The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Do we have any cycling fans here? Surely I'm not the only one. There's loads of Belgian posters.

Anyway, I doubt this will make sense to most of you but I'm delighted to hear that Andy Schleck crashed out of the Criterium du Dauphine and will not be fit in time for the Tour de France, increasing the already high chances of Cadel Evans' defending the Maillot Jaune this year. However, it ruins from the spectacle of the event, as he is a pretty good cyclist and despite being a defensive git for the most part, he would have been forced to turn on his most aggressive mode due to the parcours this year heavily favouring roleurs like Evans and Wiggins, thus forcing climbers to really go for it in the mountains.

I reckon we'll have a bit of a snoozefest this year. Two roleurs on a course that heavily favours them, with no real threat. At least Alberto Contador will be back for the Vuelta a Espana.

Do we have any cycling fans here? Surely I'm not the only one. There's loads of Belgian posters.

Anyway, I doubt this will make sense to most of you but I'm delighted to hear that Andy Schleck crashed out of the Criterium du Dauphine and will not be fit in time for the Tour de France, increasing the already high chances of Cadel Evans' defending the Maillot Jaune this year. However, it ruins from the spectacle of the event, as he is a pretty good cyclist and despite being a defensive git for the most part, he would have been forced to turn on his most aggressive mode due to the parcours this year heavily favouring roleurs like Evans and Wiggins, thus forcing climbers to really go for it in the mountains.

I reckon we'll have a bit of a snoozefest this year. Two roleurs on a course that heavily favours them, with no real threat. At least Alberto Contador will be back for the Vuelta a Espana.

I wouldn't be surprised if you was the only cycling fan in the world...........

Was they actually watching? Or is it just the cycle paths are lined down busy high streets in order to get those turnout figures up? :Goober:

The roads you mean?

001STARTSTAGE17Fansonalpe-vi.jpg

The fans tend to go crazy on Alpe D'Huez. They had 600,000 packed on a 10 km stretch of road at the Alpe D'Huez a few years ago.

Wayne Rooneys new hairdo -cost £30 000 apparently.

How many starving kids in the World could have been saved instead of that aborration ??

It looks like Coleens pubes have been woven into Gary Nevilles moustache and stuck to his head with superglue. FFS

I admired Celtic Football club before I joined Off The Crossbar. The aggression they show towards us is kind of shocking. They hate they give us is on QPR/Liverpool levels.

Still better than http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum ; where they wish injury and death upon footballers.

On another note, I believe the word disappointed should not exist anymore. "Disappoint" should take its place as an adjective for.. disappoint.

Still better than http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum ; where they wish injury and death upon footballers.

On another note, I believe the word disappointed should not exist anymore. "Disappoint" should take its place as an adjective for.. disappoint.

The day internet culture and memes influence the English language to the point of altering syntax, I'll kill someone. Perhaps Moop or whatever his name is, the creator of 4chan.

Wayne Rooneys new hairdo -cost £30 000 apparently.

How many starving kids in the World could have been saved instead of that aborration ??

It looks like Coleens pubes have been woven into Gary Nevilles moustache and stuck to his head with superglue. FFS

£30000 for a fucking hair cut?! How is that even possible?