My view on Mikel

Wilson

What did we really see in Mikel? He is useless! I wish he just went t Man United in the first place. Am I being to harsh or? I admit he is still young and can improve and develope. But at this moment he is rather worthless. I think we could sell him for between 10-20 mil even though money is not issue for Chelsea haha.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we really see in Mikel? He is useless! I wish he just went t Man United in the first place. Am I being to harsh or? I admit he is still young and can improve and develope. But at this moment he is rather worthless. I think we could sell him for between 10-20 mil even though money is not issue for Chelsea haha.

First of all, the fact you said we could sell him for 10-20 million means he must be a half decent player.

And yes i think you are a bit harsh on Mikel although you are not the first person i have heard to have spoken about him in this way.

In my opinion i think Mikel is a usefull member of the squad. Although he has the occasional lapse of concentration... He is very composed on the ball, he has good control, he is strong and has a very wise head on his shoulders for his young age. Like a little Makelele, but bigger than him. lol. But all in all a very good player who could become a world star in years to come in my opinion.

Your all tools :)

Mikel is a good player and worth having in the squad, what more do you want from him? You say he is still young and can develop. When you have Essien in the squad you are not going to play much. I'm happy enough with him and think his future at CFC is bright.

First of all on the negative he does get a lot of flak from fans shouting abuse around me -and I have been critical. He is supposedly a naturally attack minded midfielder who plays the holding role. his passes are always sideways or backwards which is fair enough for that position. But if his natural role is an attacking midfielder then you'd think he'd have a bit of urgency going forward now and again and he'd get at least one shot on target. he rarely tracks back once hes lost the ball, or if he does he'll foul the player.

On the positive, taking over from Makalele was never going to be a walk in the park -he does a dirty job protecting the defence which is why he is sometimes seen as a dirty player. He rarely gets bundled off the ball, and does an adequate job when required.

Lets not forget he was signed by Mourinho, and was 2nd Best Player in the World in 2005 behind Messi. If he'd gone to Yernited he'd have been the first African player to have flourished under Ferguson -there has never been one African successful under red nose. ph34r.gif The other thing in his favour is his age -.........but someone needs to teach him how to shoot at the training ground.....smile.gif

I agree with Shane's point in the above post, but that's no reason to call someone a tool. As much as it made me laugh. Keep it friendly folks ;)

I'm partial towards Mikel. When he's on-form, he's brilliant. He is very good at breaking up attacks; he just lacks the same forward prowess of Essien. Nevertheless, he could be as good as Makelele in my opinion. He has the strength and pace to cope in the middle of the park, he is a good tackler and has an eye for a good pass. I think he needs to work on his attacking game, though, we do lack some creativity when he plays the holding role, whereas Deco, Ballack or Essien would roam forward.

Mikel is one of those type of players like Kalou, who can do wondeful things then the next minute he looks like he's never seen a football before in his life.

I would rather have him in our team that not....lets just put it like that. He has a tendancy to be a bit of a hothead and he needs to learn to stop flying into tackles. He can be his own worst enemy at times.

I suppose, at least Mikel doesnt bitch about anything haha. I hope he does improve. I would not be angry or gutted if we did sell him though, I mean perhaps it would be better for him if he joined another team where he starts because he does deserve to start. But I also see why he doesn't because he can be sloppy. Im 50/50 lol.