Mesut Özil

Swoopz

This kid is on the brink of becoming the next big sensation in soccer, and today he single handedly devastated Australia's defense. His vision is impeccable, his passing is precise and accurate, and his speed is deadly. Gentlemen, follow this kid closely throughout the World Cup and you will surely be impressed!

http://www.mostlymaths.net/2010/06/world-cup-2010-promising-young-player.html

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a very good young player but to say ripping Australia apart is a massive achievement i wouldn't quite go that far. Australia's defence is slow and past it. There positioning is a joke.

He still has a lot to learn but i'm sure he will become one of the worlds best with time. You are right about his passing and his vision. He looks the goods.

He was brilliant last night. First time I had really seen the guy play. If he can be consistent throughout the world cup, he's going to cost £20m+. But, playing like that consistently, he'd probably be worth it.

Like the above says though, needs to cut the diving out.

Looked a class player. But always worry about signing players only on the basis of a good world cup, if however it was a player we had already targeted and they had a good world cup then that is different.

I have watched him in the Bundesliga quite a few times.. Brilliant at times, but lacks the consistency.. Could be because of his age.. But definitely worth a shot imo.. would be a perfect fit into the right side of our midfield 3...

I watched hm quite a lot in Bundesliga and in friendly matches with Germany. He was fantastic and has an amazing vison, passing ability and can really dictate the tempo. He needs to work on his consistency, finishing and a little more body muscle. I really think he can become one of the best midfielders in the world and I think he is exactly the player we need in our midfield to replace Deco and Ballack. I am just afraid Werder will set a big price on him maybe even more than 30mil €.

I watched him first in Werder's run to the UEFA Cup final a few years back; he was stunningly good then. Was also brilliant in the U21s Euro Championships last summer and impressed me once again. This is the type of player we need, not fucking Benayoun!

I have heard good things about him and I was impressed with his performance the other day. However it was only Australia and a good WC often often over inflate a players asking price. His club will probably want an extra 10-15 million now!

Have you seen hsi goal today ?? It was a real beauty and his overall performance was also good. He has impressed me in Werder Bremen shirt this year and he is fantastic in this WC so i really hope we buy him because we need a playmaker. His finishing isn't so perfect (like the 1on1 chance he had in 1st half) but he is only 21 years old and can learn alot and I think he could really develope in one of the best midfielders in the world in a few years.