Mesut Özil

Swoopz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozil is a very interesting player... the problem is that now is a battler of time for him.... is very posible that he want to go from his actual Club... the problem is.. Where does he want to go??... He is another Kaka... Dreaming with Madrid... or he needs to thing about where he is going to play most... or the thing is the Money?? Is all up to him... and Money is the only maybe the only good thing that we can win this one...

Your grammar is perfect, but you lack sentence structure. It always takes me a good 10min to understand your posts, its as if youre speaking with a translator haha! You are right though!

Ozil is a very interesting player... the problem is that now is a battler of time for him.... is very posible that he want to go from his actual Club... the problem is.. Where does he want to go??... He is another Kaka... Dreaming with Madrid... or he needs to thing about where he is going to play most... or the thing is the Money?? Is all up to him... and Money is the only maybe the only good thing that we can win this one...

Your grammar is perfect, but you lack sentence structure. It always takes me a good 10min to understand your posts, its as if youre speaking with a translator haha! You are right though!

is impossible to tell if Kakuta or McEachran are better than Ozil..certainly impossible to prove it because Ozil has played plenty of games against elite,world class defenders and midfielders and made them look like sunday league players.

Geal or Josh has not faced such opposition..(i know Kakuta has had brief cameos in a couple of games.but nothing on the scale Ozil has done it).....really guys i`m as impressed with them as anyone at this point of their young careers..but there`s so many former teenage sensations that are now bricklayers,bartenders etc or worse..playing for Walsall....that it`s best to try to keep your hopes for them as just that and not hinder their growth by giving them crowns to wear that they have yet to earn.

is impossible to tell if Kakuta or McEachran are better than Ozil..certainly impossible to prove it because Ozil has played plenty of games against elite,world class defenders and midfielders and made them look like sunday league players.

Geal or Josh has not faced such opposition..(i know Kakuta has had brief cameos in a couple of games.but nothing on the scale Ozil has done it).....really guys i`m as impressed with them as anyone at this point of their young careers..but there`s so many former teenage sensations that are now bricklayers,bartenders etc or worse..playing for Walsall....that it`s best to try to keep your hopes for them as just that and not hinder their growth by giving them crowns to wear that they have yet to earn.

Actually McEachran is an under 17 champion of the world so I firmly believe that in 3 or 4 years time he is going to be better than Ozil.

Actually McEachran is an under 17 champion of the world so I firmly believe that in 3 or 4 years time he is going to be better than Ozil.

At the moment he is a class act. But who is to say he is actually going to get the game time to make his mark and get the first team spot. The only way i can see this happening if he takes a loan move. To be fair, it is way to hard for the youth at chelsea to break into the first team. This is why tournaments like the Carling Cup should be used to implement youth into the team and let them play alongside our stars. If they they prove them selves in these tournaments then this is when they will get there shots in the league.

well...in fact he was actually part of the England under 17 team that won an 8 team European Championship finals beating Spain 2-1 in the final, not the World Championships..

i love the potential Josh has,don`t get me wrong...i just guess after following Chelsea for 30 years i`ve seen a lot of promising youngsters that have looked great against teenagers but not grown into great pro`s...so i stay away from annointing 17 year old players who have yet to play a professional game of football better than 21 year old`s who are currently lighting up the adult World Cup..not just some kids tournament that he had already lit up last year.

i`d love McEachran to become better than Ozil but the earlier statement said nothing about in 3 or 4years time that you are suggesting now.

i`d rather us get Ozil the player who has actually proven himself at an elite level.. rather than wait 3 or 4 years for something to happen that may just not happen ever..if it does we can just have both..no need to stop at just one great young player.

i`m not trying to knock McEachran...just trying to avoid putting a 17 year old on a pedestal that he has yet to earn..for his own good.

there`s a huge difference between the under 17 European Championships and the actual elite, all pro World Cup...and it`s unrealistic to presume that in 4 years he will be able to catch up to where Ozil is now..on current form, arguably the greatest midfielder on the planet...though not "just" catch him up, but be better than him.

don`t forget in 4 years time Ozil will still be improving all that time too..at 25 he will still be a couple of years from a midfielders peak.

maybe Josh will be as great as you believe he will and as good as i hope..just going through how much of a long way he has to go to get to that level of play.

I don't know why i am not looking at this lad how others look at him.

You can compare Kakuta and Ozil because they play in the same position, they are both wingers and both play number 10 role. But they are uncomparable in the terms of experience. I mean Ozil is good, but he would take Kakuta's minutes on the pitch which i don't want to happen. And i really think that Kakuta will get some games this season and we will see the real image of him.

I don't know why i am not looking at this lad how others look at him.

