The Pre-Season Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we only missing Mata and Luiz for pre season? Looks like I need to subscribe to chelsea tv to watch the matches.

Mata, Luiz, Sturridge, Bertrand, Romeu + all the players from the Euros will be coming back late.

I'd imagine all the Euro players will miss the Seattle game and perhaps the PSG game. Perhaps Cech might play a part, but would be too early for the rest.

England players and Malouda expected back to training on the 15/16th.

I'd imagine all the Euro players will miss the Seattle game and perhaps the PSG game. Perhaps Cech might play a part, but would be too early for the rest.

England players and Malouda expected back to training on the 15/16th.

Will Torres feature? He didnt play that much for Spain.

Will Torres feature? He didnt play that much for Spain.

Irrelevant. Didn't finish the tournament til Sunday and each player is given 21 days holiday minimum. And after theyd all need around a week/10 days training to get fit enough for a friendly.

Great Turnball in goal for most of pre-season.

I am getting kind of worried now though, if Torres doesnt find form/gets injured we will be relying on Sturridge/Lukaku as our main striker :(

Kevin De Bruyne just gave an interview to Belgian press saying he did train already individually with Marin today. All the other players (injury, Euro excluded) will join tomorrow. Says he will be loaned out probably, except if he plays a really good pre-season. Doesn't mind to get loaned out though, he added.

This may just sound ignorant, which I understand, but looking at some of the "Can't wait for pre-season! :D" tweets from some of our young players, I've had a thought:-

We'll likely take Chalobah, Piazon and Blackman from our youth ranks on the pre-season tour.

Chalobah because he's rated highly, Piazon because he had a good debut season, and Blackman because we need to take another GK.

The likes of Lalkovic, Feruz (although young), T.Kane etc. are simply lazy by the standards set by footballers in the 90's and before.

(Actually, you can probably apply the rest of this to almost all young footballers these days.)

Of course it's harder than it sounds to talk to the manager of a team even when you're in the youth/reserve ranks, but these guys really need to make more of an effort.

Go to the manager's office every day.

Constantly ask to go on the tour and be given a chance.

Give the manager phone-calls, texts, letters etc.

Have someone from within the club put in good words for you.

You can't get everywhere on talent alone.

I feel our young players are taking it for granted that they're at such a great club, and seem to just expect to get called upon when the time is right.

They should be begging for a shot; not just tweeting the occasional subliminal shot at the staff like I've seen many of our youngsters do.

It's already easily predictable that there will be tweets etc. sent out when some of our guys aren't selected for pre-season.

I guess this was more of a rant than anything else. I'm not even sure if it'll make sense. Cba reading over it. Meh.