Ramires

Benfica midfielder Ramires has pleaded with the club to resolve his transfer to Chelsea and release him for his "dream move" to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea's bid of €20 million is on the table and the Brazilian star is waiting to hear whether or not it is going to be accepted. However, the player has now spoken out in the hope that his desire to move to England gets the ball rolling.

"I know there has been a bid for me from Chelsea, this is a great honour, it is like a dream come true,'' he said in quotes obtained by Soccernet. "I have dreamt of playing in the Premier League and now to have the opportunity to play for the best team in the Premier League and for a club with so much history - it would be my dream.

"I hope this can happen, and I hope that I can help Chelsea to regain the Double and also to win the Champions League next season

"I am looking forward to playing with the likes of John Terry, Petr Cech, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, they are amongst the best in the world, to play with players like this under a manager of the stature of Carlo Ancelotti whom I admire and respect, in a club with so much spirit and winning mentality, would be a tremendous privilege.

|| ESPN Soccernet ||

"In the process I would like everyone to know I had a fantastic year at Benfica, and I respect them a lot, but this is a dream that I cannot let go."

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest THE BEAST

well i think we are gonna get him we desperately need a midfielder specially with his qualities . i think the club will figure it out , they have to

are you sure about that? Where did you read about that? Can you find a source?

Many moons ago now... But I found the quote again for you:

"I am going there to play a beautiful season so that afterwards I can join another big European club."

Chelsea are still on track to sign Neymar from Santos and Ramires from Benfica, though Blues owner Roman Abramovich is refusing to pay an inflated price for the Brazilian pair.

Both Santos and Benfica have been attempting to drive up the price of their in-demand Brazilians, but Abramovich insists he will not spend more than £20 million on each player.

A source close to the Neymar deal told Soccernet: "There is still a good chance this deal will go through. However, Roman Abramovich will not sanction the 35 million euro buyout clause.

"The talks are ongoing, the player wants to come to Chelsea and we everyone involved is currently still working on it."

And despite Ramires claiming on Thursday that he would love to secure a "dream" move to Stamford Bridge, the transfer fee has yet to be agreed and appears to remain a sticking point.

A source close to the Ramires talks told Soccernet: "There is progress, but it is steady, and there could be developments shortly.

"There is no doubt the player has set is heart on moving to Chelsea, and he had informed Benfica of his desire to go to Stamford Bridge. It is only a matter of time, and perhaps adjusting the price."

While the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal are also proving reluctant to pay big money for players, Manchester City are bucking the trend by spending over the odds to bring players to Eastlands.

Abramovich did the same when he first arrived in west London, but a new era of relative prudence appears to have been ushered in at Stamford Bridge.

---------------------------------------

Source:- Soccernet & ESPN

---------------------------------------

Well if Roman isn't going to spend more than £20 million for a player, then I reckon that pretty much ousts any chance of signing Aguero. But this is good news I reckon! We're still chasing Ramires!

Edited by CJ Revo

Like shevchenko ?

Really? You considered Sheva to be a superstar when he joined us? Great player no doubt, but he was bought by Roman, not Mourinho, maybe because Roman wanted a fellow Russian speaker around Cobham. Anyway, signings go wrong, just as some go right. If nothing else, a big-name atleast sells shirts.

Edited by Madmax201010

I think that all of this twaddle about him possibly staying at Benfica, is just so that they can squeeze every last million out of us. But they know as well as anyone, (unless they can be talked round) that keeping a player who has ambitions and desires elsewhere has more of a chance of having a poor season.

Any player will tell you that if that happens to you during your career, you find it difficult to make a name for yourself because there will be other players waiting to take over the popularity. Ramires realises that he can achieve something with us. The bottom line is, Benfica really should take the bait and sell him to us, otherwise, get ready for some fireworks between Ramires and Benfica representatives.

Ancelotti is getting interviewed at some point this evening, so we'll know from him where the developments are at. I'm sure he's going to say some positive things about Ramires!

I think the Ramires deal will probably happen, interesting if he inherited the number 4 shirt, worn by that lil french legend Makelele :)

WELL, i hope it does, being optimistic haha :)

The only thing i dont like is Kia Joorachian being involved, and like 'owning' a greater percentage in the player than Benfica currently do.

He's a bit dodge, and i'm pretty sure he was involved in the Mascherano-Tevez situation with West Ham.

But regardless, i hope we do sign the lil bugger haha :)

Ok I dont know about the rest of ya but im completly confused if Ramires is actually going to come or not. We'v all read the story about him apparantly saying he really wants to come and Stanford bridgewould be his 'Dream Move". But then once again that was apparantly all a lie and Benfica denies him ever saying that. I would just like to know your oppinions on if hes still coming and when the deal will finally be fucking signed??

Ok I dont know about the rest of ya but im completly confused if Ramires is actually going to come or not. We'v all read the story about him apparantly saying he really wants to come and Stanford bridgewould be his 'Dream Move". But then once again that was apparantly all a lie and Benfica denies him ever saying that. I would just like to know your oppinions on if hes still coming and when the deal will finally be fucking signed??

I think the delay is to do with the 40% ownership that guy has over him. Premier League rules don't allow players to be owned by a 3rd party any more after the whole Tevez/Mascherano debacle. They don't allow clubs to make direct payments to the 3rd Party either so it's up to Benfica to buy out the 40% and then sell Ramires. Until this happens the transfer won't happen.

Wouldn't mind if the deal falls through (not even sure if Chelsea actually made a bid..)

Ramires is a CM/DM and i think those positions are well stocked. For the DM role we have Essien and Mikel. For CM role we have Lamps and Matic. I would much rather see a great playmaker/midfield maestro join our team as i think that kind of player is the missing link to our midfield-three.

Matic has great potential and Ramires joining our team would really limit his game time. That would be a real waste so i would much rather spend that money on a playmaker type of player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You