Josh McEachran

Term-X

I wonder how he feels about Van Ginkel.

We are one of the top clubs in world football, not a youth charity, if players want to make it here they have to earn it on merit, which is why i get annoyed by comments as good as suggesting we should not sign a striker and make Lukaku #1 before he has even proved himself here.

If Josh is as good as his potential, he will make it here regardless of who we sign in the same position, if he cannot handle competition then he was at the wrong club from the off.

Josh should leave.

For his own sake. He isn't gonna make it here. He hasn't come on as much as we have wanted in the last 2 years, and couldn't nail down a starting spot for Boro.

All the while we can have our pick of young talent, it isn't gonna happen for josh.

I would be happy to be proven wrong. But I seriously doubt it.

We are one of the top clubs in world football, not a youth charity, if players want to make it here they have to earn it on merit, which is why i get annoyed by comments as good as suggesting we should not sign a striker and make Lukaku #1 before he has even proved himself here.

If Josh is as good as his potential, he will make it here regardless of who we sign in the same position, if he cannot handle competition then he was at the wrong club from the off.

He isnt, which is why I would like to know how he feels about the signing.

Josh should leave.

For his own sake. He isn't gonna make it here. He hasn't come on as much as we have wanted in the last 2 years, and couldn't nail down a starting spot for Boro.

All the while we can have our pick of young talent, it isn't gonna happen for josh.

I would be happy to be proven wrong. But I seriously doubt it.

sadly I think you are 100% right .. I just can't see him as better than Championship level or lower midtable PL ...We should face the

harsh reality that he is most unlikely to be good enough

I'd happily sell him with a buy-back clause inserted in the contract personally. It'd suit all parties. Odd for an Englishman perhaps, but I feel he'd flourish in the Bundesliga where it's like the PL just slightly slower pace and slightly less brash. Doubt it'll happen, but a team like Bremen or Wolfsburg would be decent for him.

sadly I think you are 100% right .. I just can't see him as better than Championship level or lower midtable PL ...We should face the

harsh reality that he is most unlikely to be good enough

Its looking that way as it stands, but he has so much natural talent i really think there is some player in there somewhere. He just needs some confidence back and who better to give it to him than Jose? even if he doesn't play much this season (15-20 games) i think he can gain a lot working under Mourinho.

Other aspects of the game (bulking up, attitude, mental strength) can be worked on as players grow up, ability on the ball is the hardest thing to work on, and Josh already has that.

Its far to early to make a final decision on Josh imo. Hopefully Jose will have him in the squad for 2 season's (like he did with Huth in his first spell) then decide whether he is good enough or not.

I'd happily sell him with a buy-back clause inserted in the contract personally. It'd suit all parties. Odd for an Englishman perhaps, but I feel he'd flourish in the Bundesliga where it's like the PL just slightly slower pace and slightly less brash. Doubt it'll happen, but a team like Bremen or Wolfsburg would be decent for him.

That's the point he will suit the Bundesliga because he is so talented, i don't think any under 23 English player has such technical talent Josh has (not even Wilshere), and the weaknesses to his game are lot easier to fine tune than a player who technically isn't all there (ie Cleverly).

i would rather he comes back to Chelsea, as atleast we can give him gametime in the cup competetions and some PL too.

We need to actively monitor his progression and make big decisions in his training etc, rather than send him to another club where they only care about their result and not Josh's personal development.

On the top of it, he needs to MAN UP, grow some muscle and become stronger. He is too much of a schoolboy ever since he showed up.

He can only get better in Chelsea, even if he gets lesser time on the pitch.

He kind of reminds me of Granero, a guy who was developing well at real madrid because he grew up with quality players around, but the moment he went to a club with inferior players, he could not influence the game. Josh's case is similar and he needs to build his game and potential here.

I dont see ANY PL side giving him regular football. That is where he is at presently.

We need to personally give him that extra bit he needs in order to take that next step.

Not true. Granero was sold by Madrid and eventually resigned after 2 successful seasons with Getafe.

