Edinson Cavani

CFC58

You are right that this whole comparison is very subjective. However, one could point to what they do internationally.

By mere observation, Cavani seems like a far more determined player, with much higher workrate, which results in higher consistency (my biggest problem with Rooney) and his better international record. Rooney vanishes from matches, whereas Cavani performs more consistently, for club and country.

I disagree that Rooney hasn't lost pace; I think he as and it shows. He looks heavier too.

Cavani isn't anywhere near as effective for his country as he is for his club, just like Rooney.

Cavani isn't anywhere near as effective for his country as he is for his club, just like Rooney.

Well, that's not what I see with my own eyes, especially after his storming Conf Cup participation. Besides, Cavani does NOT play as striker for Uruguay; he plays on the right wing because Suarez plays centralized. So, it depends how you define effective. For me Rooney has been absolutely terrible for country.

BTW, Uruguay are the current Copa America champions.

Lol if you think it's over.

We have paid the release clause as well several times according to sources. No reason to believe this is true.

Right. I'm going to have a hard time believing this is settled until he's up on one of the clubs sites.

Cavani has heart set on move to Mourinho's Chelsea

Edinson Cavani has set his heart on a dream move to the Premier League and wants to join Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, Goal understands.

Having fulfilled his Confederations Cup commitments with Uruguay the Napoli striker is now seeking urgent talks with the Serie A club’s owner Aurelio De Laurentiis, who is intent on receiving the player’s 63 million release clause in full.

Manchester City, Real Madrid and Paris Saint Germain are all competing with Chelsea for the 26-year-old’s services, but the allure of spearheading Mourinho’s strike force at Stamford Bridge is understood to have swayed Cavani, who has spoken of his desire to play in the Premier League on a number of occasions.

"Although Edinson loves Real Madrid, he feels that his style would fit the Premier League much better, and Chelsea are the only chance he has of playing there," a source close to the player revealed to Goal.

“Edinson has already instructed Napoli that he wants to leave and is hopeful that his situation can be resolved as soon as possible.”

Both Manchester City and Real Madrid, whom Cavani claimed it would be “a dream” to play for, have refused to be drawn into a bidding war for the player while, as reported by Goal last month, Chelsea’s 40m plus Fernando Torres offer was firmly rejected.

Chelsea have remained in negotiations with Napoli, however, and will be encouraged by Cavani’s desire to become an integral part of Mourinho’s second coming at Stamford Bridge where he would be an automatic first choice start ahead of the disaffected Torres, youngster Romelu Lukaku and Rafa Benitez’s only major signing Demba Ba.

According to De Laurentiis, Real Madrid have also made a formal offer for the player who has scored 29 league goals last season, while City have cooled their interest having refused to meet the buyout clause and are actively pursuing alternative targets, including Sevilla’s Alvaro Negredo.

Paris Saint Germain’s desire to make Cavani their headline summer signing remains strong after they met with his representatives in January and on Tuesday were reported to have submitted a €50m bid.

Chelsea have paid the release clause, when ?

Not a chance.

Play Lukaku & that´s it.

Saved money = buy other players.

Exactly. But it has been reported several times, by similar sources. Just read the last 80 pages of this thread. According to most place we had signed him several times in the last month. Its all bullshit until a relieable source says otherwise.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You