Edinson Cavani

CFC58

There are still buterflies in my belly, when I hear him and see this thread bumped. Open it, saw City rumours and I still can't believe it could happen. I don't know if Tancredi is right, but I assure you De Laurentis is one stubborn man. Italians are mainly like that. I don't know , but I doubt City want to spend a new 400 milion on a squad, when they have such great players now. If the rumours about Pellegrini are true, then Aguero and Tevez will be kept. I still have that dodgy feeling that they are gonna sign another striker , that would cost them cheaper or just use Guidetti. He has trillion tons of potential. Apart from that, I don't see why we can't sign him. If Cavani is wanted, we may beat City. Because every damn person that has 3 squares of football knowledge knows that Chelsea need a goal-scoring striker, much more than Manchester City. A part from that Cavani will have Mata , Hazard , Oscar or KDB or Moses, behind his back. Come on? 33 asissts to Mata, you can't say he couldn't be that interested. I still think if there is a bid from us, he will gladly consider it. Remember his interview , where he said that if he has the opportunity, to choose a team it would be Juventus or us, and that was in his Palermo days, when I think we were searching for a Drogba replacement, but never had contacted his agent.

I take it that's a disagreement??

Remember when Lewandowski completely ripped Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid apart in Dortmund with 4 goals... kinda similar to when Didier Drogba for Marseille scored against Mourinho's Porto side some 9 years ago... consider it an omen! Mourinho brought him in at Chelsea, and look what Drogba achieved! That's the way I'm looking at the whole thing!

Lewandowski is good, but not better than both combined.

Cavani is the better striker out of the three for me. Then Falcao, then Lewandowski - but I'd have Lewy over Falcao simply because he's a bit more complete.

he's not the only one out there, and for the money he costs.. na, you're alright

there arent many out there. falcao looking to go to monaco, lewandowski wont come here. which players are left?

Even if none of these 3 deals happen we still have Lukaku and under Mourinho I could see him net 20+ PL goals this coming season. However a defensive midfielder is DEFINITELY needed.

Missing out on Cavani, Falcao, Lewandowski makes Mario Gomez rather likely suddenly. Apart from Gomez's lack of class, we would be stuck with 3 (4 when we bring back romelu) rather similar types of strikers. All are more than 6ft tall relying of physical attributes and are rather inconsistant esp concerning finishes. I'd rather have Lukaku+ s.o. like Iago aspas

I agree. When you see us play, we don't really even play with a striker. That is why it is so difficult for Ba and Torres, because they have had to adapt their play to an incredible extent. This team has always focused around the attacking midfield talents of various players since the Mourinho tenure, and things aren't likely to change. That is one the hallmarks of a Mourinho team - the striker does the donkey work. Drogba was just an absolute freak of nature and the best striker I think will ever play for us, and we have been disappointed by Ba and Torres because Didier is such a tough act to follow. Drogba was selfless and gave his all for the team (for the most part), and it was his bullying of defenders that created opportunities and space for the likes of Essien, Lampard, Joe Cole, Ballack, etc. Our team almost excludes strikers in the way it plays, and they have to perform magnificently to join in on the act.

My point is this - Mourinho had Crespo, Drogba, and Gudjohnsen in 05/06. Yes, they all contributed goals, but none of them were, at the time, world-class. We won the title that season because of the contribution of the entire team, and the strikers acted as the main attacking fulcrum.

So, as far as I'm concerned, spending £50 million on another striker that will flop is pointless. Better to keep Torres, Ba and Lukaku.

The thing is though that Ba and Torres dont perform, even when they have the chance. (usually)

What we need IMO is someone who has a good link up play, someone complete. That way he will be involved for sure, and it will fit our style, I feel.

That's why I think strikers like Gomez will fail here.. they'll just wait in the box for the ball, but they won't get it because Mata and Hazard like to keep it.

Anyways, I hope Jose will make the right adjustments to make this work!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You