The Pre-Season Thread

Rangers fan here. BBC website football rumours quotes Daily Record as saying Chelsea to visit Ibrox on 6th August. Can't find it anywhere else for confirmation but hope it's true. Great to have Chelsea back up here. Great football and great atmosphere. Love it when the Brothers in Blue get together. Rangers / Chelsea connection goes back to founding of Chelsea when Rangers people helped Chelsea get started. The Rangers blue strip and Lion were adopted by Chelsea as a mark of thanks to Rangers. The link between the clubs fell away but then kicked in again in 1971 when we came to The Bridge for the Ron Harris testimonial (I went to that game). Just continued to grow since then.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem to be having a lot of matches pre season, seems too many. Would love Chelsea to play Rangers again though, we should play them every year. I remember when i did this petition in 2007, got a nice response. May try n print it, send it and see how it goes. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/chelsea-vs-rangers/

i truly hope the club actually do something for the fans for a change. Everybody i know who is a Chelsea fan would love to go up to Rangers.We should play every year as a change to the constant shirt sale promotion tours : )

Few rumours flying around several Rangers forums that Chelsea will be going back to Ibrox on August 6th ?

Any truth in that ?

EDIT - Confirmed....Get in....I'll be going to this :delight:

i find it tough to understand why they would choose the 6th when they are playing Newcastle United home on the 7th. Really hope it happens , the club could finally give something to the fans , it should be a yearly fixture

Few rumours flying around several Rangers forums that Chelsea will be going back to Ibrox on August 6th ?

Any truth in that ?

EDIT - Confirmed....Get in....I'll be going to this :delight:

GET IN :D. dont care for this little link we have. i just wanna see my chelsea

Missed the first Chelsea Rangers friendly cant wait for this one !

Would have preferred a visit to the bridge but Ibrox will do blue%20scalf.gif

If anybody needs help for directions or where to go around glasgow gives a PM am sure you will be ok in any Rangers pub as the atmosphere was excellent the last time.

blue%20scalf.gif

Missed the first Chelsea Rangers friendly cant wait for this one !

Would have preferred a visit to the bridge but Ibrox will do blue%20scalf.gif

If anybody needs help for directions or where to go around glasgow gives a PM am sure you will be ok in any Rangers pub as the atmosphere was excellent the last time.

blue%20scalf.gif

What's the night out like up there!?