Ramires

Man City wants EVERYBODY.... Ramires and the Brazilian type futbol is exactly what we need. It would be a good influence and style for the team.

CJ REVO

I would not worry much about alex and keep it

----------Zhirkov--------Ivanovic----------Terry--------Cole----------

doesn't have to be that order but these four should be the staple.

I like Alex dont get me wrong.. but sometimes when hes left in the back he seems to be a lil faulty and he makes me nervous, dunno though. zhirkov has been really strong lately.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We better be careful with this if the transfer goes through. Kia Joorabchian was the man responsible for the Tevez and Mascherano transfers to West Ham which resulted in them paying £25 million in fines and compensation. Don't want to tarnish our image even more after the Kakuta saga.

We better be careful with this if the transfer goes through. Kia Joorabchian was the man responsible for the Tevez and Mascherano transfers to West Ham which resulted in them paying £25 million in fines and compensation. Don't want to tarnish our image even more after the Kakuta saga.

Yeah exactly, we could get another transfer ban, or a massive fine! I mean, we went through all that pain last time, we don't want it to happen again!

Yup, I guess that is the reason it is talking so long to announce this transfer as well... Anywes, hope everything gets sorted out quickly enough for him to travel with the squad for the German friendlies... Now on to Neymar pls.. whistling.gif

From an article i read it would appear that we have to pay Benfica the full amount. It is then down to Benfica to sort out what they pay to Joorabchian, and once all that has been dealt with we can announce the signing.

Yes, the Premier League rules state that we cannot make any direct payments to third party owners.. So we will have to pay the entire sum to Benfica and then it would be upto them to give Kia and others their share..

Blues close to Ramires signing.

Chelsea continue to be linked with moves for Benfica players reports the Guardian, with Brazilian midfielder Ramires their latest target. Ramires is expected to complete a move worth £16.8m this week with the Portuguese club also entitled to performance-related bonuses. Ramires - a competitive midfielder who appears well suited to the Premier League - is 50% owned by Kia Joorabchian, famous for his part in bringing Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to the Premier League.

Do we really need him? I'd much rather see Mikel, Essien and Lampard in the midfield and £16 million go towards another goalkeeper.

exactly.

and 16m is ridiculous for a potential on & off substitute when we can just play a youngster.

Do we really need him? I'd much rather see Mikel, Essien and Lampard in the midfield and £16 million go towards another goalkeeper.

Ramires for a DM is ten times quicker than Mikel, and he attacks more, which is just what we need, and you wouldn't be concerned about him not getting back because with Essien in the same side, he would be the defensive cover.

and £16 million for a keeper? seriously? That's a bit pricey for a keeper who won't be guaranteed to play in every game during the season.

Edited by CJ Revo

I diagree. I think he's better than Mikel to be honest, I'll admit Mikel is a great player, he's shown much improvement in the recent season. However, Ramires has played much better especially for his nation team Brazil. Him and Gilberto at the world cup had a fantastic partnership for the team, a partnership I hope him and Essien can emulate. The great thing about that relationship is, they can support the attack as well as the back, Ramires is also a good goal scorer, he's got a good head. Unfortunately, Mikel's not that good in that area.

Ramires is ten times quicker than Mikel, and he attacks more, which is just what we need, and you wouldn't be concerned about that because with Essien in the same side, he would be the defensive cover.

and £16 million for a keeper? seriously? That's a bit pricey for a keeper who won't be guaranteed to play in every game during the season.

or we just keep the 16m so we (potentially) don't have to rename stamford bridge.

Ramires for a DM is ten times quicker than Mikel, and he attacks more, which is just what we need, and you wouldn't be concerned about him not getting back because with Essien in the same side, he would be the defensive cover.

I said that money should go towards a goalkeeper, I'm not saying splash out more than we paid for Pete.

I'm not Ramires' biggest fan but should he come he'd certainly have my backing. Personally I think he's overrated and judging from what I've seen of him, he isn't worth such an exorbitant amount of money.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You