Josh McEachran

Term-X

Not playing is not good. No way that could be good for any player especially an amazing talent like Josh who is having the most difficult time in his career. It wouldn't be shame to ruin him, it would be a disaster.

It's better to play for the reserves than to sit on first team's bench and don't get a single minute. :doh:

Cleverly is 22.

Even so, a year ago there was even some talk that Josh would be a surprise inclusion in the Euro 2012 squad, some people really thought he had that much talent to break into the Chelsea first team and cause enough stir to get into the England set up. This season he has played 7 minutes of Premier League football, while Cleverly is now pushing for the England place and establishing himself in the Man Utd side.

Even so, a year ago there was even some talk that Josh would be a surprise inclusion in the Euro 2012 squad, some people really thought he had that much talent to break into the Chelsea first team and cause enough stir to get into the England set up. This season he has played 7 minutes of Premier League football, while Cleverly is now pushing for the England place and establishing himself in the Man Utd side.

The point is if Cleverly was/is so amazing compared to McEachran then where was he when he was 18?

Edited by Tomo-91

You know it was funny listening to CA say that he was going to start using youth in the carling cup like arsenal do!!! seems like that won't be happening at all this year! we're the worst at promoting youth and its a shame that Josh won't get those consistent chances. league games against norwich, and wba should have josh and bertrand and lukaku on the team sheet first!! pisses me off!

So Josh doesn't get to play against Wolves with 3-0 up.. instead, Lampard is given the magnificent opportunity to gain experience, because he has so little of it. What message does this send to our nr. 20? He should be loaned out asap, no doubt about that anymore after today. And yes, he is going to probably play against Liverpool on tuesday, but it's not like he needed rest or anything.. if anything, he needed more match fitness to be ready for the game. Now I'm not surprised if he will look rusty against 'pool and will get written off by knee-jerks.

EDIT: On a second look, he wasn't even on the bench. Is he injured or smth? If not, then things are even worse. King Salomon made the bench instead alongside Ryan Malouda, our 2 future hopefuls. I'm usually very patient, but this is getting very annoying.

I think JOsh has been unlucky this season, lets remember he is only 18, Sturridge could not get a game for City (before the Sheiks took over) when he was 18 now look at him.

It's not like he has been completely frozen out, he has been on the bench a fair few times this season (more than a lot of 18 year olds) it just happened that whenever Josh is on the bench the score's close. If he was on the bench today he would no doubt have came on.

It's not like he has been completely frozen out, he has been on the bench a fair few times this season (more than a lot of 18 year olds) it just happened that whenever Josh is on the bench the score's close. If he was on the bench today he would no doubt have came on.

IF he was on the bench, and I'm pretty sure even then he wouldn't have got the chance, Lampard needs the experience more obviously.. instead, we had game-winners Kalou and Malouda there.

^ he came on against Swansea in the same situation.

Remember his circumstances are similar to Sturridge's last season and Danny was 21, Josh is only 18. If Josh plays a game soon and makes a mistake which loses us it, we would all be slating AVB for chucking him in at the deep end.

I think JOsh has been unlucky this season, lets remember he is only 18, Sturridge could not get a game for City (before the Sheiks took over) when he was 18 now look at him.

Sturridge was playing for reserves in 09/10 and now there's nothing wrong with him.

If Josh plays a game soon and makes a mistake which loses us it, we would all be slating AVB for chucking him in at the deep end.

Everyone makes mistakes, he will make one sooner or later... that's part of the learning curve. With this logic, he should be overlooked for the next 3-4 years just out of fear. My point being, if he was on loan, then he can make mistakes and learn from them in another club (without having to slate AVB, as some ignorant users would undoubtedly do), not literally rotting like he is doing here. And I don't think Josh is playing for the reserves either, he's just idling.

The point is if Cleverly was/is so amazing compared to McEachran then where was he when he was 18?

Im not saying Cleverly is, I think McEachran is a more naturally gifted footballer, the difference is that Cleverly is being given the chance and has shone, I think if we gave Josh the same chance he would shine too.