Ramires

Benfica midfielder Ramires has pleaded with the club to resolve his transfer to Chelsea and release him for his "dream move" to Stamford Bridge.

ramiresbenfica20100723_275x155.jpgGettyImages

Ramires' performances for Benfica and Brazil have caught Carlo Ancelotti's eye.

Chelsea's bid of €20 million is on the table and the Brazilian star is waiting to hear whether or not it is going to be accepted. However, the player has now spoken out in the hope that his desire to move to England gets the ball rolling.

"I know there has been a bid for me from Chelsea, this is a great honour, it is like a dream come true,'' he said. "I have dreamt of playing in the Premier League and now to have the opportunity to play for the best team in the Premier League and for a club with so much history - it would be my dream.

"I hope this can happen, and I hope that I can help Chelsea to regain the Double and also to win the Champions League next season

"I am looking forward to playing with the likes of John Terry, Petr Cech, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, they are amongst the best in the world, to play with players like this under a manager of the stature of Carlo Ancelotti whom I admire and respect, in a club with so much spirit and winning mentality, would be a tremendous privilege.

"In the process I would like everyone to know I had a fantastic year at Benfica, and I respect them a lot, but this is a dream that I cannot let go."

ESPN just reported this. i hope this means we are going to sign him but you dont always know with espn soccernet. hope since it's a quote and he said it, its true

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benfica midfielder Ramires has pleaded with the club to resolve his transfer to Chelsea and release him for his "dream move" to Stamford Bridge.

ramiresbenfica20100723_275x155.jpgGettyImages

Ramires' performances for Benfica and Brazil have caught Carlo Ancelotti's eye.

Chelsea's bid of €20 million is on the table and the Brazilian star is waiting to hear whether or not it is going to be accepted. However, the player has now spoken out in the hope that his desire to move to England gets the ball rolling.

"I know there has been a bid for me from Chelsea, this is a great honour, it is like a dream come true,'' he said. "I have dreamt of playing in the Premier League and now to have the opportunity to play for the best team in the Premier League and for a club with so much history - it would be my dream.

"I hope this can happen, and I hope that I can help Chelsea to regain the Double and also to win the Champions League next season

"I am looking forward to playing with the likes of John Terry, Petr Cech, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, they are amongst the best in the world, to play with players like this under a manager of the stature of Carlo Ancelotti whom I admire and respect, in a club with so much spirit and winning mentality, would be a tremendous privilege.

"In the process I would like everyone to know I had a fantastic year at Benfica, and I respect them a lot, but this is a dream that I cannot let go."

ESPN just reported this. i hope this means we are going to sign him but you dont always know with espn soccernet. hope since it's a quote and he said it, its true

We've heard something like this before. Until I see news on the official Chelsea site saying "Ramires is a new Chelsea player" I won't get overexcited.

Btw. I'd rather see him in number 13 shirt ;)

ramiresv.jpg

:delight: :delight:

I would Love to see Ramires in the Blue of Chelsea I'v been following him play for over a year now and he is a true warrior and will never give up. He's very similar to Essien but with alot of pace he known as the "blue Kenyan" so in a Chelsea jersey he should fit right in LOL.

4-3-3

Cech

Ashley John Terry David Luiz Ivanovic

Ramires Essien

Lamps

Malouda Gael Kakuta

Drogba

This is How I hope we line up against United For the Community Shield blue%20scalf.gif

I would Love to see Ramires in the Blue of Chelsea I'v been following him play for over a year now and he is a true warrior and will never give up. He's very similar to Essien but with alot of pace he known as the "blue Kenyan" so in a Chelsea jersey he should fit right in LOL.

4-3-3

Cech

Ashley John Terry David Luiz Ivanovic

Ramires Essien

Lamps

Malouda Gael Kakuta

Drogba

This is How I hope we line up against United For the Community Shield blue%20scalf.gif

Drogba is injuried, Malouda plays on left and Luiz is too expensive ;)

Drogba is injuried, Malouda plays on left and Luiz is too expensive ;)

I dont know how it looks on your PC but on mine Flo is on the Left, u must be what you call a pessimist but ok I do agree Drogs probably wont make the starting 11. But That would be our strongest starting team, O yes and take a look at Luiz's Bio on the Benfica Website it says (CB) plus he would be valuable in the CB role as he would bring alot of pace which we have more than enough out wide!

I dont know how it looks on your PC but on mine Flo is on the Left, u must be what you call a pessimist but ok I do agree Drogs probably wont make the starting 11. But That would be our strongest starting team, O yes and take a look at Luiz's Bio on the Benfica Website it says (CB) plus he would be valuable in the CB role as he would bring alot of pace which we have more than enough out wide!

Ok, sorry he is on the left, my mistake, usually people write it the other way around.

I don't know how can I be pessimist? By saying that Drogba won't make it? It's because he won't. He had a surgery and needs rest. And I don't think our club is so stupid to buy young defender for over 30 mln when we have every defensive position covered by both experienced and young players awaiting for their chance.

Edited by Manuf

Ok, sorry he is on the left usually people write the other way around. I don't know how can I be pessimist? Saying that Drogba won't make it? It's because he won't. He had a surgery and needs rest. And I don't think our club is so stupid to buy young defender for over 30 mln when we have every defensive position covered by experienced and by young players.

Ok a pessimist isnt the right word sorry, just got a little ahead of myself lol, But come on dude I know we have some incredible talent in our youth academy in all areas of the field with the likes Of Gael,Bruma,Josh,Aanholt,Connor C and many more. But As im sure you know King Carlo loves Brazilians and gets the best outa them and to add to that we have a BILLIONAIRE owner who is Hungry for Champions League and so am I lol and im sure u are to. So I do agree our squad is amazing as it is but, we'r going to be playing for first place in every competition which is a shit lowd of games so we need to add atleast two more players. Therefore no matter what the price I think we Defiantly try sign Ramires and Luiz aaaand if we are very lucky Neymar these additions could make us European Champions :) UP BLUESblue%20scalf.gif

yea.. i knw.. but i had prefer CBs to have that number in general... And since he is a like for like replacement for Bally, I thought 13 wud be more apt.. Anyywes, as long as its a chelsea jersey that he is wearing in one month's time, I had be happy blue%20scalf.gif

Ramirez did not speak the English media

Sport Lisboa e Benfica belies the player Ramires has issued any statement to British media, so that any citation of the word athlete is unwarranted and not true.

http://www.slbenfica.pt/Informacao/Futebol/Noticias/noticiasfutebol_futdesmentidoramires_290710_64763.asp

LOL. Ridiculous now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You