Gregory van der Wiel

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

I'm not sure what analogy you're trying to make there ...

The saying of Avg. Player.

Which was said a lot about Suarez when he was free to join a team, and Chelsea instead of getting on him went for Torres....

The saying of Avg. Player.

Which was said a lot about Suarez when he was free to join a team, and Chelsea instead of getting on him went for Torres....

I've watched him play for Ajax and Van der Wiel is an average player, it doesn't matter whether Suarez and Torres are/were.

Guest justin_3d

I've watched him play for Ajax and Van der Wiel is an average player, it doesn't matter whether Suarez and Torres are/were.

And i remember some people saying the same thing about Suarez.

That they watched him played for Ajax and that he was an avg. player, and it is why Liverpool going for avg. player etc etc.

And i remember some people saying the same thing about Suarez.

That they watched him played for Ajax and that he was an avg. player, and it is why Liverpool going for avg. player etc etc.

Don't see this going anywhere, you have your opinion, I have mine.

I don't get the hype this kid gets, every time i watch him play he gets raped by the opposing winger. People who watch Eredivisie would argue that VDW was the weakest link of Ajax defense in the last campaign.

Suarez was the best player in Eredivisie for the last couple years ffs, nothing close to this overrated RB.

Why is it Torres name always gets randomly thrown out in every thread?rolleyes.gif

Guest justin_3d

Because it was the same with Ibra, till he did good with Milan.

At the moment Torres is the biggest flop in history and biggest waste of money.

Till he proves otherwise he will be the reference as the biggest mistake by a club!

Guest justin_3d

Look at this, Ibra was the biggest flop in history for Barcelona...and till a certain extend he still is, but he did good with Milan, that it got some monkeys of his back.

Torres is and still is a major flop. If he wins the golden boot and help Chelsea win the PL, then yes all criticism will cease to exist!

For the record, I don't see how people call Zlatan a flop at Barcelona when he scored 22 goals in his only season there. I believe he scored more goals for Barcelona in 09/10 than he did last year for Milan.

When Torres wins the golden boot and we win the league, will you have faith in him then?

However this is a thread on VdW, so let's get back on track...

Look at this, Ibra was the biggest flop in history for Barcelona...and till a certain extend he still is, but he did good with Milan, that it got some monkeys of his back.

Torres is and still is a major flop. If he wins the golden boot and help Chelsea win the PL, then yes all criticism will cease to exist!

Yup call Torres a flop after 3 months of football because obviously he was only signed for three months, and never mind the whole Chelsea squad flopped last year. facepalm.gif

Back on topic: VDW is not good enough, and i know we have Chelsea supporters who follow Eredivisie and i am sure they will say the same.

Guest justin_3d

Yup call Torres a flop after 3 months of football because obviously he was only signed for three months, and never mind the whole Chelsea squad flopped last year. facepalm.gif

Back on topic: VDW is not good enough, and i know we have Chelsea supporters who follow Eredivisie and i am sure they will say the same.

I will talk of Torres at his threads from now on.

But back on topic, VDW is not good enough?

Surely he cannot be worse then Bosingwa, and Kalou?

:offtopic:

3 months of abysmal performance is not sufficient to judge a player on? people need to understand that Torres is not been judged for his lack of goals alone but more importantly his overall performance and contribution to the team.. . . his body language was off, first touch, movement on and off the ball, shooting and passing were of amateurish standards/piss poor and that's my problem with Torres. If he was doing every other thing right apart from scoring, majority of Torres critic would have been a lot lot more lenient on him.

I will talk of Torres at his threads from now on.

But back on topic, VDW is not good enough?

Surely he cannot be worse then Bosingwa, and Kalou?

There is a reason why Kalou and Bosingwa are the first names to come up when discussing players who should leave.

Kalou is a forward, don't know where you going with that.

Guest justin_3d

There is a reason why Kalou and Bosingwa are the first names to come up when discussing players who should leave.

Kalou is a forward, don't know where you going with that.

Fair enough, but we still need a RB.

Ivan is a good defender, but not nearly good enough as Bosingwa was when he first started.

We need a RB like that, with speed, flair, attacking mind.

I still can't see where the optimism is coming from tbh. Torres has been shit for the last 18 months and even struggles to score for the most creative national team on the planet. (Spain). so far he's shown absolutely no promising signs. I will gladly put my money on Demba ba to outscore Torres next season at odds of 3/1 or more.. . . that's how low my level of confidence in Torres is.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You