Chelsea vs Newcastle

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Newcastle  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • Newcastle victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti risk playing his stars with Man City the following weekend?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm proud of our team today, we fought for it, and we still gave Newcastle a challenge despite being down to ten men. Too bad we didn't make it, but at least we saw passion and an amazing comeback with ten men. Also the younger players were very impressive. PVA, McEachran, Bruma played a very good game. My biggest disappointment is that their chances at playing time are reduced significantly, by us being out of the league cup.

Damn!

All i can say from this performance is that the stars were shown, Van Aanholt was superb from when i watched, McEarhan has to be the MoM he was everywhere and wanted the ball no matter what. Bruma found his feet later in the game and Ramires played well. MoM for me was either Anelka or McEarhan. And another thing i have learnt, Turnbull needs to get ridden of As soon as possible, his postioning is non-existent.

Let Taylor, Walker or even Delac take over the 3rd choice. Just get rid of him.

Positives:

• Played magnificently with ten men
  • Nicolas Anelka was superb
  • Josh McEachran was sublime when he came on

Negatives:

• Turnbull
  • Sturridge and Bruma looked out of sorts
  • Most importantly, two serious injuries to Bena and Kalou.

Let's not forget... we hit the post twice... just not our night.

Good effort lads! Proud of them. Kinda glad it didnt go to extra time.

I Agreed...

Think for this year is Good to let go Carling Cup.... We need to Focus on Champion League and Premier League... For now

Very proud of our boys today. So unlucky with the injuries, but what great resilience to come back from 1-3 to 3-3. Also hit the post twice. Only one I'm disappointed with today is Sturridge. But he's young and so are Bruma and PvA and they'll only become better after games like these. Great effort lads, chin up!

P.S. Josh McEachran - a star has been born blue%20scalf.gif

Great effort by the lads in the end. Newcastle probably edged it on play despite our half hour of attacking. Very disappointed with Turnbull, Zhirkov & Sturridge. Very impressed by McEachren when he came on.

@BlueLion, I think Bruma sorted himself out after half time.

Ok lets have a little perspective here guys, its the League Cup, not the Champions League, we can take plenty of positives from the game:

PVA was excellent

Joshy was superb

Good to see Ramires get his first 90 mins

Bruma played well other than the free kick he gave away

Kakuta was sharp

We battled until the end, with some very inexperienced players on the pitch

Ok on paper it doesnt look good that we have conceded 4 at home but we have bigger fish to fry than the League Cup.

Bit pissed off with Turnbull, we should have saved 3 of the 4 goals TBH, and Sturridge was AWFUL.

Fuck it, its less games for us now during a busy season, back to normal service on Saturday in the league.

great game... come close to Chelsea 4 - 4 Yids... remember it 2008/2009? Joey Greedy Cole scoring at will and makeing the best game of his carreer?

sad sad sad... i think with mceachran AND Kakuta we would've won... maybe carlo took him off cause of Injuryconcerns...

My biggest disappointment is that their chances at playing time are reduced significantly, by us being out of the league cup.

The thing is then you must mix your team with seniour players, which is not good. We don't want to tire players or risk injuries.

Ok lets have a little perspective here guys, its the League Cup, not the Champions League, we can take plenty of positives from the game:

PVA was excellent

Joshy was superb

Good to see Ramires get his first 90 mins

Bruma played well other than the free kick he gave away

Kakuta was sharp

We battled until the end, with some very inexperienced players on the pitch

Ok on paper it doesnt look good that we have conceded 4 at home but we have bigger fish to fry than the League Cup.

Bit pissed off with Turnbull, we should have saved 3 of the 4 goals TBH, and Sturridge was AWFUL.

Fuck it, its less games for us now during a busy season, back to normal service on Saturday in the league.

:goodpost: :goodpost: considerring it has just finished that is an excellent analysis