The Pre-Season Thread

3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Only 4 days? Well boo hoo, they have to go and play a charity match after only 4 days of rest. They earn 60-200k pounds a week, I don’t feel sorry for this match interrupting their 3 weeks rest.

They will still have plenty of time to get ready for the EL-final(if we qualify).

If we go that way then they should be playing 20 hours a day to justify the cash they get.

But their pay is not going from my pocket nor yours. All we care is their performance on the pitch and I find this date 4 days after PL pointless because either key players wont play, will take it as a training session but in USA or even risking an injury. The last could affect our game in EL final if we get there. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If we go that way then they should be playing 20 hours a day to justify the cash they get.

But their pay is not going from my pocket nor yours. All we care is their performance on the pitch and I find this date 4 days after PL pointless because either key players wont play, will take it as a training session but in USA or even risking an injury. The last could affect our game in EL final if we get there. 

It’s gonna be a friendly game, NE and Chelsea players know that, they won’t be slashin’ each other. Ofc there is a risk of injury but they can get injured on training too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 16/08/2020 at 5:55 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Nothing on pre season? Only friendlies in England I guess?

That's what I'd heard a week or so ago. No traveling for friendlies this year. Do we have a champions League qualifier this season? That couldn't be far off if so

30 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

No we don't. Top4 all go directly to CL for years now from major leagues. 

I just heard guys are back in training on August 23rd. 

So they have just two weeks off. 

New muscular injuries incoming? 

Back this Friday apparently.

Don't think the players would lose much of the match fitness etc in just two weeks. As long as there is no heavy training, overworking of the players (HA!), they should be fine. 

Hope the players and coaching staff have not done anything silly during their holiday that may expose them to the virus.

There's a positive case in the Liverpool ranks apparently...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-liverpool-confirm-positive-coronavirus-22539430?2=

On 18/08/2020 at 11:39 AM, Jason said:

Back this Friday apparently.

Don't think the players would lose much of the match fitness etc in just two weeks. As long as there is no heavy training, overworking of the players (HA!), they should be fine. 

This account never gets it right lol

And it didn't make and sense to be back just 13 days after the last game. 

On 18/08/2020 at 0:53 PM, Jason said:

Hope the players and coaching staff have not done anything silly during their holiday that may expose them to the virus.

There's a positive case in the Liverpool ranks apparently...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-liverpool-confirm-positive-coronavirus-22539430?2=

hopefully CHO is keeping distance from midnight booty calls with Instagram hoes

:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, whats happening said:

any friendlies arranged already? cant find it on the official site

Not sure but the friendlies will apparently be done similar to the ones done before last season restarted in June.