Chelsea vs Newcastle

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Newcastle  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the full-time result?

• Chelsea victory
    • Newcastle victory
    • Score draw
    • Goalless draw
  2. 2. Will Ancelotti risk playing his stars with Man City the following weekend?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game for the neutral. Nerve racking for the rest of us.

As this was considered one for the kids I'll give my opinion on them; I thought Kakuta, Bruma and Patrick Van Anholt were very unimpressive. They are not ready to play even the Carling Cup games which is a real worry for the club considering how thin the squad is. Bruma in particular was completely out of his depth. Not suprised to see Kakuta halued off at haltime, besides the assist he was out of the game and seemed to panic at times. Josh McEachran looks the best player of the lot. He is so composed on the ball and is the most likely to break into the senior squad. The others look another year away or in Kakuta's case two years.

We saw Good Thing Today... some young Boy Impress other not so much... but one good thing also is that we put our feets in the Ground, I New Castle make us remember we are not invencibles and we need to make the 110% always...

As this was considered one for the kids I'll give my opinion on them; I thought Kakuta, Bruma and Patrick Van Anholt were very unimpressive. They are not ready to play even the Carling Cup games which is a real worry for the club considering how thin the squad is. Bruma in particular was completely out of his depth. Not suprised to see Kakuta halued off at haltime, besides the assist he was out of the game and seemed to panic at times. Josh McEachran looks the best player of the lot. He is so composed on the ball and is the most likely to break into the senior squad. The others look another year away or in Kakuta's case two years.

I think your assesment is a little harsh PAv did some good work ,,think gael might have got a knock ...deserves mor chances remember there

was no mikel in front of Bruma and he had Turnbull behind him

sorry kakuta and mceachran alongside with anelka where our best man out there, kakuta was really sharp, hes different to mceachran, both wer tremendous, shouldnt've been subbed, but ih think it was cause of the reckless tackle in the first half... when he was laying on the ground for 3 Minutes or so.

Really want to see more of Josh McEarhan now, really impressed with his performance tonight, very Lampard-like.

Very Lampard-like ?

I have never seen Frank going past players with excellent skill before. More very Iniesta like.

I want to see McEachran wearing a lower shirt number than 46 next season!! He's a MASSIVE thing to come out of our ranks since JT! He reminded me of Scott Parker when he was with us, he has that presence in midfield that just makes things happen.... a playmaker, which is what we really need in the middle of the park!

Soon as he came on, he owned the Newcastle midfield, and it was amazing to see!

I think your assesment is a little harsh PAv did some good work ,,think gael might have got a knock ...deserves mor chances remember there

was no mikel in front of Bruma and he had Turnbull behind him

PVA is decent going forward. But his defensive positioning and awareness was awful

Main disappointment was (no offense) wasting two places on the bench as a treat to a couple of youngsters who weren't going to play when the likes of Mikel, Essien or even Drogba could have sat and watched knowing they are there in an emergency, like tonight. Saving grace was Josh getting more minutes than he would have so some silver lining but now no more CC for the kids to play in and very few minutes for them for the rest of the season.

he is 20 ashley cole wasnt built in a day ...cut the kid some slack ffs

That isn't very harsh criticism at all. This was a great test for the kids that are constantly talked up and they weren't very impressive. I really hope we don't suffer many injuries this year because our squad is really thin and that was proved today.

"The others look another year away or in Kakuta's case two years."

:clown: talking about rating players on 45 mins of action, kakuta is the closest out of them all to breaking through that is why he gets premiership mins. I can guarantee you if he came off the bench like josh did he would of had just as big an impact on the game. saying all that he was actually good, he was miles better than what danny was and he did not deserve to be hauled off, also he got injured !