La Liga Thread

Steve

Another year without a league title for Ancelotti. That's just 3 league triumphs in 20 years as a manager. Pretty awful really.

HIs record against the top 4 since joining Real Madrid is appalling - just two wins from 12 matches, losing 7 of them.

Another year without a league title for Ancelotti. That's just 3 league triumphs in 20 years as a manager. Pretty awful really.

HIs record against the top 4 since joining Real Madrid is appalling - just two wins from 12 matches, losing 7 of them.

And some have the nerve to say he's better than Jose. Foh.

What a match that was.. can't believe Ronaldo missed that pen and RM hit the woodwork 3 times. La liga is all but gone now,, only Carlo Ancelotti can go on a 22 matching winning streak and let a 7pt lead slip. Only Carlo! Such an average manager, and how he gets away with it is beyond me.

But that Isco goal was something special!

This season sums Carlo as a manager in one, when thing's are going great everything is really really great, stick him in a crisis or a sticky situation however and he is clueless.

Look at the tactical tweak Jose made when losing to Leicester, Ancelotti would have done nothing and hoped it worked itself out (which was the story of our season in 10/11).

Im going to be controversial and say Ancelotti is on a similar level to Rafa, average league record but partial to pulling the rabbit out of the hat in cups, both are light years behind Jose, Pep, Fergie and all the other great manager's before them.

This season makes it one in the last 7

I so so hope United go down the galatico route.

If they do then they will have the same problems Madrid have had all these years and that mixed with Jose as our manager for me would more than make up for any financial disadvantage we have compared to them in FFP era.

This season sums Carlo as a manager in one, when thing's are going great everything is really really great, stick him in a crisis or a sticky situation however and he is clueless.

Look at the tactical tweak Jose made when losing to Leicester, Ancelotti would have done nothing and hoped it worked itself out (which was the story of our season in 10/11).

Im going to be controversial and say Ancelotti is on a similar level to Rafa, average league record but partial to pulling the rabbit out of the hat, both are light years behind Jose, Pep, Fergie and all the other great manager's before them.

I'll be even more controversial and say that Pep doesn't deserve to be in the same bracket as Fergie, Jose.

Just think about, Pep has never taken a not-so-great team and made them into a top-class side

I get that Pep has won multiple trophies but considering the amount of talent he's had, it would be almost criminal if he didn't win

I'll be even more controversial and say that Pep doesn't deserve to be in the same bracket as Fergie, Jose.

Just think about, Pep has never taken a not-so-great team and made them into a top-class side

I get that Pep has won multiple trophies but considering the amount of talent he's had, it would be almost criminal if he didn't win

Fair enough but I think of it in another way.

Barca he took over a group of really good individuals but as a team were a bit of a mess, to transform them into arguably the best team of all time was for me a brilliant achievement.

At Bayern he has underachieved in Europe without a doubt, but I think he has actually done well to maintain their domestic dominance, taking over a treble winning team may sound easy on paper but it's not, he had to go in there and try to motivate a bunch of well fed player's who have just won the lot to not only go again but buy into new ideas, look at Rafa at Inter, it ain't as easy as it sounds.

I can't stand the guy, but for me he is defiantly top bracket.

@Tomo,@Reddish-Blue,

Carlo gets away with it i feel, because he's this glorious gentleman. I may have missed some of his miraculous healing acts or his cure for cancer but that shouldn't cloud or even be brought into the equation when evaluating his talent as a manager. The Rafa=Carlo comparisons are good, because each team they manage seems to focus mightily on that competition, and are perennial favorites to possibly win it every year.

If Pep could do it in England that would be impressive, because frankly his spell at Bayern Munich has been unimpressive to say the least. It'd be interesting to see him try and turn City (if the rumors are true) into a dominant possession based side, in the English scene. If he pulls that off, then he can really solidify his position as one of the best. We'll never get that rags-to-riches story from Pep, but that's ok, he can't really control that because his first managerial position was at one of the giants in the football world. JM was trying to break through, and his treble at Porto helped do that for him.

I take nothing away from his accomplishments at Barca. As we've seen with Carlo Ancelotti, managers can royally underachieve with tremendous talent. And the way he oversaw the passing of the torch from Ronaldhino to Messi which was done successfully is nothing to sneeze at. They were still a major force in Europe and winning La Ligas all while Messi became the vocal point of the team at age 20! He definitely earned his stripes during his tenure as Barca manager, and all managers have dips in their career and Bayern (to me) appears to be that. Just like Real madrid in totality was for JM.

Really?

But couldn't you also make the argument that he took that side, unified them and got them playing a style of football which, lets be honest here, was arguable one of the best around. He has gone to sides with these individuals but he's managed to create a real team out of them, both at Bayern and Barcelona. I know people joke that even they would be able to do that, but he seems like he's got the commitment and patience to perfect every detail of his game.. Only high calibre managers can do that?

Fair enough but I think of it in another way.

Barca he took over a group of really good individuals but as a team were a bit of a mess, to transform them into arguably the best team of all time was for me a brilliant achievement.

At Bayern he has underachieved in Europe without a doubt, but I think he has actually done well to maintain their domestic dominance, taking over a treble winning team may sound easy on paper but it's not, he had to go in there and try to motivate a bunch of well fed player's who have just won the lot to not only go again but buy into new ideas, look at Rafa at Inter, it ain't as easy as it sounds.

I can't stand the guy, but for me he is defiantly top bracket.

I disagree with that Rafa part because, that Inter side was ageing and not the most individually talented squad. Many of those players were solid footballers with top tactical minds but physically or skillfully (in terms of on ball skill like Neymar/Hazard).

Players like Lucio, Zanetti, Samuel, Stankovic and Materazz were getting up there in age. And JM was able to squeeze out the best not only left of those players, but he took Cambiasso/Sneijder and Milito to levels they never reached again.

I disagree with that Rafa part because, that Inter side was ageing and not the most individually talented squad. Many of those players were solid footballers with top tactical minds but physically or skillfully (in terms of on ball skill like Neymar/Hazard).

Players like Lucio, Zanetti, Samuel, Stankovic and Materazz were getting up there in age. And JM was able to squeeze out the best not only left of those players, but he took Cambiasso/Sneijder and Milito to levels they never reached again.

I agree to an extent but I also maintain that in no way Rafa should have slid down the table like he did.

We had the same problem in 10/11.