Chelsea vs Newcastle

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Newcastle  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • Newcastle victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti risk playing his stars with Man City the following weekend?

Don't get me wrong i rate josh really highly, but because of his position he will not break into the first team until he is maybe 22 23 sadly. Kakuta can play out wide and he can play in an advanced midfield position.

Let me alarm you, that Michael Owen broke into the Liverpool side when he was 18

Lionel Messi was the youngest ever to score for Barcelona at the Nou Camp when he was 17...

:whistling:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well to be honest i don't think all of the youngsters blew their chances , i mean you can see how kakuta and josh were absolutely brilliant also PVA showed he has a lot to offer to the team although he is still learning ... but i think sturridge was a very big disappointment today , i was expecting a lot more from him .

the biggest disappointment was bruma , to be honest i have never seen any thing very promising while watching him . he have always looked average except against other youngsters and i think that was only because of his better physique , i have always said that i doubted bruma as our 4th choice CB and now i am sure he doesn't have what it takes to be like terry or carvahlo like he said .

i know that he is still learning but he should have shown any glimpse of promise in this match or in the preseason he seems to get owned by any professional forward . i think that was a great experience not only for the youngsters but also for us and carlo to know the abilities of our players and the depth of our squad .

so some youngsters proved they should be used more ( kakuta - mccerhan - PVA) while others should work their asses off (bruma - sturridge)

Josh McEachran - The new John Terry? Not in terms of position obviously but as the Englishman who came through the youth system, who can relate ad have a great relationship with the fans. He was amazing in the half hour he played. Only 17 years old. 3-1 down at home i'm sure most youngsters would have hid on the field but he was constantly looking for the ball, very assured and confident on it as well. The ease at which he could slide past 2 or 3 players was brilliant. Can't wait to see more of him, very excitng prospect.

As for the game. The first half we were cruising. Switched off for 5 minutes ad we were 2-1 down. 3-1 down and down to 10 men and all of a sudden we decided to click. Josh, PVA, Nico and Ramiers were impressive. Paulo, Studge and Zhirkov didn't have the best of games. But very proud of our boys. If thy go down then all i ask is they go down fighting which is what they did. Unlucky lads. Now for more serious business of City at the weekend.

sry mate u're really wrong in that case, kakuta has gone off cause of injury, not because of carlo wanted to take him off, kakuta was absolutely sharp and was our best player on the field in the 1st half... hope his back isn't that bad and he can come back fast.

McEachran and Kakuta are possibly the most brightest Talents i've wisdomd for a while, but they play completely different positions so how can you compare them?

Kakuta is skillful, has power, speed, crossing and a shot....

McEahran, has an eye, a great pass, and he somehow "ghosts" around oppositions...

and both of them are surely 1st team material but kakuta is much much closer to first team action then McEachran... this will cause Headaches to Carlo, who will he take off for McEachran? Ess or Lamps? i really think lamps should mae place for mceachran and kakuta, cause he isn't the lamps of 2 years ago, last season was awful on lampsy standards, despite him blossoming to his old strength for 10 games or so and scoring goals... we have to face it, lamps has to make place...

and by the way... the only youngster disappointing was definitely Bruma... no one else at fault for 2 Goals if you ask me...

:goodpost:but the only point that i will have to disagree about is frank lampard , i have read more than just one member mentioning something like that and i am sure that is only because he is injured and isn't available . but when he is back then you will remember the difference between lamps and anyother midfielder in the world .

Yuri Zhirkov and Dan Sturridge O and also Bruma had very below par games, wont lie I think Carlo gets very fustrated with Dan.

On the other hand Josh was 'Fantastic' and since Yossi is eout now I would like to see Josh on the bench more. I think He could handle the premier L hes absolutly CLASS.

Let me alarm you, that Michael Owen broke into the Liverpool side when he was 18

Lionel Messi was the youngest ever to score for Barcelona at the Nou Camp when he was 17...

