Mesut Özil

Swoopz

Would be a great signing. We desperately need a skillful playmaking AM and he isn't even expensive. Every big club in need of AM would be foolish not to try signing him. If Chelsea really want him, they should make a bid fast. With us, he's practically guaranteed a spot in the first XI. His only competition for the AM role would be Benayoun and he's not Chelsea first XI material.

At Barcelona he would play second fiddle to Iniesta and Real have Kaka, Van der Vaart and Canales for the AM spot.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see him coming to here to be honest. He's a great player which means big money and big competition will involved. I don't think we have the funds or the market power of teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid and ManUtd.

I don't see him coming to here to be honest. He's a great player which means big money and big competition will involved. I don't think we have the funds or the market power of teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid and ManUtd.

Not true. His contract expires next year and he has publicly admitted he won't extend his contract. He's not gonna cost more than €15 mil. Great price for a great player with unbelievable potential.

Gourlay made it clear that there's money available and if Ancelotti wants to sign a player (Özil in this case), Chelsea will go for him. No crazy prices though but that's not the case with Özil. Don't know about the market power though, they do have the club popularity in their favor.

I don't know what to believe anymore. One day he says he would love to come to England, next day he says he likes Spain. Then he says he'll stay put and see out his contract. Now this. Ain't gonna believe a word till someone puts pen to paper. dry.gif

Not true. His contract expires next year and he has publicly admitted he won't extend his contract. He's not gonna cost more than €15 mil. Great price for a great player with unbelievable potential.

Gourlay made it clear that there's money available and if Ancelotti wants to sign a player (Özil in this case), Chelsea will go for him. No crazy prices though but that's not the case with Özil. Don't know about the market power though, they do have the club popularity in their favor.

That's true, but there is still every chance Bremen will try to sell him before his contract expires so they can get as much money from him as possible. This is why I think if it came down to a bidding war, we would not be victorious.

Almost forgot.

Werder have already denied reports about Barcelona and Werder reaching an agreement and they said Barca haven't even made a bid.

Özil was also surprised by the news and has denied any (personal) agreements with Barcelona.

Good news for us if we're interested. Really hope we are.

Hmmm telegraph even had the Barca story up though

Doesn't matter. The club and the player self have already denied the Barca deal. Can't imagine you believing the telegraph and not the club or player whistling.gif

Well only 21 days to find out one way or another if this will happen or not....... :)

I am sure Ozil will move somewhere this summer, unless of course he has an agreement in place with someone to hang it out a season and move on a free.