Chelsea vs Newcastle

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Newcastle  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • Newcastle victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti risk playing his stars with Man City the following weekend?

That isn't very harsh criticism at all. This was a great test for the kids that are constantly talked up and they weren't very impressive. I really hope we don't suffer many injuries this year because our squad is really thin and that was proved today.

You also need to have in mind how much of first team football have they played. Bruma for example has only played 112 minutes last season. Boys are still learning.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clown: talking about rating players on 45 mins of action, kakuta is the closest out of them all to breaking through that is why he gets premiership mins. I can guarantee you if he came off the bench like josh did he would of had just as big an impact on the game. saying all that he was actually good, he was miles better than what danny was and he did not deserve to be hauled off, also he got injured !

What games has Kakuta played against decent opposition when the result has been in the balance? He gets useless minutes against useless teams. He isn't any closer than any of the other kids.

What games has Kakuta played against decent opposition when the result has been in the balance? He gets useless minutes against useless teams. He isn't any closer than any of the other kids.

Carlo "kakuta is the future of chelsea"

Carlo "At that age, I have never seen one player with his talent, so it has been worth the attention,"

Don't get me wrong i rate josh really highly, but because of his position he will not break into the first team until he is maybe 22 23 sadly. Kakuta can play out wide and he can play in an advanced midfield position.

That isn't very harsh criticism at all. This was a great test for the kids that are constantly talked up and they weren't very impressive. I really hope we don't suffer many injuries this year because our squad is really thin and that was proved today.

O ye of little faith ...rememeber our motto K T F

O ye of little faith ...rememeber our motto K T F

Carlo "At that age, I have never seen one player with his talent, so it has been worth the attention,"

Don't get me wrong i rate josh really highly, but because of his position he will not break into the first team until he is maybe 22 23 sadly. Kakuta can play out wide and he can play in an advanced midfield position.

I cant believe anyone would think that ,,barring injuries in two years at most he should be a regular

He is is 17 not 21. Who is going to be blocking his path for the next 6 years? Use him wisely this season but I'd throw him in as a senior squad member next season as serious option. Jack Wilshere at 18 is no better than Josh but the whole world is raving about him.

Kakuta is a very skillful player. We all know that but skills don't always translate into senior football. He is a good young player and was impressive at the under19's playing against other kids. I just don't think he is very close to being a serious player for Chelsea.

I'm embarrassed. Youngsters were shite and failed to impress against a weak Newcastle squad. No disrespect to them though, they will learn and pick up on things. Just need to focus on League, Champs League and FA Cup. KTBFFH!

The youngsters cant complain when they dont get anymore minutes till the f.a cup now, they had their chance and blew it. Im not having a moan i think it was a good game although our performance was pretty dire. We need a better sub keeper and i just hope the injurys to Kalou and Yossi arent so bad because they have both looked good lately.

Kakuta is a very skillful player. We all know that but skills don't always translate into senior football. He is a good young player and was impressive at the under19's playing against other kids. I just don't think he is very close to being a serious player for Chelsea.

That is not fair to Kakuta. Not so long ago he played well against Hammers, and against Zilina. Tonight he wasn't bad at all. What was bad was overall teams performance until Josh came in. Why pick individuals. What is Brumas fault if midfield in front of him is not pressing enough or Kakutas if others don't follow him.

Cant expect them espically if they havent played much first team football to come out and be amazing.Yeh they didnt do to great but oh well.Look forward,work out how we can improve.And if they hadnt been played been complaints about that.Give them a chance.Think they need to start slowly being used in other games espically if the scores comfy

And we didnt go out on pens or loose 3-1...3-4 not to bad and to a prem side as well.

Ever since Spurs beat us in that final we've been crap in that cup lol.

Just hope injuries are all good but like said we aint Liverpool and hey ho move on.Plenty more to be won..been nice to win this as well as first trophy of the season but hey.

Well despite us losing, it was a really entertaining match with a lot of positives such as McEachran and PVA (with the exception of his gaffe). However, one negative that has to be dealt with is Turnbull. For fucks sake he can't keep for shit, blunder after blunder, it's getting rediculous, really, I could have saved the third one with my cock :doh:

Some people have been pretty naive about your youth really, thinking that all of a sudden they are world beaters just because Carlos says that he's going to be using the youth system, something which Mourinho ignored for the most part. I think it's a good reality check for some of these people.

He is is 17 not 21. Who is going to be blocking his path for the next 6 years? Use him wisely this season but I'd throw him in as a senior squad member next season as serious option. Jack Wilshere at 18 is no better than Josh but the whole world is raving about him.

sry mate u're really wrong in that case, kakuta has gone off cause of injury, not because of carlo wanted to take him off, kakuta was absolutely sharp and was our best player on the field in the 1st half... hope his back isn't that bad and he can come back fast.

McEachran and Kakuta are possibly the most brightest Talents i've wisdomd for a while, but they play completely different positions so how can you compare them?

Kakuta is skillful, has power, speed, crossing and a shot....

McEahran, has an eye, a great pass, and he somehow "ghosts" around oppositions...

and both of them are surely 1st team material but kakuta is much much closer to first team action then McEachran... this will cause Headaches to Carlo, who will he take off for McEachran? Ess or Lamps? i really think lamps should mae place for mceachran and kakuta, cause he isn't the lamps of 2 years ago, last season was awful on lampsy standards, despite him blossoming to his old strength for 10 games or so and scoring goals... we have to face it, lamps has to make place...

and by the way... the only youngster disappointing was definitely Bruma... no one else at fault for 2 Goals if you ask me...

I didn't think we were that bad in all honestly, just a bad 20 minutes before and 10 minutes after half time really cost us. I think whenever we've fielded a time in the cups before, we haven't really shown any good football, and often struggle to control games, but there was more of that last night.

Positives have to mainly be van Aanholt and McEachran, who was brilliant. PvA may have been at fault for one of their goals, but young defenders do make mistakes, and unlike young midfielders or strikers will often get punished for them. Going forward he was very good and I know Ranger played narrowly, but PvA was rarely beaten defensively. As for McEachran, looked the best player on the pitch when he came on. Very calm, very composed. Almost ran the midfield completely for 40 good minutes.

Negatives, Turnbull and Sturridge. If Carlo really did want a new GK in the summer, last night could have made up his mind completely. As for Sturridge, he's either trying skills that don't come off or shooting a mile wide from 30 yards out. He really needs to try and just do things simply and stop trying to over impress. He's definitely got some talent, we're just not seeing it.