Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Pre-Season thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Means I have to fork out £53 on Monday for Vitesse & Portsmouth tickets and a membership.

Edit: Just though about the ganja I could have bought with that £25 instead of a membership. Disappointing times.

http://www.vitesse.n...eannuleerd/1585

:censored: :censored: :censored::fainthv9:

The impact of André Villas-Boas's appointment as Chelsea manager has been felt by the Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem after the Portuguese succeeded in having next month's friendly in the Netherlands cancelled as it did not fit in with his pre-season preparations.

Chelsea's players are due to report back for training at Cobham next Monday, and the Vitesse fixture had been arranged under the previous regime for 9 July, just five days later. Villas-Boas considered that too soon for his senior squad to be involved in what had been billed as a prestige match in Arnhem, with Chelsea informing the Dutch club, with whom they enjoy a close relationship, that they would not be able to fulfil the fixture.

That has prompted considerable disappointment in the Netherlands, with Vitesse having anticipated a crowd of around 11,000 at their GelreDome stadium. "We were only informed over the weekend that the game could not now go ahead, and it was too late for us to arrange for an alternative opponent of similar stature to step in," said the Vitesse managing director, Paul van der Kraan.

"This has been very annoying consequences, especially for our supporters. We had gone to great lengths to organise this game, and our season-ticket holders were being offered this as a bonus match. They will now be compensated, and people who have purchased their tickets as a one-off will also get their money back. But it is a big disappointment for our club and our supporters."

Chelsea, who will offer their own fans refunds and have promised to reschedule the fixture for a future date, extended their apologies to the Dutch club for the inconvenience caused

Damn I'll be on holiday for our 2 first matches. Is it possible to find a download link for those 2 games few days later since they are pre-season?

I will look for you. They should be uploaded on this site when you get back :)

• Like 1

I will look for you. They should be uploaded on this site when you get back :)

Thanks mate :)

If you find anything send me the link through a PM because I don't want to risk seeing the result :P

Tommorow is our game against Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park!

Will there be any link or stream for watching this game?

It's a behind-closed-doors affair isn't it? If so, I highly doubt there will be a stream. AVB is probably using it as a training game to get a good understanding of the players/team.

It's a behind-closed-doors affair isn't it? If so, I highly doubt there will be a stream. AVB is probably using it as a training game to get a good understanding of the players/team.

I see even game against 3rd league team is taken so seriously by him. Great manager! chelseaflag.gif

Is anyone gonna Stream the Portsmouth game or do you guys know someone who will be streaming it?

Please link a Stream if u should find one, Cheers blue%20scalf.gif

• James unpinned this topic