The Pre-Season Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I just now realized that we are only playing 3 pre-season matches. What the hell are Conte and the board thinking? Have we learned nothing from the 15-16 season? 

We are most likely going to start the season physically behind most teams which probably means that we will have a slow start leading to panic all around. 

Problem then was never lack of games, but starting training too late and too soft. Honestly, two more or less matches make no difference and it is five. Fulham, the three in Asia and the most glorified friendly of all known as community shield.

Preseason is about fitness, not amount of friendlies. Conte is known to be anything but soft in his training sessions, so I wouldn't worry about it. In the end we added only the closed doors Fulham friendly. So 4 + CS. Don't need more

I know it was pre season but the way things are panning out it reminds me of the second season of the Mourinho return where bad media screwed our season with the Eva issue. But only this time it is Costa.

Hopefully Conte has a proper plan going in with such a depleted squad. I am really nervous not that we lost pre season but that we lack depth to compete in all the competitions 

• 6 months later...

Counting down to pre-season in Perth

THU 8 FEB 2018

Today, Chelsea Football Club makes our first announcement for the 2018/19 pre-season schedule, with a match against Perth Glory to take place at the brand new Optus Stadium on Monday 23 July.

We announced our forthcoming visit to Western Australia early last year, and the countdown is now on to the big day, with hospitality packages available now and general admission tickets on sale from next Thursday 15 February.

We will meet A-League Glory in the first football game to take place at the new stadium, kicking off the Blues’ 2018/19 campaign in style in front of over 60,000 fans.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/02/counting-down-to-pre-season-in-perth.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/content/cfc/en/homepage/landing-pages/misc/pre-season-2018-interest.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Chelsea's Premier League fixtures - 2018/19

Saturday August 11 Huddersfield Town away
Saturday August 18 Arsenal home
Saturday August 25 Newcastle United away
Saturday September 1 Bournemouth home
Saturday September 15 Cardiff City home
Saturday September 22 West Ham United away
Saturday September 29 Liverpool home
Saturday October 6 Southampton away
Saturday October 20 Manchester United home
Saturday October 27 Burnley away
Saturday November 3 Crystal Palace home
Saturday November 10 Everton home
Saturday November 24 Tottenham Hotspur away
Saturday December 1 Fulham home
Tuesday December 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers away
Saturday December 8 Manchester City home
Saturday December 15 Brighton and Hove Albion away
Saturday December 22 Leicester City home
Weds      December 26 Watford away
Saturday December 29 Crystal Palace away
Tuesday January 1 Southampton home
Saturday January 12 Newcastle United home
Saturday January 19 Arsenal away
Tuesday January 29 Bournemouth away
Saturday February 2 Huddersfield Town home
Saturday February 9 Manchester City away
Saturday February 23 Brighton and Hove Albion home
Weds      February 27 Tottenham Hotspur home
Saturday March 2 Fulham away
Saturday March 9 Wolverhampton Wanderers home
Saturday March 16 Everton away
Saturday March 30 Cardiff City away
Saturday April 6 West Ham United home
Saturday April 13 Liverpool away
Saturday April 20 Burnley home
Saturday April 27 Manchester United away
Saturday May 4 Watford home
Sunday May 12 Leicester City away

9 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Sitting eagerly waiting for the sse presale email to come through so I can get tickets for the arsenal match in dublin. Handy one for me since I'm Northern Ireland and itll (hopefully) Be my wee boys first chelsea game

Might pop over as it goes although I do think we will be vastly outnumbered by the Gooners.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Might pop over as it goes although I do think we will be vastly outnumbered by the Gooners.

Looking that way already. They've a big following down south. Plus arsenal have already released details of ticket sales. We in the other hand.....