still end the season in 2nd place despite a couple of months ago looking in danger of dropping out of the top four. Yet Carlo has still helped to turn our fortunes around when things were going against us.

Could you imagine Rafa doing that? Because if Carlo leaves, his face in the hotseat is a real possibility. So for those who want Carlo out, be very careful what you wish for…