Chelsea vs Newcastle

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Newcastle  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • Newcastle victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti risk playing his stars with Man City the following weekend?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch as the media spin the game on its head. 'Newcastle outclass Chelsea' like it was the first team, the fact is it all boils down to performance and we were better on the comeback. The problem was Turnbull, he could have saved the second and fourth goal, didn't quite see the third due to stream going down.

The overall point is:

Newcastle 11 Players < Josh McEarhan

What an awful performance from Ferreira and Sturridge. They were giving away the possession so easily. The right flank let us down tonight. An inspiring performance from Nic. Josh is simply outstanding. And I never understood Ancelotti's decision to replace Kakuta who was having a good game. I thought, if anything, Sturridge should have been replaced.

With Turnbull off the pitch the scoreline would have read 3-1

I'm really proud of our boys tonight.

At 3-1, with 10 men we looked completely written off. But that spirit we found with our fans to take us back to 3-3 was magnificent. Josh McEachran was probably the most composed player in that tension period at 3-2 and full credit too him, he showed the world tonight how good he is!

It's unfortunate we lost, but we lost with pride & that, I do not mind.

Watch as the media spin the game on its head. 'Newcastle outclass Chelsea' like it was the first team, the fact is it all boils down to performance and we were better on the comeback. The problem was Turnbull, he could have saved the second and fourth goal, didn't quite see the third due to stream going down.

The overall point is:

Newcastle 11 Players < Josh McEarhan

Sorry mate, ain't nobody saving that fourth goal, it was a wonderful header. Cech wouldn't have even got fingertips on it.

But he was certainly at fault for the third and I think he should have saved the freekick... but it's easy to say that in hindsight because frankly it was a superb goal.

Guys CALM DOWN.... I appreciate nobody wants to lose but consider one massive benefit - we now have one less 'distraction.'

fair point! To be honest I'd rather focus on the Champions League, Premier League and the FA Cup than win a worthless Carling Cup

plus, McEachran was a fucking god out there on the pitch!

1-2 v Bolton 2003

0-1 v Liverpool 2004

1-2 v Arsenal 2004

1-2 v Barcelona 2006

0-1 v Liverpool 2008

2-4 v Man City 2010

0-1 v Inter Milan 2010

3-4 v Newcastle 2010

Psssshh!! :pwned:

FA Cup 2006, 2009, 2010

Carling Cup 2005, 2007

Your point is?

Guys CALM DOWN.... I appreciate nobody wants to lose but consider one massive benefit - we now have one less 'distraction.'

i think people here are appreciating the effort our team made ...3 players had mares ..turnbull ...expected ...danny ...biggest disappointment of the

night .....most ARE concentrating on the positives

Not sure how there wasnt another minute added on considering the Newcastle sub and injury during injury time and the pitch invasion.

All the same, in one way that was tremendous. Attitude is so important in football, for another team being 3-1 playing with 10 men for the last 30 minutes in a meaningless competition would have given the players the perfect excuse to not put in any effort, that was one of the bravest performances I can remember. Didnt let our heads drop, playing a man down, 3-1 down but rallied back.

Obviously there was negatives, for the first 3 goals you cxould easily single out one player who made an individual mistake that cost us the goal, the fourth was just bad set piece defending in general. Yuzi Zhirkov made absolutely no impact whatsoever but most of all that performance from Paulo Ferreira was one of the worst I've ever seen from a player in a Chelsea jersey in recent memory, off the top of my head the only one that comes close to rivalling it was Daniel Sturridge's tonight also. they both had absolute shockers, I dont think any team (let alone one with 10 men) could have won with them on their side tonight. The other 2 huge negatives are the injuries to Benayoun and Kalou.

The huge positive to take away from this though is Josh McEachran, despite being only on the pitch for about 30 minutes, he was our best player. I've always wondered how would we find somebody who could possibly fill Lampard's boots, well it looks like we have a winner, against an experienced, combative Newcastle midfield he was stunning, that is how you make an impact.

Other positives include Nic Anelka showing once again that the days of him being "Le Sulk" are long gone(unless your Raymond Domenech) an inspiring performance that others followed. Ramires again notches up a very good performance, he will have a huge part to play in Chelsea's pursuit of domestic and European success. Van Aanholt, despite making the mistake for the first goal, was excellent, scoring one and providing a tremendous assist for another.

So the quadruple dream dies tonight, however there are a lot of positives to take from that game, not least of all Josh McEachran, it would have been nice to have gone through and see the fringe players get more game time but mistakes, circumstance and poor individual performances counted against us in the end, still though we are on the right track, with a squad attitude like the one displayed tonight we can go very far indeed.

Turnbull - Bad, not terrible in performance, but he seems to suck the confidence out of our back line.

Ferreira - Good, only one mistake with that pass to Ameobi. Unlucky that the shot wasn't a goal.

Terry - I didn't think he was bad and his passing range was good.

Bruma - Showed his inexperience, but still okay.

van Aanholt - Other than his mistake, was a man of the match contender.

Ramires - Average.

Zhirkov - I thought he was crap.

Benayoun - Average. Sad about the injury.

Kakuta - He wasn't incredible, but he didn't deserve to be taken off.

Anelka - Cool as ever. Made a two man push for the game with McEachren.

Sturridge - I was very disappointed and I thought he should have come off in place of Kakuta.

Alex - Good.

McEachren - A STAR IS BORN!

Kalou - Gutted by his injury and I have a feeling we would have won without his injury.

Not sure how there wasnt another minute added on considering the Newcastle sub and injury during injury time and the pitch invasion.

All the same, in one way that was tremendous. Attitude is so important in football, for another team being 3-1 playing with 10 men for the last 30 minutes in a meaningless competition would have given the players the perfect excuse to not put in any effort, that was one of the bravest performances I can remember. Didnt let our heads drop, playing a man down, 3-1 down but rallied back.

Obviously there was negatives, for the first 3 goals you cxould easily single out one player who made an individual mistake that cost us the goal, the fourth was just bad set piece defending in general. Yuzi Zhirkov made absolutely no impact whatsoever but most of all that performance from Paulo Ferreira was one of the worst I've ever seen from a player in a Chelsea jersey in recent memory, off the top of my head the only one that comes close to rivalling it was Daniel Sturridge's tonight also. they both had absolute shockers, I dont think any team (let alone one with 10 men) could have won with them on their side tonight. The other 2 huge negatives are the injuries to Benayoun and Kalou.

The huge positive to take away from this though is Josh McEachran, despite being only on the pitch for about 30 minutes, he was our best player. I've always wondered how would we find somebody who could possibly fill Lampard's boots, well it looks like we have a winner, against an experienced, combative Newcastle midfield he was stunning, that is how you make an impact.

Other positives include Nic Anelka showing once again that the days of him being "Le Sulk" are long gone(unless your Raymond Domenech) an inspiring performance that others followed. Ramires again notches up a very good performance, he will have a huge part to play in Chelsea's pursuit of domestic and European success. Van Aanholt, despite making the mistake for the first goal, was excellent, scoring one and providing a tremendous assist for another.

So the quadruple dream dies tonight, however there are a lot of positives to take from that game, not least of all Josh McEachran, it would have been nice to have gone through and see the fringe players get more game time but mistakes, circumstance and poor individual performances counted against us in the end, still though we are on the right track, with a squad attitude like the one displayed tonight we can go very far indeed.

EXCELLENT post my friend.