The Pre-Season Thread

Great...

Will have to buy the tickets from the vitesse box office on the day of the game then.

Pre-season games should be open to non-members, it's not like it's going to be a sell out anyway.. <_<

Exactly. Means I have to fork out £53 on Monday for Vitesse & Portsmouth tickets and a membership.

Edit: Just though about the ganja I could have bought with that £25 instead of a membership. Disappointing times.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Means I have to fork out £53 on Monday for Vitesse & Portsmouth tickets and a membership.

Edit: Just though about the ganja I could have bought with that £25 instead of a membership. Disappointing times.

Lmao, Indeed. I shall gamble though, and get them on the day of the game, on the vitesse arnhem site it says..

'If still enough tickets available, the stadium ticket office at 14.00 pm.'

And obviously there will be tickets left, this isn't exactly the champions league final.

Why only 500 tickets for Vitesse? Can anyone explain?

However, I'm going there with approximately 30 others from the belgian supporters club.

How many for Portsmouth, I may have to wait til the 29th to get a 2nd ticket, do you think they will all sell out on 27th or will there still be some left- anyone know?

Why only 500 tickets for Vitesse? Can anyone explain?

However, I'm going there with approximately 30 others from the belgian supporters club.

We only took about 400 to Ajax away last pre-season. I'm guessing they're going on that. I doubt it will sell out to be honest.

How many for Portsmouth, I may have to wait til the 29th to get a 2nd ticket, do you think they will all sell out on 27th or will there still be some left- anyone know?

1022 tickets for Portsmouth although the website said 'an initial allocation' so depending on demand we could get more

http://www.vitesse.n...eannuleerd/1585

:censored: :censored: :censored::fainthv9:

The impact of André Villas-Boas's appointment as Chelsea manager has been felt by the Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem after the Portuguese succeeded in having next month's friendly in the Netherlands cancelled as it did not fit in with his pre-season preparations.

Chelsea's players are due to report back for training at Cobham next Monday, and the Vitesse fixture had been arranged under the previous regime for 9 July, just five days later. Villas-Boas considered that too soon for his senior squad to be involved in what had been billed as a prestige match in Arnhem, with Chelsea informing the Dutch club, with whom they enjoy a close relationship, that they would not be able to fulfil the fixture.

That has prompted considerable disappointment in the Netherlands, with Vitesse having anticipated a crowd of around 11,000 at their GelreDome stadium. "We were only informed over the weekend that the game could not now go ahead, and it was too late for us to arrange for an alternative opponent of similar stature to step in," said the Vitesse managing director, Paul van der Kraan.

"This has been very annoying consequences, especially for our supporters. We had gone to great lengths to organise this game, and our season-ticket holders were being offered this as a bonus match. They will now be compensated, and people who have purchased their tickets as a one-off will also get their money back. But it is a big disappointment for our club and our supporters."

Chelsea, who will offer their own fans refunds and have promised to reschedule the fixture for a future date, extended their apologies to the Dutch club for the inconvenience caused