You can compare Kakuta and Ozil because they play in the same position, they are both wingers and both play number 10 role. But they are uncomparable in the terms of experience. I mean Ozil is good, but he would take Kakuta's minutes on the pitch which i don't want to happen. And i really think that Kakuta will get some games this season and we will see the real image of him.

i believe both could play on the same team at the same time and be successful in it.

they are similar in some ways but they can interplay..switch roles..and they are in some areas are better than each other. e.g.i`d say Kakuta has perhaps a better shot,speed and dribbing ability..where as Ozil is a better passer,better vision on the field,ability to see who to pass to when and what angles to take when off the ball.etc...Kakuta perhaps has more trickery when the ball is at his feet but Ozil has more trickery when he doesn`t have the ball..to me its like Ozil is a bit like Iniesta and Kakuta similar in style to Messi..

Edited by BlueDrew

I don't know like hmm... Kakuta or McEachran?

You can't say they are more talented than Özil beacuse he has impressed in Bundesliga and WC. They only play for reserves and have a lot of potential but our youngsters are very overrated. People were saying Sinclair is a huge talent, Di Santo is a huge talent and we now see this isn't true. I will wait a few more years to say if Kakuta and McEachran are good and right for Chelsea but until then Özil is a much better option, beacuse he is ready for big games in CL and against BIG 4.

i believe both could play on the same team at the same time and be successful in it.

they are similar in some ways but they can interplay..switch roles..and they are in some areas are better than each other. e.g.i`d say Kakuta has perhaps a better shot,speed and dribbing ability..where as Ozil is a better passer,better vision on the field,ability to see who to pass to when and what angles to take when off the ball.etc...Kakuta perhaps has more trickery when the ball is at his feet but Ozil has more trickery when he doesn`t have the ball..to me its like Ozil is a bit like Iniesta and Kakuta similar in style to Messi..

I agree with that.

I really want to see some players from academy make it, because that would give totally new image of the club. They also must buy some players but it angers me when some chelsea fans want to buy many players that has been good on WC. For exaple Thomas Muller, some speak of him as he is some sensation and want to see him at CFC, but we already have Sturridge, who hasn't played that much just because we have better senior strikers than Bayern do have and that also stands out for national level.

I am sorry for making offtopic but it is not fair when we are looking at other club's players and don't back our own ones and don't look at circumstances that are in every club.

I agree with that.

I really want to see some players from academy make it, because that would give totally new image of the club. They also must buy some players but it angers me when some chelsea fans want to buy many players that has been good on WC. For exaple Thomas Muller, some speak of him as he is some sensation and want to see him at CFC, but we already have Sturridge, who hasn't played that much just because we have better senior strikers than Bayern do have and that also stands out for national level.

I am sorry for making offtopic but it is not fair when we are looking at other club's players and don't back our own ones and don't look at circumstances that are in every club.

we are being rumoured to be after a lot of players but i can only see us buying 2 at maximum 3 of those players .

5 have left so far ( Ballack,Cole,Belletti,Stoch and Deco is on his way out the door,anytime now it seems )and i think another 2 or 3 will leave (Hilario,Ferriera & 50/50 Carvalho)

so that would leave 8 players departing from the first team squad..being replaced by say 3 young but experienced players bought in..and the 5 additions from the academy that Carlo has stated a while back.

i agree it has been frustrating not seeing players make it from the academy since Roman bought the club and well not even given a chance really..but Roman and Arnesen have been building up the talent level of our kids during those years and now it`s clear that the talent level has risen alot..and enough for Carlo to have enough faith in them to promote them into the first team squad.

it`s been a long time coming but the wait to see them in first team action will be ending soon..Kakuta,Bruma,Hutchinson & Matic looks to be certain to have extended playing time to add to the brief stints here and there from last season...i think actually there could well be more than 5 from our academy that gets some first team action next year..add Mancienne,Cork,McEachran,Tore,Sala..the Cliffords,Sam Walker,Delac,Rajkovic,Borini,Sturridge,Mikel...there`s a lot of great young prospects that will figure at various times throughout the season...probably more in the Milk Cup to start off with..or when we play the weaker teams in other competitions..i think Kakuta injury- free permitting, will be in the match day squad pretty much every game..and well the others it`s anyones guess but there`s no doubt in my mind that Carlo is confident in their ability as he would have never let so many walk away so early if he didn`t think we had good prospects in our academy who could step in if needed.

the thing is tho with them needing time to grow into regular starters they need a season or two of gradually building up their workload and at present the starters we have like Drogba,Lampard,Anelka,Malouda etc..are close to being good enough to win the champions league in the next year or two ,if they could only have that little extra something that an Aguero or Ozil would bring NOW..rather than waiting around because in all likelihood by the time Kakuta etc..are ready to be full time, 40 plus games a season starters..Drogba,Anelka,Lampard etc..will be either playing in some lower level football in say america or saudi arabia etc..or retired.

after all the heartbreaks we and our veteran players like Lamps,Nico & Drogs have felt in the champions league over the last several years..wouldn`t it be a great send off to those Chelsea Legends,to finally get our paws on that awesome trophy .

their chances of ever getting their hands on the world cup has passed them by now...lets get the one or two missing pieces that will give them essentially the clubs version of the world cup.

blue%20scalf.gif :champions: blue%20scalf.gif