Anyway on Josh, I think he needs to get a bit more fight in him, as when you look at younger English players like Wilshere or Cleverly (as shite as he is) etc, they get stuck in a lot when out of possession. Josh physically could also improve but thats a totally different matter, I mean a few years back Wilshere was a stick, now hes bulked up due to his injury lay off and is much stronger. Same with Danny Welbeck, he went to Sunderland as a skinny runt, went back to United in the summer and bulked up a lot. Not saying he needs to become Vin Diesel but a bit of body weight could do him no harm, I could see him playing against a Toure or a Dembele or Sandro and getting absolutely killed. He looks even skinnier than Oscar...

He could yet make the grade here, but I feel if hes going to improve, he needs a good loan to a team that play possession based football, where their front 3 of 4 or whatever look to make clever runs etc knowing they can be lfound. Its hard to find him a loan like that, because you could say well only a few teams play like that. Or we could give him a go but I feel hes not ready to be a regular at Chelsea yet.

He has the potential to be a very special player but he has to get himself together and prove he has the determination and passion to go with the ability.

Its looking that way as it stands, but he has so much natural talent i really think there is some player in there somewhere. He just needs some confidence back and who better to give it to him than Jose? even if he doesn't play much this season (15-20 games) i think he can gain a lot working under Mourinho.

Other aspects of the game (bulking up, attitude, mental strength) can be worked on as players grow up, ability on the ball is the hardest thing to work on, and Josh already has that.

Its far to early to make a final decision on Josh imo. Hopefully Jose will have him in the squad for 2 season's (like he did with Huth in his first spell) then decide whether he is good enough or not.

Abitlity on the ball is not only the passes. Josh has shown he has an eye for a pass.

But running with the ball, protecting it from defenders, little tricks to give himself some space, I'm not sure he has shown that.

Abitlity on the ball is not only the passes. Josh has shown he has an eye for a pass.

But running with the ball, protecting it from defenders, little tricks to give himself some space, I'm not sure he has shown that.

Actually he's quite good at some of those things. Body feints and close control when moving with the ball in particular are very good.

I think while it's clear Josh does have some deficiencies, mainly in an athletic sense in my opinion, that some are going a little over the top in criticisms of him, and are completely writing him off. He's only 20 and can and will improve, but he needs the right environment and a Chelsea manager to just keep him around and involved in the squad.

If you genuinely believe that then you don't understand youth development. Loan deals and development league football are not enough for a player to realise his potential. Players like Rooney and Wilshere are the exceptions to the rule. Clubs have to take a chance on young players if they want to reap the rewards. If Chelsea are only willing to give absolute superstars a chance in the first team then sooner or later your academy will start to suffer. We've already seen it with Man City losing out on pretty much every academy player they try to lure.

Running with the ball would fall into this category http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDNCA-rEWo

Little tricks to make space, he did that in his PL debut against City, had 2 players on him in his own 3rd (i think one of them was Yaya Toure) and a piece of skill took him away from both of them (can't find the video for that but remember it well). What your see at 4:08 at this video aswell

Protecting from defenders falls into the strength part, something that is easier to pick up in his later life than natural ability is.

If you genuinely believe that then you don't understand youth development. Loan deals and development league football are not enough for a player to realise his potential. Players like Rooney and Wilshere are the exceptions to the rule. Clubs have to take a chance on young players if they want to reap the rewards. If Chelsea are only willing to give absolute superstars a chance in the first team then sooner or later your academy will start to suffer. We've already seen it with Man City losing out on pretty much every academy player they try to lure.

It's a start tho, Wilshere got his chance at Bolton and because of that was made a member of the squad for the 10/11 season. Because of an injury crisis in the midfield however he got to start a couple and took the bull by the horns and since then (when fit) plays.

Which way do you mean taking a chance? Lukaku will be in the squad next season and will get his fair share of games, that in my book is getting a chance but some think to give Lukaku a proper chance we have to fully trust him and give him an undisputed number one role he didn't even get at West Brom.

Running with the ball would fall into this category http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDNCA-rEWo

Little tricks to make space, he did that in his PL debut against City, had 2 players on him in his own 3rd (i think one of them was Yaya Toure) and a piece of skill took him away from both of them (can't find the video for that but remember it well). What your see at 4:08 at this video aswell

Protecting from defenders falls into the strength part, something that is easier to pick up in his later life than natural ability is.

it on dailymotion ( josh mceachran vs mancity) and it was de jong

• 2 weeks later...