David Silva

Seems David Silva is leaving it up to Valencia whether he is to be sold or not.

With Valencia's, well known, cash flow crisis the right offer may force them to sell. A possible transfer for Chelsea?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6195007,00.html

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a great player, and at 23 he would help bring the average age of the squad down. But we kind of have left sided players. I wouldent complain if he came to Stamford Bridge, i just think we should focus on other positions first, like.....the RIGHT of midfield ^.^

we do need younger players but malouda still has a few years left in him and he's just hit the best form hes had at chelsea what we need is some new yound centre backs and strikers like aguero, we also need to try and keep hold of joe cole for the right mid and if he leaves worry about the right

if we hv to replace malouda den y not with STOCH.......................he has proved his potential last season with TWENTE.............................y to spend on SILVA or any other player......................

• 2 weeks later...

According to him:

"Chelsea have established themselves as one of the best clubs in Europe over the last five years," he said in the Daily Star. "They might not have the history of Real Madrid or AC Milan but they are creating their own history now.

"There is no reason why in the future Chelsea can't be as decorated as Real Madrid. Chelsea probably have, along with Barcelona, the best squad in football and if any player joins Chelsea he knows he is going to win things.

"In players like John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, they have players who would get into any team in the world and it would be a pleasure to play with them.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Chelsea would be a great club to play for - and a club where I could fulfil my ambition of league titles and the European Cup.

"The Premier League is still the place to be. No other league in the world has six or seven Champions League-quality teams."

same reason like aguerowhistling.gif

espn

Was just about to post this. He is a class act. But he does play on the left wing. I don't watch enough Spanish football to say whether or not he can play in other positions though.

Hopefully he can play on the right wing also, coming to the centre and shoot with his left. We cannot put Malouda on the bench after last season!

Malouda was playing a centre midfield role, Roaming around the pitch. Would love him to come here, Seems like he really wants to aswell.

They would love to keep him Sam but you have to think of it financially from Valencia's point of view. They are hugely ridden with debt, and they could be forced to sell, which is a plus for us if we're planning to sign him.

Of course, the only negative aspects to the sale, is that, because they are debt-ridden, they'll want to squeeze every million they can get for him, considering his high profile as a player (£30-35 million max), which I reckon is way too much, and the more his price goes up, the better the chances of Manchester City getting hold of him, regardless of his interest in Chelsea. And didn't Ron Gourlay say at the end of the season... "we won't be competing with anyone for players in the market!"

Money talks!

He can play either wing but he can also play behind a striker who is a position where his creativity would benefit Chelsea.

Personally I've never been a huge fan of his, however I can understand why the club might make a move for him. He is fast, skillful and creative, all things that perhaps we could do with in the starting line up. Yes he would cost 30 million and upwards but at the end of the day thats how much any talented established player is going to cost, if James Milner costs 25 million then David Silva will cost 30+ million.