Ramires

I think you are forgeting that Lamps is 32 right now. And that Carlo really likes playing 4-4-2 so I won't be surprised if Ramies was our 3rd transfer this summer.

Edited by Manuf

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we sign him, fantastic. I'm not his biggest fan, but he is only 23 and people are right when they say he will add something else to the team. My only concern is that I don't think we need a new midfielder as much as we need another forward or goalkeeper.

Ooookaaaay, so what does it exactly represents?

Ramires is a pure gladiator like what Essien is he never gives up to the last second, im really glad he will be a chelsea player in a few days time hopefully.

Well if we sign him, fantastic. I'm not his biggest fan, but he is only 23 and people are right when they say he will add something else to the team. My only concern is that I don't think we need a new midfielder as much as we need another forward or goalkeeper.

I don't agree with you at all ... we have Cech and very promising Delač and Šebek in GK postion so I think we don't need new goalkeepers. In attack we have the starting trio Malouda, Drogba and Anelka, good subs like Zhirkov, Kalou, Benayoun and very promising youngster like Kakuta, Stturidge and Borini. In midfield we have Lamps, Essien and Mikel for starters and Matič, Mancienne for back up ... we can also play Zhirkov and Malouda here but if Malouda gets injured we can't use Zhirkov who is a replacement for left wing. Our midfield is way the short, especially now that we released Ballack, Belletti, J.Cole and probably Deco ... I am sorry but I don't trust Matič and Mancienne (if he stays) in a CL semi final game against Barcelona if Lamps or Essien get injured. We need at least 1 if not 2 midfielders, one ofensive and one defensive. Ramires could replace Ballack and a guy like Ozil could replace Deco and we would be a lot better than last year, then we buy a guy like Aguero or Neymar and you have IMO the best team in Europe rolleyes.gif

Yes we have great youth prospects in that position but let's be realistic; Hilario and Turnbull are hardly reliable and we're not going to play either of the kids. Like you say, if Cech's out injured for that Champions League semi final you're alluding to, are we going to stick in Delac? Nope.

Ramires is a pure gladiator like what Essien is he never gives up to the last second

+ 1

I actually like the idea of Ramires and Essien in the same midfield. Although the similarity of their style could scupper their performance, look at what happened when Lampard and Ballack played in the same side, or in the early England days when Lampard and Gerrard tried to gel as a midfield pairing...

I honestly don't get people. First people shit themselves that we've got an aging squad and we need to sign people then when we look like signing someone it's all oh no this isn't the kind of signing we need to make blah blah. Literally there is no pleasing some people.

I honestly don't get people. First people shit themselves that we've got an aging squad and we need to sign people then when we look like signing someone it's all oh no this isn't the kind of signing we need to make blah blah. Literally there is no pleasing some people.

Haha with you on that.

We need a central midfielder, especially with the fitness of Mikel and Essien over the past two years.

Belletti, Joe, Ballack and Deco all out, too. Can't rely on Mikel, Essien and Frank for the whole season.

We need a central midfielder, especially with the fitness of Mikel and Essien over the past two years.

Belletti, Joe, Ballack and Deco all out, too. Can't rely on Mikel, Essien and Frank for the whole season.

totally agree with you mate!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You