Josh McEachran

Term-X

Don't know why AVB is so upset with Rogers. Brendan maybe should have kept his desires between himself and the club, but I didn't find his comments terribly untoward. Josh needs a loan. For us and for him. More reserve football is not what is needed. Swansea seem a good fit. My inner football fan just wants to see the lad play in the PL. I'm sure I am just preaching to the choir here.

Don't know why AVB is so upset with Rogers. Brendan maybe should have kept his desires between himself and the club, but I didn't find his comments terribly untoward. Josh needs a loan. For us and for him. More reserve football is not what is needed. Swansea seem a good fit. My inner football fan just wants to see the lad play in the PL. I'm sure I am just preaching to the choir here.

He isn't even getting minutes in the reserves fixtures.

If I was Josh, I would go.

Not on loan, but request a transfer. He is rotting at Chelsea. It would be a crime to ruin this boy, but that is exactly what is happening. For the sake of what will be an incredible career he needs to move on.

Much as I hate to say it, I agree with you... but what good of a future do we have if we're just going to dismiss our best talents all the time?? I still haven't forgiven Chelsea for selling Stoch to Fenerbahçe. We could have had someone like him bombing down the wings all day for us instead of Kalou!!

Not on loan, but request a transfer. He is rotting at Chelsea. It would be a crime to ruin this boy, but that is exactly what is happening. For the sake of what will be an incredible career he needs to move on.

Too soon... he needs a succesful loan spell and if he keeps on rotting after that, then I would suggest him to request a transfer.

Agreed. He deserves better than this. I just can't understand why he's not getting playing time, underachieving midfielders are walking into the squad yet Josh isn't even getting a look in against teams like Genk. If you're not gonna play him fucking loan him!

I'd rather see him succeed at another club then have his career ruined rotting on the sidelines.

The thing is that we haven't the right attitude with him. We keep him here, but we don't give him any playing time, both with the first team (where he had to play against Genk for fuck sake, I still can't put it behind me...) and with the reserve team (he doesn't even play in the few games). And in the other hand, when a coach tells openly he would like to give Josh a six month loan deal, our manager gets furious. And all this with in mind that we do not have a world class midfield...

The thing is that we haven't the right attitude with him. We keep him here, but we don't give him any playing time, both with the first team (where he had to play against Genk for fuck sake, I still can't put it behind me...) and with the reserve team (he doesn't even play in the few games). And in the other hand, when a coach tells openly he would like to give Josh a six month loan deal, our manager gets furious. And all this with in mind that we do not have a world class midfield...

Exactly give him time here or send him on loan he is doing no one and favours getting no minutes. look how much good it did for Danny and Wishire. Loans are there for a reason use them.

Josh has never complained and just got on with the fact that he has not being playing games which he deserves a lot of respect for. I don't know what its doing to him inside but it must be pretty depressing to know that even Mikel is getting into the team ahead of you. he is a good player who needs game time to become an exceptional player but if he is not getting that at Chelsea then it could mean he moves on and it is another fantastic, promising youth player gone.

If Villas Boas is going to attack Brendan Rodgers for trying to help both McEachran and Chelsea by helping Josh to develop then that is very ungrateful IMO. Villas Boas is not giving Josh any time yet when somebody offers to do so (for just a loan deal lets not forget) he gets angry with them!

Rodgers defends Josh comments

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers has defended his comments regarding his interest in Josh McEachran following a rebuke from his Chelsea counterpart Andre Villas-Boas.

Rodgers recently revealed that he would be keen to sign McEachran on loan in the January transfer window if the midfielder was made available by Chelsea.

His comments were criticised last week by Villas-Boas, who could not understand why a manager would talk about another club's player.

However, Rodgers has explained he only spoke about the teenager after being asked whether he would be keen to bring McEachran to the Liberty Stadium on loan.

"As a rule I don't speak about players at other clubs, but I was asked a question about Josh McEachran after the story had come out," said Rodgers in the South Wales Evening Post.

"You can look back at what I said because I said it on television.

"I was asked if I would be interested in taking Josh on loan.

"I said that if Chelsea were to make him available, I am sure there would be a lot of clubs who would want him and we would be one of them.

"If that's talking about another club's player, well it's an interesting one."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7330221/?