Mesut Özil

Swoopz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get too carried away lads,we signed a player from Liverpool and he is 30 (i really think he is a good and proven player don't get me wrong).You really think we are going to sing one of the biggest talents in Europe?

Of course not.

With all these comparisons to Ozil and Kakuta/McEachran, i would to remind people of thwe quote from Buddha that is in my sig.

"In 3 or 4 years" there maybe an oppertunity that comes to McEachran and Kakuta and they could do either, fail or succeed, but to judge that from NOW is surely ridicoulous. The players should be based on quality in the present time and then have an assessed value which they could improve on or possibly fall under. One example, Cherno Samba was regarded as the next big thing and now no-one knows his name.

Mark Nicholls, Rhys Evans, some more names.

Back on subject (on Ozil) I think he would be a great addition to the team, and gives the right indication for the future.

Also, my sig also contains a picture with Sturridge with Future of Chelsea, which is based on the good quality he has shown so far in his performances in a Chelsea shirt and the fact that he looks to be a sharp individual.

Ozil rules out move to Premier League - for now

Last Updated: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 14:06

Germany star Mezut Ozil has pledged his immediate future to Werder Bremen, ending speculation of a move to Chelsea or Arsenal.

The 21-year-old has become a household name after a string of impressive performances at the World Cup in South Africa.

The midfielder only has one year left on his deal with the Bundesliga club, sparking interest from the Premier League duo as well as Spanish giants Barcelona.

However, Ozil has quashed that speculation by declaring his intention to see out his contract in Germany.

Ozil told Bild am Sonntag: "Bremen want me to fulfil the contract and so I will fulfil the contract.

"I have always said that I want to fulfil my contract. That is important for me. Money isn't everything."

Speaking of a possible contract extension, he said: "It's not out of the question. We can take another look mid-season."

source

Bremen being silly..Oezil being smart.

Bremen will get nothing and Oezil will get to take his pick of where he goes depending on who offers him the best deal next summer.

Smart kid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of stories doing the rounds this morning linking us with Ozil. Us and Barcelona leading the chase with us having had better discussions with Bremen than Barca. This would be a cracking deal if we can do it, doubly so considering the fee we would pay, to be honest we would be mad not to get involved considering a playmaker we could certainly do with....

Lots of stories doing the rounds this morning linking us with Ozil. Us and Barcelona leading the chase with us having had better discussions with Bremen than Barca. This would be a cracking deal if we can do it, doubly so considering the fee we would pay, to be honest we would be mad not to get involved considering a playmaker we could certainly do with....

Iv seen alota storys linking us to Ozil but do of any of them have any fact behind them they seem to be all Reports, do you have any info that may really link us to the German forward?

If he is going anywhere, it seems he is Man Ure bound. All the sources seemed to have indicate that Ferguson is going to bid for him, and shit like that, but oh well, would have Matic have bigger part in the team then.

Differing reports flying around. Some saying that Barca have agreed a dela with Bremen, others that Bremen know nothing of a deal with Barca and that Chelsea are in the lead. I am sure a player of this type with the price that he would be available at i am sure that Us, Barca and Man U are all probably trying to sign him. Like Fabregas i think Ozil would be mad to go to Barca with all the midfielders they have there, who is he going to displace? Time will tell on this one, but one thing is for sure whoever does end up with him will be getting a very good deal.