:whistling:

Yes i know but you must understand that liverpool did not have 4 quality strikers at that time, they had jokers like titi camara and an injury prone robbie fowler. I do agree if your good enough your old enough, but you have to look at our situation we have a strong midfield and we have a coach that loves to drag players careers on and on and on. By the time josh breaks into our first team jack wilshire will have so much experience that josh could be left behind, which is sad because they will fight for the england shirt. Lionel messi was probably the most talented teenager i have seen only ronaldo (Brazilian) was better, he had a vision for the game that is wayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of josh. I like josh a lot i think he will be brilliant but he will have to wait because our midfield is fearsome. Cj even mikel when he was 19, he was in the first team playing matches at anfield and old trafford and champions league semi final games, but mikel came into a midfield in were maka was finished ballack was in poor early season form, plus he had unusual strength and ball keeping skills which allowed him to play in big games.

Edited by Badboy

Josh McEachran - The new John Terry? Not in terms of position obviously but as the Englishman who came through the youth system, who can relate ad have a great relationship with the fans. He was amazing in the half hour he played. Only 17 years old. 3-1 down at home i'm sure most youngsters would have hid on the field but he was constantly looking for the ball, very assured and confident on it as well. The ease at which he could slide past 2 or 3 players was brilliant. Can't wait to see more of him, very excitng prospect.

Agree. Off topic we can also see that there were actually 6 English pro deals given in the summer, Josh, Billy Clifford, Rohan Ince and James Ashton have all been at the club from Under 8's or 9's, Aziz Dean-Conteh and George Saville a few years later. JT was 14 when he turned up so we could have a bright set of real homegrowns coming through. Ince has just come back from injury and is big enough to handle himself, Clifford we saw on the bench already, Ashton hardly played at all last year but is close to fitness and touted to be right up there, Aziz is a beast and is progressing in the reserves and Saville is starting to sprout and you can see his technique is excellent and is now showing through. and that's all in the youth team. Chuck in Mills-Pappoe, Chalobah, Rodgers, Blackman, Lalkovic and Prosenik and we might even retain the Youth Cup as well.

Overall the future is bright, the future is Blue!!

On Josh v Wilshere, JW has massive man's legs already so can cope physically more. We like to big up the first decent kid we see but the depth is as good as l'Arse I think, don't think age is a good scale of how good the player will be, just how quickly they grew when they were young. Wouldn't say Mills is better than Saville just because one is in the reserves.

I would love it to happen but i think carlo will drag lampard into a midfield maldini.

Mate you're absolutely spot on. With the abundance of riches we have in midfield (ie. Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Essien), it's going to be a fair few years before we see McEachran regularly in the team.

On the other hand, with Anelka getting on (and not being an orthodox winger), Kalou being relatively inconsistent and really only Malouda being an out-and-out winger, Kakuta will get more chances and his versatility means he can play in a lot of positions - an attribute Ancelotti clearly favours.

Mate you're absolutely spot on. With the abundance of riches we have in midfield (ie. Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Essien), it's going to be a fair few years before we see McEachran regularly in the team.

On the other hand, with Anelka getting on (and not being an orthodox winger), Kalou being relatively inconsistent and really only Malouda being an out-and-out winger, Kakuta will get more chances and his versatility means he can play in a lot of positions - an attribute Ancelotti clearly favours.

Exactly alex, josh is just very unlucky that we have such a strong midfield with a manager who believes in experienced players. Josh can only really play in midfield which gives him a problem because that is were we have a 23 year old mikel and ramires, then we have lampard who in carlo's eyes will not be past it for a few years yet. Then we have yossi who is a very very similar type of player to josh but a lot more EXPERIENCED. Then we have Essien who is only 27 him self and will be at the club for a long time because carlo loves him and rightly so. People on this forum seem to have made there minds up on kakuta already which makes me laugh on 45 mins of football, his shooting passing dribbling ability is way to good for him to fail. I do agree with you though, he is English and it would be nice for the club to get a good English player with vision and he fits the bill.

Also why the hell is bruma getting so much stick of 1 game probably the first game people have watched of him. Bruma is a superb player and he will break through, he is a super super talent with ability.

got no stick from me ...just sympathy that he hadnt mikel in front of him or cech behind