David Silva

the thing with signing Spanish players is although there`s plenty of them who are good players..if they do well,it`s only a matter of time before Barca & Real comes calling and the player sulks until he gets to go there, because he "always dreamed of playing for Barca/Real.."

i personally would be content if we signed nobody and give our talented youngsters more playing time...it would atleast be better than signing somebody whose heart is really elsewhere..if he joins Citeh..he`ll be back in Spain within two to three years for sure..if not before.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Daily Mail are saying Chelsea may beat Manchester City to the Spaniard's signature, at the cost of £29million & £160,00 a week.

His agent, reportedly, says:

We won't know where he is going this week because we're weighing up offers from three clubs and one of them is Chelsea. If Silva doesn't want to go (to City), the transfer isn't possible

so it looks like Silva has three offers - one from Chelsea, one from City and one from some unknown team - and all is up to him. The question is Trophies, Champions League football etc. X money, money, money

Would like Silva if we cant get Aguero this season, he would have to play on the right though roataing with anelka and cause on the left we pretty much jam packed, but id rather Aguero and Anelka rotate for that position.

I agree with Matterz. If we can't sign Aguero (who has said recently he wants to stay with Atletico next season. Will find the source for that in his thread), then bringing in Silva is just as good.

Aguero didnt say anything his club president said he thinks he will stay! Some people would liek both players but to be realistic we dont need both players unless someone like Malouda or Kalou leaves which I cant see happening. If we dont sign Aguero this window its not the end of the world (as long as he doesnt leave Atletico Madrid for another club of course) and Silva would be a great addition to our squad for this coming season and maybe Aguero the next season altough hopefully we will get sooner rather than later

Yeah it's stacked against us, but, at the end of the day, as Silva's agent has stated... Silva will decide where he wants to play, "if he doesn't want to go to City, the transfer won't happen" <--- quote.

He's clearly said he'd prefer a move to Stamford Bridge... we'll just have to see how things pan out and hope for the best :)

Yeah it's stacked against us, but, at the end of the day, as Silva's agent has stated... Silva will decide where he wants to play, "if he doesn't want to go to City, the transfer won't happen" <--- quote.

He's clearly said he'd prefer a move to Stamford Bridge... we'll just have to see how things pan out and hope for the best :)

That's true, but look what happened to Robinho. He wanted to move to Chelsea but the only thing that was holding us back on a deal was Ramon Calderon's hatred of us. And just for good measure he decided to sell him to Manchester City on deadline day!

At least in this situation, Valencia are in so much debt that selling their prolific players is paramount, so any bid can see us with a decent agreement. Only thing standing in our way is City's so called, "perverted greed".

The point I'm getting at (and of course fearing), is that even in situations where you know a player wants to join a specific club, it might not be possible, and players have to choose the next best thing, (just like Robinho had to), if Valencia want a replacement striker because of their debt problems, then they are obviously going to head over to City. It's not like Valencia have the money to buy another one should they sell and pay off their debts. We can't provide a replacement striker for Valencia if we sign Silva. Would you want to see Anelka, Drogba or Kalou join Valencia? Of course Anelka isn't surplus to going anywhere since he's signed a contract extension.

Yes, of course I'm aware that Silva wants to join us rather than City, but I do have my doubts. And as many have said on this forum... unless it's official on the Chelsea website, I don't believe anything.

Edited by CJ Revo

That's true, but look what happened to Robinho. He wanted to move to Chelsea but the only thing that was holding us back on a deal was Ramon Calderon's hatred of us. And just for good measure he decided to sell him to Manchester City on deadline day!

At least in this situation, Valencia are in so much debt that selling their prolific players is paramount, so any bid can see us with a decent agreement. Only thing standing in our way is City's so called, "perverted greed".

The point I'm getting at (and of course fearing), is that even in situations where you know a player wants to join a specific club, it might not be possible, and players have to choose the next best thing, (just like Robinho had to), if Valencia want a replacement striker because of their debt problems, then they are obviously going to head over to City. It's not like Valencia have the money to buy another one should they sell and pay off their debts. We can't provide a replacement striker for Valencia if we sign Silva. Would you want to see Anelka, Drogba or Kalou join Valencia? Of course Anelka isn't surplus to going anywhere since he's signed a contract extension.

Yes, of course I'm aware that Silva wants to join us rather than City, but I do have my doubts. And as many have said on this forum... unless it's official on the Chelsea website, I don't believe anything.

That might be not such a bad idea