Ramires

Personally I think he's overrated and judging from what I've seen of him, he isn't worth such an exorbitant amount of money.

Anyone who is young and a decent player to have has my backing! After all, we do need proper young players who we are going to get the best out of for a few years at least. Especially when we've lost the likes of Joe Cole, Ballack and Deco (pretty much), you would expect someone to come in as a replacement who has just as good quality.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I diagree. I think he's better than Mikel to be honest, I'll admit Mikel is a great player, he's shown much improvement in the recent season. However, Ramires has played much better especially for his nation team Brazil. Him and Gilberto at the world cup had a fantastic partnership for the team, a partnership I hope him and Essien can emulate. The great thing about that relationship is, they can support the attack as well as the back, Ramires is also a good goal scorer, he's got a good head. Unfortunately, Mikel's not that good in that area.

Ramires managed to miss clean chance, when he was alone in front of the goal.

And i must add that i like Mikel's game, i know that Carlo also likes it.

MIkel is a pure DM. Ramires is more of a box to box player like Essien. Like 'BlueDrew' has mentioned above - Would we be better off with him? - Absolutely. And I think 16m is pretty decent amount of cash for a Brazil International. I dont see it as overpaying.

I think that he is a real good player that is only gonna get better. He can be great for us for a long time. I think that Mikel is underrated and does his DM job great. But to have ramires will add depth. he or mikel would be great as a starter. We could rotate our midfield so that no one eta too tired. And when we have champions league people can get their needed rest

MIkel is a pure DM. Ramires is more of a box to box player like Essien. Like 'BlueDrew' has mentioned above - Would we be better off with him? - Absolutely. And I think 16m is pretty decent amount of cash for a Brazil International. I dont see it as overpaying.

mikel is only DM for us ,,,not for nigeria ...we converted him to that role ...perhaps one day we release him from the shackles and see the real

Obi,,,,,

Absolutely spot on!! :goodpost:

Mikel is a bit of a slug and is lacking as of late (heart) in my eyes. Bring on ramires. BIG STRONG n SLOW is not better then QUICK n CREATIVE in the midfield.

are you sure? i absolutly dont get why this boy is so underrated by us, he es an EXTRAORDENARY Player...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lLBwqGvM-0&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lLBwqGvM-0&feature=related

Edited by Clevemayer

Mikel is a bit of a slug and is lacking as of late (heart) in my eyes. Bring on ramires. BIG STRONG n SLOW is not better then QUICK n CREATIVE in the midfield.

Now, now... don't be silly. :lol:

Describing Mikel as a slug really is laughable. In the past year or so he's improved and developed massively; but by no means is he yet the finished article. I wouldn't say he's particularly slow, either, nor would I say he lacks heart. He's a committed player, in my opinion, and one I'm glad we've got at the club- and this wasn't my opinion of him, say, a year ago...

Wow why does everyone underrate Mikel so much? Is it because his position makes him less visible? He's a damn good young defensive mid. He's improved exponentially in the past couple of seasons. Yes he makes the odd mistake, and his mistakes tend to attract more attention because of where he plays, but he is the future of our midfield and it's high time atleast Chelsea fans start appreciating what he does for the team. He's not going to score goals so stop expecting that from him and slagging him off when he doesn't.

Returning to Ramires, I'm a bit skeptical about him because I don't know what he's going to bring to us apart from lots of running and an option on the bench in case Essien gets injured. For me he's a bit neither here not there as in neither very creative nor very sound defensively, an in-between if you like. Yes he'll run and run and that's why he's been called a 'box-to-box' mid by many, but is he anything more than ordinary at either of the roles in that position? I'm not sure.

how long have you been watching mikel

mikel does a very thankless task ,,,he was an attacking midfielder won awards at U17 WC ,,,he was converted into the makalele role by jose.

this position normally one occupied by a very experienced player ...watch him play in a more forward role for nigeria and you may realise just how

wrong your assessment was

Edited by zolayes

I would say technically mikel is better than he has better control of the ball, ramires will get involved in the game much more in a defensive and attacking sense. Ramires can also play on the right side of a 4 man midfield, i would sign him he can make a difference to our midfield he will add pace and aggression !

wish some people would realise that Mikel and Ramires are both very good players and with both of them at 23 years of age,still improving...also that they are different players with different skill sets who are not in competition for that one starting DM role.

Exactly... If Mikel was playing at Arsenal, people world over would have been singing praises of him by now... No one realizes that he has been part of the first team since he was 20 and that too for a tactical position as DM... For me Mikel is a potential world class player...

Ramires is equally good as well, though not a pure DM.. he likes pushing fwd on counter attacks and will suit our system and take Bally's position in our squad.. Only thing is if he comes, Mikel will be found a lot more on bench than in the starting 11... Carlo will have to do a lot of rotation in his midfield 3 to keep every1 happy.

Agree with a lot of the latest comments on this. Mikel is a great DM, especially because we had to mould him into one, the transition was great. At the same time, it wouldn't be the worst transfer in the world to get Ramires. We don't have to use him as a DM, it's well noted he can play on the right so he adds an extra versatility to our midfield. The prospect of having Essien, Ramires and Mikel in our midfield is a great thing, they're both defensive midfielder and two of them are much more attacking. It would be a great support to have for both strikers and defenders. Not to mention all 3 are both quite young and have many many seasons left in them

Can we please have a separate thread for actual NEWS regarding transfers and not discussion on players and even discussion on players the players might affect. I don't want to trawl through pages of peoples opinions when I really just want news and developments or things people might know or inside info. A separate thread for that would be really useful.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You