John Terry's been a bad boy!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not interested in them, this is our current captain and he's behaving like a complete cock.

Well we don't really know what happened just what some gossip news papers tell us and yeah it pretty much makes him look like a cock but tbh this isn't much worse then those guide tours he did...

Look, this didn't happen yesterday. It's old news, it's just that it's only just hit the press.

It was a girlfriend of Bridge, not his wife.

And she dumped Bridge for, apparently, playing away himself.

So over-reaction is best left to the tabloids.

This has NOTHING to do with being a good captain for Chelsea or England. Terry has broken no law.

You don't think about the consequences at the time, she is more guilty in my view the woman always is more guilty.

Thats due of their special powers to entice men into bed...... :rolleyes:

JT knew exactly what he was doing and is as much to blame as the the girl mentioned.

Unfortunately only men face the prosecution.

He's not being prosecuted....just slated in the papers for shagging around when he should have known better.

If you're talking about in general ie...rape(Which JT is not being accused of)....then as far as I'm aware the vast majority of rapes go unreported,and those that do its something like 90% in favour of the accused as its one persons word against another.

Edited by Aesthetic Relic

Look, this didn't happen yesterday. It's old news, it's just that it's only just hit the press.

It was a girlfriend of Bridge, not his wife.

And she dumped Bridge for, apparently, playing away himself.

So over-reaction is best left to the tabloids.

This has NOTHING to do with being a good captain for Chelsea or England. Terry has broken no law.

emo3.gif you sound like the voice of reason ..you will never make a journoclap.gif

Players private lives should stay that way as far as I'm concerned, and as far as the captaincy goes I think he should keep it. But if what he's done has affected his relationship with the rest of the team, if they've lost respect for him or no longer have faith in him, that's another issue altogether. If they don't want him to be captain then he shouldn't be. Same goes for England, I suppose. But I don't really care about England.

[Though I think image may end up being way more important on the England front.]

Edited by anathemadelight

Players private lives should stay that way as far as I'm concerned, and as far as the captaincy goes I think he should keep it. But if what he's done has affected his relationship with the rest of the team, if they've lost respect for him or no longer have faith in him, that's another issue altogether. If they don't want him to be captain then he shouldn't be. Same goes for England, I suppose. But I don't really care about England.

[Though I think image may end up being way more important on the England front.]

If you're in the public eye then you're there for the taking imo. Thats the way the media operate.

I dont think it has affected the relationship of the players. This came out a while back and alot of people within the club and other folk obviously knew about it and were told to keep it under wraps. If it hadn't of came to light we'd be none the wiser and the unity of the players wouldnt be questioned as they appear to be right behind one another.

What it has done is put a black mark against him as a person. If he does get stripped of the captaincy for England then I would understand why. He's an iconic figure and kids will look up to him. Wether or not it will affect his Chelsea captaincy remains to be seen....I dont think it will come to that, but the first 50/50 between Terry and Bridge will be interesting to say the least. :whistling:

I don't know when this story came out but i think it is interesting that every controversial headline about John Terry recently, i seem to remember him making a statement defending himself etc.

Like i said... i'm not sure when this story came out but JT has put out no statement which suggests to me this may be true.

On the whole image thing... I think Drogba11CFC sums it up perfectly. It is none of our business where John puts himself so to speak. If this is true then i suppose his image will be tarnished but it has nothing to do with his leadership or ability on a football pitch so therefore don't think he will have to relinquish the England captaincy and he has nothing to worry about with the Chelsea captaincy.

Well, City and Chelsea have already met since this incident.

Terry is the captain of England because of his leadership ON THE PITCH. The captaincy isn't a popularity contest, and it's not a matter for the Public Relations department. It should be assigned due to the influence of the player concerned. Terry has shown time and time again that he'll put his body on the line for the game of football. He's played through pain, public accusations before now, during the good times with Chelsea and the bad.

If England and/or Chelsea turn against him because he allegedly slept with a lingerie model, well it would be ridiculous. Why would Gerrard, Rio, or Rooney care about it? What are they, saints?

Basically stories like this are designed to get people over-excited until the next celebrity deathmatch comes up. As soon as someone else comes along that can be assassinated, they'll jump on that bandwagon.

Terry, on the other hand, will do what he always does. He'll work through the pressure and do hid talking on the pitch. He'll be there tomorrow with the rest of the boys, giving Burnley a hard time.

What we're talking about here are someones morals. And for the tabloids such as News of the World and The Sun are so concerned about that, maybe they should cut out the Page 3 girls and shots of topless women every day/week. Hardly good morals, is it?

But it is errant hypocrisy.

Well, City and Chelsea have already met since this incident.

Terry is the captain of England because of his leadership ON THE PITCH. The captaincy isn't a popularity contest, and it's not a matter for the Public Relations department. It should be assigned due to the influence of the player concerned. Terry has shown time and time again that he'll put his body on the line for the game of football. He's played through pain, public accusations before now, during the good times with Chelsea and the bad.

If England and/or Chelsea turn against him because he allegedly slept with a lingerie model, well it would be ridiculous. Why would Gerrard, Rio, or Rooney care about it? What are they, saints?

Basically stories like this are designed to get people over-excited until the next celebrity deathmatch comes up. As soon as someone else comes along that can be assassinated, they'll jump on that bandwagon.

Terry, on the other hand, will do what he always does. He'll work through the pressure and do hid talking on the pitch. He'll be there tomorrow with the rest of the boys, giving Burnley a hard time.

What we're talking about here are someones morals. And for the tabloids such as News of the World and The Sun are so concerned about that, maybe they should cut out the Page 3 girls and shots of topless women every day/week. Hardly good morals, is it?

But it is errant hypocrisy.

Agreed with every word. clap.gif

You know what gets me? I love Chelsea, always have and always will but that doesn't mean I can't accept when a player of ours is out of order. And yet there's so many blue-tinted specs round here, it seems our players are are forgiven just about anything.

What sort of argument is 'he can put his dick where he likes'? Get real. He's not only an extremely high profile professional footballer, he's the Chelsea AND England captain ffs. The fact that he's there to be shot down comes with the territory and he's actually giving every scum journo and every scum opposition the bloody ammunition to do it with.

Haven't any of you sussed it yet? It isnt just JT that gets shot at - its us and its our bloody club!

He doesn't let this bad press effect his performances on the pitch, he's a leader on the pitch he gives his all for the shirt.

Nobody is perfect everone makes mistakes but his are highlighted so much because of who he is. & the press seem to be after him. The English press especially in a world cup year are highlighting all his mistakes trying to knock him off his perch.

As for stripping him of the captaincy because of this is a ridiculous thought. He's a leader on the pitch who are we going to give it to

Gerrard who beats people up in bars?

Rio who misses drug tests?

What JT has done may be wrong but its not illegal and he hasn't broken any rules of the game.

His mother in law was stilling his dad selling drugs i think what don't kill him gonna make him stronger. I think he already now how to deal with situations like this he is a proffesional player !